IGNORED

Regretting Selling Heffernan ?

andy g

If Lita leaves, as is looking more and more likely, will we regret selling Paul Heffernan ?

If Marcus Stewart were to pick up an injury we would suddenly be very short of proven goal-scorers.

I suppose we could go out and buy a replacement, but wouldnt it have been better to have kept the one we had ?

Guest roejowland

no because we got enough strikers as it is. heff wanted 2 go and we received money for him. we have lita, stewart, brooker, gillespie and cotterill and thats enough in my opinion.

But after spending all this money to buy promotion, will tinnion want to take a risk on another unproven youngster ?

he is going to be under a lot of pressure and would probably have prefered someone he could rely on.

(but yes, id love to see Gillespie make it too)

I really think Gillespie can be just as good as Leroy. He just needs a chance.

I agree with that, but for the time being SG needs to be patient and wait for his chance.

Just hope that he doesnt get fed up and want out.

Guest GASBUSTER

WHEN WE SELL LITA ,SOME OF THE MONEY SHOULD BE SPENT ON CENTRAL MIDFIELDER AS WE NEED ANOTHER DOHERTY STYLE PLAYER ,

WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HEFERNAN city.gif

No way will "regret" selling Heffernan - unless of course he scores a hat-trick against City on the first day of the season!.

Like last season Heffernan was always going to be second choice behind Lita and Brooker and next season it would have been the same,only it will be Brooker/Stewart.

If one of the regular strikers gets injured or suspended then City have plenty of options with Cotterill,Gillespie plus one more signing.

Guest Tactical Genius

The sale of Heffernan is something that will haunt this club in the future, once the short termism of the Stewart love-in has faded, and Lita has gone to better things.

Heffernan is also a far better football player than either Gillespie or Cotterill, better positional sense, better touch, better finisher, harder to knock off the ball, greater awareness of players around him etc etc etc.

Guest Tactical Genius

A lot of people have a beef with THE TACTICAL GENIUS because they seem TG as an arrogant entity.

What they miss is that THE TACTICAL GENIUS is prepared to tell the good people of otib how it will be before it happens.

Just check out this thread from 5 months ago, where TG was the only person to predict that not only would Paul Heffernan shine in Yorkshireland, but that despite all the bluster of his press conferences marcus would bring no passion, no effort and no goals.

as for the view of the arse of reason........

I really think Gillespie can be just as good as Leroy. He just needs a chance.

I think we'd have seen more signs of that happening by now. Lita looked lethal as soon as he came off the bench, whereas Gillespie has only shown glimpses. Judging on Gill's appearances this season, I'd say he doesn't have the unwaivering, irrepressible confidence in his own ability that Leroy possessed. He also is yet to make something happen out of nothing - a talent that seperates outstanding performers and the 'coulda-beens'.

Hope you're right, but I'm dubious he'll be a Championship striker any time soon.

Not only an amazing case of blowing your own trumpet, but you used the word 'beef'...

Poor form indeed.

Not-to-mention the outrageous overuse of third-person talk.

Mozo was not impressed!

WHEN WE SELL LITA ,SOME OF THE MONEY SHOULD BE SPENT ON CENTRAL MIDFIELDER AS WE NEED ANOTHER DOHERTY STYLE PLAYER ,

WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HEFERNAN :city:

ALL HAIL THE GASBUSTER.

How right you were, and where are you now, we need your vision.

TG, looks like you called it right, but freezer might think that a post from July is digging deep.

Fair play though for a good call, by anyone who went for it.

What is third person, and would I care, he said!.

ps And the anwser to the original question is yes.

I hear that the Andy G is also in need of a boost to his fragile ego.

Could someone please "beef him up" as well for bringing this up originally ?

I (I mean he) also feels the need to be recognised as the tactical genius he most clearly isn't.

Guest Ronmeister

I hear that the Andy G is also in need of a boost to his fragile ego.

Could someone please "beef him up" as well for bringing this up originally ?

I (I mean he) also feels the need to be recognised as the tactical genius he most clearly isn't.

We love you Andy :wub:

Ok so we sold Heff and he has made the national newspapers by sticking Villa out of the cup, we have to move on, he isn't our player anymore and we've got to get on with what we have and support the lads that do go out on the pitch and wear the Bristol City shirt week in week out.

Archived