IGNORED

Anybody Remember Nicky Morgan?

robjames

Morning

Nicky Morgan has just started working with me. Ive been talking with him about the good days with Newman, Taylor,Shelton,Cole, Rosenior,Smith, Bent,etc. Retired some years ago. Never been back to the gate. Never been invited either. Shame was a good player for us.

I do.. i remember how he had a brief comeback in the first team after Cole departed?

Opened the scoring against the gas one very wonderful tuesday night.. we went on to win 2-1 with Alexander being sent off for Handball.. Our current manager scoring from the Pen spot on his home debut?

Happy days in an absolutely packed and noisy east end.. *sigh*

I remember him well and used to see him around Clifton Village where he must have lived.He used a local cafe to have his breakfast most days.

He was a goal poacher but I don't remember him doing much outside the box.Similiar to many City strikers over the years.

Excellent first touch and quality all round play. Very good at holding the ball up and it was another excellent signing by Jordan. He did comeback into the team after Cole left scoring a beast of a goal at Birmingham on the following Saturday.

biggrin.gif he had a good touch , and could hold the ball up well, scored one of the best goals i've ever seen at the gate against argyle, bit overweight though farmer.gif whats he doing now?

Always seemed a quiet sort of player to me, never was going to be a hero to the fans. Mainly because he was overshadowed by other players at the time.

Not a critism, more of an observation that he was never given the credit for the work he did for the team. Happy days indeed.

Guest ScottishRed

I always used to see Morgan and Dziekanowksi in Kickers on a Saturday night drinking champagne surrounded by loads of women.

biggrin.gif  he had a good touch , and could hold the ball up well, scored one of the best goals i've ever seen at the gate against argyle, bit overweight though farmer.gif  whats he doing now?

That goal against Argyle is the best goal I have seen at the gate in my 15 years of following city, it was not as spectacular as others, but was pure qaulity, From memory Argyle came to the gate as a fancied side and the game was played at a high tempo, we were playing towards the east end and broke on the left wing, Nicky Morgan going at full pace with a defender hassling him ran from the half way line and met the fast inswing ball on the volley and hammered into the top corner from a good distance out. The techical ability needed was amazing and Nicky Morgan was one of the few players I have seen at this level who could have done it.

For me Nicky Morgan was one of the best modern day players to wear a city shirt, he had fantastic touch, could score and saved us from going down late on in his career when he came back in to the side, He actually has a place in a book of city greats produced a few years ago which is well worth a read the only other recent players to get in that book from memory was Bob Taylor and Rob Newman.

He was a truely talented player and I would ask you to give him my best wishes in whatever he does now and thank him for the memories he gave this city fan.

Tim.

Without wanting to out you, could you give us an idea of what industry you work in? Just curious as to what he does for a living now! smile.gif

To be honest not my place. I know he has his fingers in a few pies ( not with reference to the overweight post). A great guy who is very happy

Ask Nicky Morgan about all his OWN tape recorded action

from the time he played for Bristol City,only to have over taped

by his wife to record coronation street.

Them nice people at ARLICK television said don't

worry Nicky we will do a edit in our own television time

and put all your goals on a personal issue video tape just for you.

Nows thats what you call a television company

Any chance of a highlights package from last season

pretty please to ARLIK television

Ask Nicky Morgan about all his OWN tape recorded action

from the time he played for Bristol City,only to have over taped

by his wife to record coronation street.

Them nice people at ARLICK television said don't

worry Nicky we will do a edit in our own television time

and put all your goals on a personal issue video tape just for you.

Nows thats what you call a television company

Any chance of a highlights package from last season

pretty please to ARLIK television

Thats good stuff will speak to him in the morning. He was telling me how electric it was to play in the gate when he was. He said the atmosphere was great.

Guest alli69
Morning

Nicky Morgan has just started working with me. Ive been talking with him about the good days with Newman, Taylor,Shelton,Cole, Rosenior,Smith, Bent,etc. Retired some years ago. Never been back to the gate. Never been invited either. Shame was a good player for us.

hi can you help me trying to find Nicky Morgan can you please tell me were he is working. thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon.

many thanks

allison

Archived