IGNORED

Ashton Eight T-shirt

wesco

If you look behind Garland,Tainton,Sweeney and Rodgers you'll see the Open End as it used to be before the Atyeo was built.

Ahh....good days.

The open end, great times indeed.

The young 'uns on here don't know what they missed. It was what a Saturday at the Gate was all about, STANDING where you liked with your mates. The smell of the cigar smoke wafting in the air (I don't smell that anymore at the Gate?).

The guy in the Williams shouting 'Come on you reds! at the top of his voice on his todd. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing as I type this.

A great crack with the away fans most weeks (apart from Cardiff) I remember when they tried to demolish the turnstiles for us, 5 years too early though!

I remember the 5-1 League Cup v Cardiff 2nd leg, I think we lost the 1st Leg at Ninian 1-0. Jacki took the p**s that night. The Baaadiff were not impressed and smashed through the gates at the back of the stand...psychotic!

Crowd Surges, remember them? Unfortunately never to be repeated times :D A real shame.

Just off to get some grub - I 'really' fancy a prawn sandwich with rocket salad and sun dried tomato, drizzled with pesto.

Oh arse they have run out! Clarks Pie and Chips it is then. :)

The Openend is where i did my stewarding days and what great days they were. I could tell a few storys from them days (blimey now i feel old!!!! :) ).

These guys are the reason i wanted the old badge (the robin and suspention bridge) put on the players shirt sleevs to honor the great 8.

I was thinking about all these t-shirts that have been made with some greta names already down but how about doing one to rememeber the eight players who saved our club?
We do have a design for one and we plan to get it printed sometime this year via The Incider.

Archived