Hardly worth starting a season saying "right lads, 15th for us this year"

Yeovil will either do rather well, or sink without trace - Only time will tell

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ah we get used to it though TB

We're going to go up

We're going to build you a nice new stand

We cant buy new players/we're going to sign so and so

Ect ect

At least you've had something to celebraight recently!

Willsbridge makes a good point- they aren't going to aim for 15th are they?

I'm not too sure what to expect from them to be honest. It is hard for them to keep progressing but other teams have gone from what is now league 1 to the Championship very quickly in recent years- Brighton, Rotherham, Luton, Plymouth etc.

I would expect anything between 8th and 17th for them but don't really know.

As for this whole "let's knock them down a peg or two"- do you really want to sound as jealous and bitter as the gasheads are towards Yeovil? I'd prefer us to concentrate on our own season and I would love Yeovil to finish one place lower than us (and not take any points from us, obviously). If we won 3 promotions in a few years I think we'd be just as excited, just as ambitious and have just as much media attention. Fair play to them.

Willsbridge makes a good point- they aren't going to aim for 15th are they?

I'm not too sure what to expect from them to be honest. It is hard for them to keep progressing but other teams have gone from what is now league 1 to the Championship very quickly in recent years- Brighton, Rotherham, Luton, Plymouth etc.

I would expect anything between 8th and 17th for them but don't really know.

As for this whole "let's knock them down a peg or two"- do you really want to sound as jealous and bitter as the gasheads are towards Yeovil? I'd prefer us to concentrate on our own season and I would love Yeovil to finish one place lower than us (and not take any points from us, obviously). If we won 3 promotions in a few years I think we'd be just as excited, just as ambitious and have just as much media attention. Fair play to them.

I agree with that. Here in mid-Somerset the rise of Yeovil has been greeted with much joy, especially as they are Somerset's first ever football league team. They have attracted a big following in these parts, and good luck to them. As far as I know there has never been any great rivalry between the Reds & the Greens, so I don't believe we should initiate on now. As long as they trail behind us I, for one, wish them well.

Just walked into a newsagent to see a headline on some local sports paper of 'City- we are aiming for a top two finish' - AGAIN  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

toshay Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I personally can't wait for their first 4-0 away day hammering to knock them down a peg or two.

BCAGFC

P.s. If we (BCFC) don't sign another dominating CD we may get a couple ourselves.

What another dominating cross dresser doh.gif who have we got in our ranks already then me thinks phillips what with wearing those nice tights to the beach

Guest DrFaustus
Bristol was a county in it's own right.

Then call the City and County of Bristol.

Correct. The charter was granted in 1373./ Bristol part of Somerset? Good Jesus, what a terrifying prospect.

Parts of Brislington used to be in Somerset, but thankfully not where I live. biggrin.gif

Well, at least they're aiming high. I doubt they've got what it takes, but I believe they will do a lot better than some think.

Can't see them winning promotion, or even making the play-offs, but in this crazy league anything's possible.

Archived