IGNORED

Liverpool Or Tns?

the_real_city

This coming Wednesday, the first real competitive football match (if you wanna call it that) will get underway on ITV2.

Who will you support.

Will you support the minnow TNS over the red giants liverpool?

Will you support the English team (despite then being nearly all spanish)?

Will you support the team with the most British players in it, TNS?

Obviously I want TNS to win as for me they are both the minnows, and representives of a league which is in the shadows of the premiership.

I do not think TNS have a chance in hell but every missed chance by Liverpool and every goal saving tackle or save from TNS will be cheered. It has much of an FA Cup sorta feel to the game so it should be interesting.

Can you really call this a game?

I will be happy if there is some competitiveness to the game. it would be good for TNS to sneak an early goal against the run of play and hold out for a bit to frustrate their more glamourous opponents. Can't see it happening though.

Guest Tactical Genius
Liverpool as any Champions deserve to start in the REAL competition and not the preliminary rounds designed to get rid of the tat!  ph34r.gif

But they failed their qualification by not being able to finish in the top 4 of a pissweak league.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

TNS

Yes TNS may be Welsh, but Scousers are a step below on the evolutionary ladder and should be despised by all.

I hate Liverpool, I would love them to get knocked out and Radio 5 full of calles from irate fools from Sussex moaning how "their" teams should have been in the final as champions blah blah blah

But they failed their qualification by not being able to finish in the top 4 of a pissweak league.

The same pissweak league that produced 2 semi-finalists out of the whole of Europe?

The same league that boasts some of the best players in the world in their positions e.g. Cech, Cole A, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Henry?

The same league that your favorite team wouldn't win a game in?

God, I bet you get bored at the Gate don't you? If the Premiership is pissweak then League I must be shambolic to your high standards.

I feel your pain! blink.gif

Guest Tactical Genius

Neo, once you get past the top 3 clubs the standard is not very good.

That Everton and Bolton can finish in the top 6 is testament to that. Everton had a minus goal difference and have qualified for the champions league, where no doubt they will be embarrassed by some club from an Eastern European outpost that nobody has ever heard of. WBA managed to stay up despite the fact that they averaged less than a point a game and scored just 36 goals all season.

Maybe you'd like to wax lyrical about the scintillating football that you have witnessed from the likes of Portsmouth, Villa, Charlton, Manchester City, Birmingham, Blackburn and Fulham but you wouldn't find many serious observers who would agree that they play a high standard of football.

On points of order. Gerrard is not even the best player in his position at Liverpool (Hamann is better, as is Alonso), never mind the world. And yes League 1 is totally shambolic.

Guest BeNeRz
On points of order. Gerrard is not even the best player in his position at Liverpool (Hamann is better, as is Alonso), never mind the world. And yes League 1 is totally shambolic.

Thats a strong remark to make, hamann is not better than gerrard IMO a blind duck could tell you that!

As for alonso, hes is a great player but a completly different type of player than stevie, so u cant really compare them together.

Liverpool as any Champions deserve to start in the REAL competition and not the preliminary rounds designed to get rid of the tat!  ph34r.gif

Pedant hat on, rising to possible bait: If its good enough for the World Cup and the Europeans that the holders don't get back in automatically, should be good enough for the Champions League. Liverpool had ample opportunities during the season to qualify in 4th spot, but ultimately they just weren't good enough on league form. Hat off.

That said, I don't really care either way re the result. It makes no difference to me who wins it.

TNS

Yes TNS may be Welsh, but Scousers are a step below on the evolutionary ladder and should be despised by all.

I hate Liverpool, I would love them to get knocked out and Radio 5 full of calles from irate fools from Sussex moaning how "their" teams should have been in the final as champions blah blah blah

Bang on. They're lucky to be there at all.

Archived