IGNORED

Wool Over Supporters Eyes

havanatopia

Why am I not surprised by this news? Sad as it is, especially if he goes, the board and perhaps management have, I would suggest, connived to say to us all that lita was going nowhere long enough to get a decent bedrock of season ticket sales done.

In my view this is bordering on client mis-representation or akin to breaking of the trade descriptions act. Its like you have purchased a car and before you take delivery they reduce the bhp by 30%.

Quite frankly its diabolical. Either Mr. Landsdowne wants to sell up at BCFC for the highest price or they have done their math wrong on the new stand. So its all on the shoulders of Brooker and Stewart.

Good business for the balance sheet i am sure although a fair bit of cash has and will be coming in from several sales this close season. Only time will tell if we will be challenging come christmas but that misses the point and the point is betrayal of the fan base and that is disgusting.

Why am I not surprised by this news? Sad as it is, especially if he goes, the board and perhaps management have, I would suggest, connived to say to us all that lita was going nowhere long enough to get a decent bedrock of season ticket sales done.

In my view this is bordering on client mis-representation or akin to breaking of the trade descriptions act. Its like you have purchased a car and before you take delivery they reduce the bhp by 30%.

Quite frankly its diabolical. Either Mr. Landsdowne wants to sell up at BCFC for the highest price or they have done their math wrong on the new stand. So its all on the shoulders of Brooker and Stewart.

Good business for the balance sheet i am sure although a fair bit of cash has and will be coming in from several sales this close season. Only time will tell if we will be challenging come christmas but that misses the point and the point is betrayal of the fan base and that is disgusting.

Get real in this division you have to sell your best players to survive unfortunately. Championship football or league one? Hmmmm. Leroy wants to play for England and has a much better chance if hes playing at a higher level. Plus the club want to cash in now while they can.

Get real in this division you have to sell your best players to survive unfortunately. Championship football or league one? Hmmmm. Leroy wants to play for England and has a much better chance if hes playing at a higher level. Plus the club want to cash in now while they can.

Some sanity amongst the madness. I've always liked you! biggrin.gif

I agree. Business has to win. A year from now he will leave on his own accord and with no money going to the club. The club has done well to retain Stewart and some of the others. Like a good mager Tins and SL has planned for this with the striker force we have and the one other that they are searching for.

Everybody is for sale. I know its hard but lets get on with life. Stewart, Cotterill and Brooker are still a formidable force in this Division. chant6ez.gif

So sue them! We get more money for him now than we would do when his contract expires. Makes Tinnions selection easier next season.

Finally some common sense.

Absolutley right, i think Leroy leaving is going to give Cotteril the chance to shine, Leroy has only had 1 good season and i would much prefer 750k now than the 100k we would get next year through a tribunal.

Everyone has a price and at this time the prices are low in this division.

Oy we don't have favouries on here I'm the queen ok! razz.gif

Sadly ..... if I'm still the one....... that makes Neo a queen too devil.gif

Oh he is awful........ but I like him biggrin.gif (Dick Emery 'Randy Mandy ' Stylie)

For those that never knew the comedy genius then check out

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/emery/

Edited by Dorset_Cider

Pessismist

Pessismist

It has absolutely nothing to do with PESSIMISM. You miss the point entirely and in fact the few people who have actually replied to my post have also missed the point.

I am not arguing it is not good business although i am sure he would be worth more in about 12-18 months time; just watch reading sell him on to the premiership for 4-5 million -

what my point is precisely about is loyalty. not loyalty of the player but loyalty of the club owners and managers and decision makers toward you and me and all of us as true fans. We were told he was staying, he said he wanted to stay. so we all bought season tickets and new first and second team shirts and then, when the coffers have filled up nicely thank you very much they decide he should go - that is disloyal. I don't know about all of you but that still means an awful lot to me.

Well, maybe you are being slightly naive in thinking that just because the club and the player said he is staying, it meant actually that.

I happen to believe that the club and player would be more than happy for Lita to stay, but money talks in all walks of life mate.

Cotterill will now have a better chance to stake his claim - and who's to say he won't be better than Lita ? Life goes on. Move on.

i take your point of course and this happens all the time and i had a feeling it was going to happen as many of us probably did as there was no signature BUT its a damn poor show to push for season ticket sales over the past week - many people on low incomes who can barely afford it no doubt and they buy a season ticket in not too small a part because they want to see Lita banging them in again.

Cotterill i am sure is a great talent but if you use that analogy is puts us back to the beginning of last season when we were relishing Lita getting a crack of the whip. so here we go again then. that smacks of 'we are div 1 here to stay' because unless you invest you go nowhere.

its great business of course don't get me wrong sell on the academy and bring on the new ones but this all takes time and can you tell me that we all relish failure yet again which believe you me is now a distinct possibility or at least the odds have definately lengthened.

No mate, I've seen the goals - and my granny could have cracked half of them. It's a team game and a lot of his goals were laid on for him.  Take a gander at Brookers last couple of games when Lita was out, cracking goals worthy of any division. He won't be missed too much with Brooker, Stewart and Cotterill around.

we'll have Goater on a part cash part swap then!! love to have the Goat back on the bench!! - Southend manager Steve Tilson has revealed Reading striker Shaun Goater turned down the chance to join them.

Congratulations for winning the most ridiculous post of the day award!

The club have not mis-sold you anything. You are a football fan. You know the rules of football and transfers. You knew when/if you brought a season ticket that the club would be buying and selling players during the window allowed for it. You knew that window extended beyond the day you bought your ticket.

The club have always made it clear that although they wanted to keep LL, if the price was right they would accept it. SteveL has said that in the past.

So you think the club should give you your money back? I'd be amazed if, as a true City fan, you really felt you'd like a refund. Or do you think the club should have reduced the price on the basis that we've lost a player. If so, would you have been happy to see the price raised when we signed MS?

Bottom line is simply that you bought a season ticket to watch Bristol City next season. The club will provide you with that opportunity. You've not been missold anything. Stop whinging and start looking forward to what is going to be a great season.

Guest Tactical Genius
No mate, I've seen the goals - and my granny could have cracked half of them. It's a team game and a lot of his goals were laid on for him.  Take a gander at Brookers last couple of games when Lita was out, cracking goals worthy of any division. He won't be missed too much with Brooker, Stewart and Cotterill around.

You make it sound like 20+ league goals a season is a simple feat. The fact is that before Lita the last person to do it was Goater.

The likely departure of Lita makes the sale of Heffernan even more stupid than some of us observed it was at the time.

The Lansdown era will in time be remembered as the era where financial prudence mattered more than on-field success.

edit: to clarify 20+ league goals.

Edited by Tactical Genius

Anyone who believed that Leroy would stay once we signed Marcus Stewart doesn't understand football. The only question was where he would go and for how much and now we know the answer.

If you read the statment about the stand it makes a bit more sense - "we don''t quite have the finance in place" means we shortly will have when we sell Leroy.

Bristol City is a business and Leroy is an asset. He will have agents telling him how to maximise his value, and sadly in that equation loyalty to the club will come lower than we would like. The club has to protect it's asset the best way possible. and I am sure they feel we will get more now than waiting for his value to run down with his contract.

He's ambitious, and is looking to further his career and earnings, and in both cases feel's his ambitions will be best served elsewhere, whatever we might feel at the moment. Sell him, get the money, organise the players we do have and make sure we got out of this division without delay. that's the one way we can keep our best players and attract better ones.

Swindon's close season business is looking ever more impressive - adding Jamie Cureton and Tony Thorpe to Christian Roberts and Rory Fallon (ok - maybe not quite as impressive) is going to give our rivals from along the M4 one of the best strike forces in League 1 ...

Anyone who believed that Leroy would stay once we signed Marcus Stewart doesn't understand football. The only question was where he would go and for how much and now we know the answer.

If you read the statment about the stand it makes a bit more sense - "we don''t quite have the finance in place" means we shortly will have when we sell Leroy.

Bristol City is a business and Leroy is an asset. He will have agents telling him how to maximise his value, and sadly in that equation loyalty to the club will come lower than we would like. The club has to protect it's asset the best way possible. and I am sure they feel we will get more now than waiting for his value to run down with his contract.

He's ambitious, and is looking to further his career and earnings, and in both cases feel's his ambitions will be best served elsewhere, whatever we might feel at the moment. Sell him, get the money, organise the players we do have and make sure we got out of this division without delay. that's the one  way we can  keep our best players and attract better ones.

Keep our best players you say, get out of this div asap you say. could not agree more. we've just sold our top scorer and they do not come easily which by definition therefore it might be a trifle more difficult to get out of this division. all we have is a bunch of new lads untested. continuity counts for more than most people give it credit for.

city is a business quite right again but this move will help pay for the stand which might remain half empty if we do not go up - i hope the gamble pays off but with tins in charge it is still a big gamble despite the fact i think he might get us there.

Congratulations for winning the most ridiculous post of the day award!

The club have not mis-sold you anything. You are a football fan. You know the rules of football and transfers. You knew when/if you brought a season ticket that the club would be buying and selling players during the window allowed for it. You knew that window extended beyond the day you bought your ticket.

The club have always made it clear that although they wanted to keep LL, if the price was right they would accept it. SteveL has said that in the past.

So you think the club should give you your money back? I'd be amazed if, as a true City fan, you really felt you'd like a refund. Or do you think the club should have reduced the price on the basis that we've lost a player. If so, would you have been happy to see the price raised when we signed MS?

Bottom line is simply that you bought a season ticket to watch Bristol City next season. The club will provide you with that opportunity. You've not been missold anything. Stop whinging and start looking forward to what is going to be a great season.

Where is my prize then?

Or rather I should by you one for knowing how to positively influence people with your empathy. NOT.

who said anything about buying a season ticket or wanting a refund.

li'l sharpy says, I TOTALLY DISSAGREE WITH YOU because we have a really strong side this season and we WILL get promotion city.gifcity.gifcity.gif so if Leroy decided to stay with us he would get championship footy anyway cool.gif my case is solved

you know what makes me laught the bit where landsdown said a price we couldnt afford to turn down!!

I tell you something we cant afford and thats to stay in this league ,its proven to splash the cash and get promoted ie fulham!

Who will ever have the balls to hold there nerve and invest ,and to keep our investments!