IGNORED

Transfers

Nogbad the Bad

1)Leroy will go to Reading.

2)Coughlan will go to Wednesday.

3)Coles will go to Hull/Preston/elsewhere.

Signings? Running out of ideas, but the Board should give Tinman about 400k. to play with which is enough for 2/3 decent players.

Hope there will still be a few available, season's getting close now. whistling.gif

Guest Simonty
i think Leroy will go this summer but i am convinced Coughlan will sign for us anytime in the next week and Danny Coles will still be with us for when we play Doncaster on the first game of the season at least

I agree, though I still feel like there is a decent chance of Lita still being here too. I don't want to start another arguement, but that has been my thinking through all the speculation, but i'm probs wrong.

Coughlan has been living in the Plymouth area for last few years,his wife has just had a baby, and he won't want to be up rooting his family and treking north to Sheffield.

It makes sense that he would want to stay in the West Country and its just about possible to commute from Plymouth to Bristol.

If Coughlan doesn't sign then the cupboard's pretty bare wih Nelson having signed a new deal with H'pool and Evatt long gone.

i think Leroy will go this summer  but i am convinced Coughlan will sign for us anytime in the next week and Danny Coles will still be with us for when we play Doncaster on the first game of the season at least

the more days that we hear nothing about a reading, burnley, aston villa, or whoever, bidding for LL, the more likely it is that he will be staying with us at least until christmas. Knowing my luck though, reading will sign him today making my post look ridiculous.

i still reckon that GC will sign for us, due to his new kid, travelling distance to sheffield, and the amount of defenders that sheff wed have signed.

I expect DC to sign a new contract now that he has proved he has changed his attitude. I know this isnt much to go by but on the last home game of the season i spoke to him and he was really happy about how BT had given him a kick up the backside and apprently that was what he wanted/needed. He was also really enjoying his football now he had been given more responsibility after TB left. I know a lot can change since then but hey its a bit of good news city.gif

i agree with Robored think Coughlan will sign for us early next week. Can't see him wanting to relocate 200 miles up north to play asa squad player when we would give him regular first team football.

As for Lita I still hope that he will stay although I would stab a guess that by the end of next week he will either sign a new contract or go to Reading. Let's hope its the first.

Guest Jon Shaws Chrome Dome

Realistically any of the following could happen:

Lita could stay/go

Coughlan could sign for us/Wednesday/stay @ Plymouth

Coles could stay/go.

Think we would be unlucky for all 3 to go against us - & even if they did if would generate quite a war chest.

Of the above my main hope is that we capture Coughlan - a good organiser & a proven winner at the back would be an immense acqusition.

Signings? Running out of ideas, but the Board should give Tinman about 400k. to play with which is enough for 2/3 decent players.

Hope there will still be a few available, season's getting close now. whistling.gif

Gut feeling right on Coughlan doh.gif : , we'll see how the other 2 go.

Another player chooses not to join Tinnion. May be they know something which some of us have thought for over a season , ie Storrock is a better manager and he should have been at the Gate for the past year....

I'm sure Southampton supporters will also be in agreement with you,had he been at A.G. for the past year then their faces on the last day of the season may have been holding somewhat different expressions.

Time will tell on Tinnion's capabilities,but based on your admiration for Sturrock(note,not Storrock) and claims that he is"a better manager", one must feel pleased that Tinnion as a novice manager guided 'our" club within a whisker of Shef.Wed.

Well lets hope that as you have got the sequence wrong then cocko is the only one that comes true!!

If the others happen, along with there being no news on the new stand, there will be a massive outcry against the manager and chairman and we all saw last season how the chairman reacts to critcism, wether justified or otherwise!!

With the massive income over the summer he may think that it would be a good time to bail out if the insults start flying again!!!

A week or so ago, most CITY fans i know were relatively upbeat about the new season, but a few are starting to get a bit worried now!!

As we all know, getting promotion is hard enough, without an unsettled pre season. What we need is to see some strong leadership from the top of the club, and some of the rumours flying around put firmly to bed!!!

Another player chooses not to join Tinnion. May be they know something which some of us have thought for over a season , ie Storrock is a better manager and he should have been at the Gate for the past year....

I would imagine that 99% of players with any kind of ambition, given the chance, would choose Sheffield Wednesday playing in the second division and getting 35,000 crowds most weeks over Bristol City playing in a three sided ground with 15,000 capacity in the third division. It's got nothing to do with Tinnion - they are a far bigger club than we are, he is probably on better wages than we can pay and he will be playing for a manager he knows very well - end of story.

Guest Jon Shaws Chrome Dome

Come on Greebo you've missed the point ....... why other than not liking Tinnion would Coughlan have chosen Wednesday ........... ok other than more money, higher division, better ground, higher crowds, reuniting with someone he has successfully worked with before.

We mustn't let facts get in the way of some wanton Tinnion bashing.

To quote the old Limerick....

My rumblings abdominal......

Were simply phenomenal.

vomit-smiley-002.gif Ah...that's better. biggrin.gif

Coughlan has been living in the Plymouth area for last few years,his wife has just had a baby, and he won't want to be up rooting his family and treking north to Sheffield.

It makes sense that he would want to stay in the West Country and its just about possible to commute from Plymouth to Bristol.

If Coughlan doesn't sign then the cupboard's pretty bare wih Nelson having signed a new deal with  H'pool and Evatt long gone.

Shows just how much we should all listen to you and your waffle Robored.... razz.gif

Shows just how much we should all listen to you and your waffle Robored.... razz.gif

Bit harsh.

Heywood was a long time signed when the Coughlin deal was on the boil, and none of us saw Keogh and Partridge in the cupboard, not even ME. ohmy.gif

Probably none of us had even heard of them, and 2 of the few signings in the last few years which weren't advocated by members of this forum beforehand and, incredibly, seemingly acted upon. whistling.gif

Archived