IGNORED

Swindon Done

Pete1975Legend

Cant say i'm surprised really, Swindon have lost the backbone of their squad and moral is at an alltime low dance.gif

Better get used to them Oxford bunch, i have a feeling they'll be seeing a lot more of them in times to come. snack.gif

Friendlies mean nothing. We did well in ours, then played badly for the first 5 games.

Aye, we stuffed everyone pre-season then it all went wrong, who was it be beat like 9-0 , was it Clevdon down or somone?

I'm really looking forward to the Sag match and see how we line up, i doubt Tins will try 4-3-3 again, or will he?

I'm not getting on a formation debate here though whistling.gif

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Cant say i'm surprised really, Swindon have lost the backbone of their squad and moral is at an alltime low  dance.gif

Better get used to them Oxford bunch, i have a feeling they'll be seeing a lot more of them in times to come.  snack.gif

Morale is at an all time low? unsure.gif

Hardly! Most people are predicting playoffs for us this year. http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4433&highlight=

Think you're a bit behind the times with the signings of Whalley, Cureton, Thorpe, Smith, Comyn-Platt, Shakes and more to come morale is the highest it's been in a long time.

This was just a behind closed doors kickabout to test out a few triallists and youths.

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...~683167,00.html

Morale is at an all time low? unsure.gif 

Hardly! Most people are predicting playoffs for us this year. http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4433&highlight=

Think you're a bit behind the times with the signings of Whalley, Cureton, Thorpe, Smith, Comyn-Platt, Shakes and more to come morale is the highest it's been in a long time.

This was just a behind closed doors kickabout to test out a few triallists and youths.

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...~683167,00.html

Then again that is your fans who think you will come top 6. I can't see any reason why you will finish any higher than last season. Pretty much the same with us but if we keep Lita and get Coughlan I think we have a good chance of top 2.

Guest Ben Wah Balls

Yeah it is our fans but what it does show is morale is not at all time low, in the past many fans have predicted relegation but not now. Even our most miserable fans are cautiously optimistic and in a poll by the adver 97% of fans think King has made good signings. Things aren't looking as bad as you think on the playing side.

Yeah it is our fans but what it does show is morale is not at all time low, in the past many fans have predicted relegation but not now. Even our most miserable fans are cautiously optimistic and in a poll by the adver 97% of fans think King has made good signings. Things aren't looking as bad as you think on the playing side.

I never thought they were bad. With the signings you have made you have a side maybe equal to last seasons. Mid table for you me finks.

Guest Ben Wah Balls

To be honest I wouldn't be too disappointed with mid table given our finances but don't be surprised if we over achieve again.

Maybe you didn't but a lot of city fans did - I meant a collective you as in Bristol City fans.

To be honest I wouldn't be too disappointed with mid table given our finances but don't be surprised if we over achieve again.

Maybe you didn't but a lot of city fans did - I meant a collective you as in Bristol City fans.

I wouldn't say you could speak for Bristol City fans. Maybe BCFC fans on this board but that surely doesn't make up 20,000 odd does it?

Guest Ben Wah Balls

No that's true but it seems to be commonly shared opinion from who I've spoken too that all our best players have left leaving us with nothing, perhaps other city fans are more realistic. Doesn't really bother me if your fans think we'll go down though, just means you'll be in for a shock.

I think city will probably finish quite high but not sure if you'll get promoted, I thought you'd win it for sure last year but you didn't.

No that's true but it seems to be commonly shared opinion from who I've spoken too that all our best players have left leaving us with nothing, perhaps other city fans are more realistic. Doesn't really bother me if your fans think we'll go down though, just means you'll be in for a shock.

I think city will probably finish quite high but not sure if you'll get promoted, I thought you'd win it for sure last year but you didn't.

I don't think many City fans realised that Tinnion would find it tough going. I think most City fans know that the signings of Cureton and Thorpe should provide enough goals for safety. The thing that hacks me off about Swindon fans- and I generally like Swindon(not rivals for me)- is you perception of Tinnion. Yes he made mistakes but in our last 4 games we got 10 points and began to look good under Tins. Think some of you may be suprised by how quickly he learnt from his mistakes last season.

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Swindle's woes continue.  It was in today's paper they can't have the West Ham player on loan they wanted as they can't afford to pay him!

That was a few days ago, Andy Melville we could have had him on loan with West Ham paying most of his wages but they're now releasing him so there's likely to be other teams offering him a decent wage.

He's on several thousand a week at the moment, our top earners are on about 1k a week so no surprise we can't afford a transfer.

I think most Swindon fans percieve Tinnion as a poor manager as relatively to us he's had a big wage budget and decent money to spend on transfers and you didn't do anything last year, he may improve of course. We don't see his team play every week so we can only judge him on his basic performance, league position etc.

Swindon are not very forgiving with managers. King's had less than £200k to spend in 6 seasons and we've made a lot more than that from players and he's had a small wage budget but he still gets a lot of criticism sometimes when I think we'd be in league two if it wasn't for him.

As for the girl, the horrible shirt really puts me off. vomit-smiley-002.gif

That was a few days ago, Andy Melville we could have had him on loan with West Ham paying most of his wages but they're now releasing him so there's likely to be other teams offering him a decent wage.

He's on several thousand a week at the moment, our top earners are on about 1k a week so no surprise we can't afford a transfer.

I think most Swindon fans percieve Tinnion as a poor manager as relatively to us he's had a big wage budget and decent money to spend on transfers and you didn't do anything last year, he may improve of course. We don't see his team play every week so we can only judge him on his basic performance, league position etc.

Swindon are not very forgiving with managers. King's had less than £200k to spend in 6 seasons and we've made a lot more than that from players and he's had a small wage budget but he still gets a lot of criticism sometimes when I think we'd be in league two if it wasn't for him.

As for the girl, the horrible shirt really puts me off. vomit-smiley-002.gif

Tinnion didn't spend half as much as Wilson spent in his last season. Wilson finished 9th in his first season. Tinnion has had to do what was needed- a clearout. We simply weren't good enough to go up and that is why we lost the playoff final. Of course he will make mistakes, it was his first season. I've just read some of your posts on that forum and you say we have lost quality players- who? Miller has only ever played well in Scotland. Heff is good but not better than Lita/Stewart/Brooker. Docs- only ever plays 25 games a season and manages around 60 mins of those games- not a great miss I don't think, though could have been good if he had the right attitude and discipline. The only players who we have lost since Tinnion has been manager than I was sad to see leave were Matt Hill and Joe Anyinsah (potentially good).

Guest Ben Wah Balls
Tinnion didn't spend half as much as Wilson spent in his last season. Wilson finished 9th in his first season. Tinnion has had to do what was needed- a clearout. We simply weren't good enough to go up and that is why we lost the playoff final. Of course he will make mistakes, it was his first season. I've just read some of your posts on that forum and you say we have lost quality players- who? Miller has only ever played well in Scotland. Heff is good but not better than Lita/Stewart/Brooker. Docs- only ever plays 25 games a season and manages around 60 mins of those games- not a great miss I don't think, though could have been good if he had the right attitude and discipline. The only players who we have lost since Tinnion has been manager than I was sad to see leave were Matt Hill and Joe Anyinsah (potentially good).

This may be true and maybe you did need a change but as I said you can't expect other teams to know exactly how much each and every manager has spent and their strengths and weaknesses so I wouldn't worry.

What post are you reading? That must be from a while ago, I know Docherty has been a quality player in the past whether or not he's gone downhill or has a attitude problem and your fans seemed annoyed about Anyinsah, again I don't know in detail which players you rate and which you don't though just as you probably don't know much about most of our players.

This may be true and maybe you did need a change but as I said you can't expect other teams to know exactly how much each and every manager has spent and their strengths and weaknesses so I wouldn't worry.

What post are you reading? That must be from a while ago, I know Docherty has been a quality player in the past whether or not he's gone downhill or has a attitude problem and your fans seemed annoyed about Anyinsah, again I don't know in detail which players you rate and which you don't though just as you probably don't know much about most of our players.

One was on July 1st- I think! Saying we had lost quality and not replaced it! I do know quite a bit about your players I think- especially that lazy Mr Roberts! Docs was a quality player up until last season where he didn't like Tinnion taking over. Was best he moved on- I reckon Mr Holloway can sort out his attitude but will do well to get him to play the full 90 mins of a game!

Archived