IGNORED

Best Players Go/ No New Stand

Franklin CITY

Guest BeNeRz

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

What seriously is the point in this post? your just whining on about stupid things!

Which best player has left?

The inexperienced manager who got us to 7th?

The ground develop thats goin on now?

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

Isnt it great to have a Chairman who lets our best players go.

Isnt it great to have an inexperienced 'manager' who few want to play for

oh and what has happened to our new ground redevelopment ??

The sooner these fools are out the better.

It's going to be a very interesting season.

dance.gif

What a ridiculous post.

Should have read....

Isn't it great to have a chairman who is trying to turn a loss making company heading for the scrapheap into one that at leasst breaks even. Doing this in his spare time and so committed to that cause that he is willing to underwrite current losses of over 1 million per year.

Isn't it great to have a manager who actually cares for the club, rather than one who is simply doing the rounds of clubs. A new manager who although inexperienced is showing a willingness to learn and great desire to improve. One who realises the importance of a team pulling in the same direction and not afraid to crack the whip amongst those in the comfort zone.

Isn't is great to have major ground redevelopment (now beginning on schedule after the two concerts). A new stand of which the club can be proud and more importantly one that will be used on a daily basis (instead of 1 day every two weeks), therefore bringing in much sought after revenue (see point 1 above). Particularly great considering the funding for the stand is in place and has not / will not affect the transfer budget afforded to the manager. What great insight by the chief executive to have this thing built at such a time when not only is the planning permission gained a few years ago still in tact, but the club are also in the process of re-negotiating a long term catering contract that pretty much pays for the bloody thing.......

Yes, what stupid people are at the helm.

What a ridiculous post.

Should have read....

Isn't it great to have a chairman who is trying to turn a loss making company heading for the scrapheap into one that at leasst breaks even. Doing this in his spare time and so committed to that cause that he is willing to underwrite current losses of over 1 million per year.

Isn't it great to have a manager who actually cares for the club, rather than one who is simply doing the rounds of clubs. A new manager who although inexperienced is showing a willingness to learn and great desire to improve. One who realises the importance of a team pulling in the same direction and not afraid to crack the whip amongst those in the comfort zone.

Isn't is great to have major ground redevelopment (now beginning on schedule after the two concerts). A new stand of which the club can be proud and more importantly one that will be used on a daily basis (instead of 1 day every two weeks), therefore bringing in much sought after revenue (see point 1 above). Particularly great considering the funding for the stand is in place and has not / will not affect the transfer budget afforded to the manager. What great insight by the chief executive to have this thing built at such a time when not only is the planning permission gained a few years ago still in tact, but the club are also in the process of re-negotiating a long term catering contract that pretty much pays for the bloody thing.......

Yes, what stupid people are at the helm.

What a quality reply to another dire post on this forum. I cant agree with you more on all the points you've raised "WLA". We have a board and a manager wanting to take the club in the right directions. If we get offered £850k for Leroy then we snap off who evers hand that feeds and invest some of it back into the squad.

What a quality reply to another dire post on this forum. I cant agree with you more on all the points you've raised "WLA". We have a board and a manager wanting to take the club in the right directions. If we get offered £850k for Leroy then we snap off who evers hand that feeds and invest some of it back into the squad.

To buy another Dinning or Herrernan or Smith or Ireland or some Southend reserve ???

Look I am as passionate about this club as anyone. I was at home to Leeds in the cup, at home to Portsmouth, away at Highbury, away at Coventryetcetc but Tinnion is turning this club into a very ordinary outfit. The mid field was bypassed completly last year and the defending was rank. I have no cause for being optimistic this year.

Playing with half a dozen teenages does not work . Roll on Christmas when the results will do the talking

With respect you need to 'get real'. we are a 3rd division club, call it what you like to make it sound better.

Every player has his price, there are 2 divisions above us that can easily tempt players to them with the lure of money and success etc, never mind our rivals. We could offer them a huge wage, but most players get dazzled by the glittering lights of playing on a bigger stage. We can't compete, until we get there. And the circle goes on.

Every manager was inexperienced once, we've had experienced managers too remember.

Ground development. We are very much alone as our council aren't forthcoming, this is where some other clubs have a helping hand. We are doing what we can with limited space and resources. I'd rather that than go way in debt or move to some out of town soul less stadium.

I agree but what hurts is that the team was so close to getting promotion and just needed a minor tweak not to have the heart ripped out by someone learning his trade. Also I object to the Board's 'scare tacktics ' of selling season tickets because the ground redevelopment issues when it aint going to happen, or at least at best a watered down version.

I want to see a Board with vision and ambition, not one which sees survival as succes- Jeuss the Gas are good at that...

I agree but what hurts is that the team was so close to getting promotion and just needed a minor tweak not to have the heart ripped out by someone learning his trade. Also I object to the Board's 'scare tacktics ' of selling season tickets because the ground redevelopment issues when it aint going to happen, or at least at best a watered down version.

I want to see a Board with vision and ambition, not one which sees survival as succes- Jeuss the Gas are good at that...

Ah, the vision

FC, It will always be the case on this forum,that anyone who has passion to want the best for BCFC gets short shrift.

As I said,we have an interesting season ahead.

I cast my feelings from the beginning of last season & will now have to see how things develop over the first 10/12 games of this season.

I must admit, AG used to be a place feared by many teams, but I reckon next season many teams will enjoy coming here.

A lot will be sorted by Christmas - If BT is in charge at the end of the season - we have got promoted. Lets hope so !

But head & heart have differing views.

• Admin

I'm confused, don't you support "Bristol City" then? I've seen none of our "best players" leave yet!

Yep, must be some other team, "Bristol City" have actually signed several players who DO want to play for our manager

Ours starts work in September apparently. As I don't know who you support I'm afraid I don't know the answer for your team

Yep, sounds bad, I feel for you man!

i take it your in pre season forum training laugh.gif

This a classic example of a thread that has no originality or idea of the real situation and has been written by an angry a twisted individual who must be a closet gashead......after all what "true" City fan would have written such a bitter piece about his own club?

Guest DrFaustus
This a classic example of a thread that has no originality or idea of the real situation and has been written by an angry a twisted individual who must be a closet gashead......after all what "true" City fan would have written such a bitter piece about his own club?

We have people like you on our forum Robbored. Anyone who says anything which is critical of the club, or can be construed as criticism, is villified as not being a true fan. Such supreme arrogance is insulting to those who have a different opinion.

How do you manage to walk on water, while healing lepers and restoring the power of sight to the blind?

Ah, the vision

Arrrhhh. What vision do you want? I forget the Elton John concert at the Memorial Ground. I forget the redevelopment plans for the Memorial Ground. The directors are running a business. They can't afford your kind of vision.

FC, It will always be the case on this forum,that anyone who has passion to want the best for BCFC gets short shrift.

Que? We all (barring a few reprobates like DrF/RGSC) have passion to want the best for BCFC. Obviously, as this thread proves, some of us are just plain bonkers. That's not short shift, it's reality. dance.gif

But head & heart have differing views.

At least you have a heart. razz.gif

With respect you need to 'get real'. we are a 3rd division club, call it what you like to make it sound better.

Every player has his price, there are 2 divisions above us that can easily tempt players to them with the lure of money and success etc, never mind our rivals. We could offer them a huge wage, but most players get dazzled by the glittering lights of playing on a bigger stage. We can't compete, until we get there. And the circle goes on.

Every manager was inexperienced once, we've had experienced managers too remember.

Ground development. We are very much alone as our council aren't forthcoming, this is where some other clubs have a helping hand. We are doing what we can with limited space and resources. I'd rather that than go way in debt or move to some out of town soul less stadium.

Yes, Tinnion was inexperienced once. What he can't afford, is to be inexpetrienced twice.

Yes, Tinnion was inexperienced once. What he can't afford, is to be inexpetrienced twice.

I wouldn't disagree with that, and I'm sure Tinnion is also well aware. It will really be make or break this season. He has been able to bring in his own players, no longer willl he have the reasoning that his former team mates are having difficulty in accepting him.

I must admit I thought the playoff failure team only needed a few minor tweeks and up we would go. It seems the problems were more deeply rooted than that. Hopefully now these problems have been sorted due to a fairly major overhaul. A brave thing to impliment when it would have been easier to do nothing. I don't get the impression that Tinnion is an 'easy life' sort of person though. I've looked into those eyes! Quite different to DW in that sense?

Given the choice of going up by papering over the cracks and then bumping back down again, or going up and staying up because we have the players, facilities etc (all be it a season or 2 later), I know which one I would want.

Guest kingswoodred23

When will people stop whining about stupid little things, for god sake its like banghead.gif give them a chance, leroy hasnt gone yet, 7th isnt bad for an inexperienced manager in 1st season, the experience of Danny Wilson got us in 9th place in his 1st season

Arrrhhh.  What vision do you want?  I forget the Elton John concert at the Memorial Ground.  I forget the redevelopment plans for the Memorial Ground.  The directors are running a business.  They can't afford your kind of vision.

Que?  We all (barring a few reprobates like DrF/RGSC) have passion to want the best for BCFC.  Obviously, as this thread proves, some of us are just plain bonkers.  That's not short shift, it's reality.  dance.gif

At least you have a heart.  razz.gif

What has any vision that anyone I or anyone got for this club, got anything to do with Elton John or the Memorial Ground?

The club remains £4 mill in debt & while great efforts have been made to get the commercial aspects right. we remain in Div 1.

Yes,we are secure in the hands of our mega rich Board. But thats what they are - rich list guys.

Being a Chairman or Director comes with a big ego. Why would anyone want to be at the helm of a football club.

This coming season is a mega deal for the club & promotion is the only option.

I believe that we could have a far better vision in the merchandising department & for a club that promised so much for so long - we just havn't delivered.

• Admin

Just for my own piece of mind.. now correct me if I am wrong. But were the club not to decide on the 20th June about tendering the work out to develope the new stand.

Again I 'assumed' the work was to start the day after Rodney's concert.

Have I missed something or has there been no "official" announcement that the work is going ahead ?

We have people like you on our forum Robbored. Anyone who says anything which is critical of the club, or can be construed as criticism, is villified as not being a true fan. Such supreme arrogance is insulting to those who have a different opinion.

How do you manage to walk on water, while healing lepers and restoring the power of sight to the blind?

Never thought I would agree with a Gashead !

I may not agree totally with FC, but he has an opinion & is right to express it on an open forum.

Debate it - yes.

ranting.gif

When will people stop whining about stupid little things, for god sake its like  banghead.gif give them a chance, leroy hasnt gone yet, 7th isnt bad for an inexperienced manager in 1st season, the experience of Danny Wilson got us in 9th place in his 1st season

doh.gif

Yep, think we have cover this one.

But for the record. DW took over a poo squad from Clueless & did a grand job to even get anywhere near the top.

BT took over a quality squad that just missed out in the PO final.

And we finished 7th ? Progress - I don't think so.

If I was chairman I'd divert the money used to keep potentially disloyal academy football starlets in the lap of luxury to funding better catering facilities on matchdays for the benefit of true supporters. Money could also be diverted from the academy to fund a two tier not a single tier stand to replace the East End. I dislike disloyalty to Bristol City FC and the expensive to run academy seems to be becoming a breeding ground of treachery to our beloved club.

The sooner negative people like you stop supporting the club the better !

Guest young richy
doh.gif

Yep, think we have cover this one.

But for the record. DW took over a poo squad from Clueless & did a grand job to even get anywhere near the top.

BT took over a quality squad that just missed out in the PO final.

And we finished 7th ? Progress - I don't think so.

disapointed2se.gif took on half of DW's squad

What has any vision that anyone I or anyone got for this club, got anything to do with Elton John or the Memorial Ground?

The club remains £4 mill in debt & while great efforts have been made to get the commercial aspects right. we remain in Div 1.

Yes,we are secure in the hands of our mega rich Board. But thats what they are - rich list guys.

Being a Chairman or Director comes with a big ego. Why would anyone want to be at the helm of a football club.

This coming season is a mega deal for the club & promotion is the only option.

I believe that we could have a far better vision in the merchandising department & for a club that promised so much for so long - we just havn't delivered.

Sorry richieb, I'll have to spell it out to you.

The club are bringing major international pop stars to the club to bring in much needed revenue during the close season. This is not an obvious development since they are not doing it at the Memorial Ground, or Brentford, or Southend... This is called being visionary. Even you think the club have made good commercial improvements.

Perhaps you could enlighten us with your vision for the merchandising?

Archived