IGNORED

Any Wilson Fans?

Guest roejowland

Guest roejowland

i was just wonderin if anyone likes wilson and wishes he was still here. did u like danny at the time? when did you get sick of him?

just wonderin?

Guest roejowland

ok well I'm actually on about danny wilson, you know the ex city manager who thought burnell was brill, butler was a rock, and lita was worthless and too young. hahahahahha

In Danny Wilson the club had managed to employ a manager just sacked by Sheffield Wednesday FC. Danny Wilson was sacked following a people's uprising that even got the members of Parliament for Sheffield involved !!!!!! blink.gif

We could and should of attracted a higher calibre manager than Wilson. Do the Wilson apologists on this forum not remember that Leroy Lita was not even included on the subs bench against Brighton in the play-off final? Plus all the other tactical blunders and crap signings over 4 seasons too numerous to mention.

Danny Wilson's commitment to BCFC involved commuting from his home in Chesterfield each week over a 4 season period to pick up a big fat pay cheque from our gullible directors. banghead.gif

Guest hairyshamrock
In Danny Wilson the club had managed to employ a manager just sacked by Sheffield Wednesday FC. Danny Wilson was sacked following a people's uprising that even got the members of Parliament for Sheffield involved !!!!!!  blink.gif

One of which was actually blind, and has since been sacked from his role in the cabinet after incurring "special favours" for his girlfriends maid... ah the lucky boy. Not only on the front of "special favours" and all that could be twisted out of that but also about the fact that he actually didn't have to watch SWFC while Wilson was in charge...

Although I was concerned at Wilson being sacked and recon we would have done better last season if he was still here, I think Tinman has made changes that have been good and he certainly has the desire and guts to make decisions. Has assembled a good squad, so I don't miss him now! Anyway there is no point looking in the past, you can't turn back the clock. Both Wilson and Tinman have good and bad points about thier styles

Guest marcclifton

tin man is city through and through. He has also made some good signings who can perform at this level. The other thing is, The club have not paid out much in transfer fees. I would love to know how much danny spent? I am sure one of you has that information. Never saw wilson as much of a risk taker. He was also very grey, a bit of a stress head and a moaner. It was a lack of feelings in most of his interviews, and lets be honest, he couldnt care less about bristol city. Tins where his heart on his sleeve, and will try his best. He will make it. He just needs us to support him. I am willing to do that. Yes. My mind has been changed since the start of last season.

In Danny Wilson the club had managed to employ a manager just sacked by Sheffield Wednesday FC. Danny Wilson was sacked following a people's uprising that even got the members of Parliament for Sheffield involved !!!!!!  blink.gif

We could and should of attracted a higher calibre manager than Wilson. Do the Wilson apologists on this forum not remember that Leroy Lita was not even included on the subs bench against Brighton in the play-off final? Plus all the other tactical blunders and crap signings over 4 seasons too numerous to mention. 

Danny Wilson's commitment to BCFC involved commuting from his home in Chesterfield each week over a 4 season period to pick up a big fat pay cheque from our gullible directors.  banghead.gif

"crap signings over 4 seasons too numerous to mention" Oh like Tony Dinning and Paul Heffernan I suppose and thats just in one season!

I liked Danny Wilson he gave the club stability, we were always looking up. When we first bought in Tinman we could have ended up anywhere that season how we go away with 7th I truely don`t know. Now Tinman has built his own squad it will be interesting to see how they get on. I hope Tinman does the job and makes me feel the same respect to him as I did for Danny Wilson

Danny Wilson's commitment to BCFC involved commuting from his home in Chesterfield each week over a 4 season period to pick up a big fat pay cheque from our gullible directors.  banghead.gif

I did not rate Wilson all that highly but I don't think City could have really got a "high profile" manager. As for the people's uprising...I think most Wednesday fans were very unhappy that 4 MPs got involved and made their feelings very clear that MPs should keep their nose out of football.

Admittedly, he was neither popular nor successful at Wednesday, but he could have put all that behind him when he arrived here. I would not really question his commitment, I thought he genuinely worked hard but lacked the necessary qualities to get the best out of his players and he seemed a poor judge of a player. Easy to say that now of course, with hindsight. I suppose at the time, playing Lita, despite his obvious talent, could be seen as a bit of a risk - a bit like Keegan's approach to playing Michael Owen.

If Danny had got us promotion, though - and he didn't miss by much - I think a lot of us would have completely different opinions.

once liked Wilson. But his last season with us was enough to convince me Wilson had to go. Leroy Lita was at the time a great supersub and i could not believe Wilson left out Leroy Lita at Cardiff. I will always look back at Wilsons reign with us as Pathetic and Tatically Clueless.

Guest Eamer
"crap signings over 4 seasons too numerous to mention" Oh like Tony Dinning and Paul Heffernan I suppose and thats just in one season!

and Bradley Orr.

and Bradley Orr.

Heffernan wasn't a bad signing- he was just unlucky that Leroy did the biz. we got our money back. Brooker was a good sgning and giving Leroy a chance was brilliant. Jamie Smith, Bradley Orr and Tony Dinning haven't proved too great its true. Jury is out on the new lads.

Guest Simonty
But his last season with us was enough to convince me Wilson had to go.

I liked the guy all through to the playoffs!! I was very supportive of his decisions, but his tactics in the playoff final where to say the least - appauling (that's probs spelt wrong blushing.gif )

His last season as a whole wasn't too bad, though it wasn't one of our best at all.

Archived