IGNORED

Swanseas Fantastic New Ground

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Twenty Seven Million English Pounds.

That was the cost of there adventure. In return they intended to build a new, modern and sophisticated ground with a capacity in excess of 20,000.

They have in-fact now built a ground with 12,000 seats and a arena with little character or charm.

Furthermore, It now mean each seat within their stadium cost them, theoretically, Two Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Pounds.

My Red Heart Bleeds.

As for all new grounds, the capacity will be close to half for the first couple of games - it will be the same for the new City stand or Wembley.

Get the facts right - it's a great new stadium which is miles better than Ashton gate and they will be close to filling it for most home games.

We are being left behind in terms of the ground and facilities - the sooner we can get shot of Ashton Gate and it's limitations the better.

As a postscript, Swansea have sold over 7,000 season tickets on the back of promotion and the new ground so far. Not bad at all and shows what a little success and and a spanking new stadium can do. Hopefully, we can match that number of season tickets  on the back of last season and a one tier stand.

Just putting things into perspective you understand.

Your right, AG is old and out dated. Even Swansea are leaving us behind. Why oh why are we settling for a CR4P stand ?!? banghead.gif

it's a great new stadium which is miles better than Ashton gate

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You are joking aren't you??? blink.gif A soulless sterile new ground with a pathetic capacity. No history and no memories attached to it whatsoever. Oh yeah. That's much much better than a team staying at their traditional home. doh.gif

Guest Simonty

I wouldn't say it is better than Ashton Gate, but it seems a decent stadium which could provide a good atmosphere, I'm not usually one to support things that Swansea do, but this seems like a decent move. It's a good sized stadium for a team who are going to be back in League 2 soon!!

Guest east_dundry_red

Sorry but ive been in that ground and it is rubbish. It's just a smaller version of all the new identikit grounds poping up. No real design to it at all.

Swansea will fill it - When the ospreys have a big home game.

the football club don't have a chance and this ground is definitly being built on the back of RUGBY!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think people are getting over excited about Swanseas new ground

" it's a great new stadium which is miles better than Ashton gate and they will be close to filling it for most home games.

"

It's a concrete and plastic bowl - which they wont fill

We have a ground with history, character with planning permission to go up to 30,000

I know what I'd rather have.

I had a look at the new ground in Swansea last September when it was still under construction and it looked impressive then; a bit like Pride Park, Derby. A shiny new object in bleak surroundings. Arsenal's Ashburton Grove stadium and the new Wembley both LOOK impressive. Once fans start using these new stadia on a regualr basis we will then know whether it is a "sports venue" or a football ground.

Archived