IGNORED

Leroy Leaving

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Why is everyone getting annoyed that Leroy is leaving. We have to cash in now, unless he could leave for a lot less, or even nothing in a few months time.

Also why are we suddenly not going to get promotion, just because one player has left. There was a big debate over which one of Brooker/Lita/Stewart would be played, and now it is easier to decide, and the two remaining strikers we have are argubly the best in the division. Also it has been said that Brooker plays better WITHOUT Lita, as has been shown by the last game of the season (against Sheffield Wednesday).

Why is everyone getting annoyed that Leroy is leaving.  We have to cash in now, unless he could leave for a lot less, or even nothing in a few months time.

Also why are we suddenly not going to get promotion, just because one player has left.  There was a big debate over which one of Brooker/Lita/Stewart would be played, and now it is easier to decide, and the two remaining strikers we have are argubly the best in the division.  Also it has been said that Brooker plays better WITHOUT Lita, as has been shown by the last game of the season (against Sheffield Wednesday).

You realy wanna know why!!!!!! I am getting SOOOOOO (I said a naughty word) OFF hearing this club wants to go place's. Wants to do this wants to do that.

WHAT A LOAD OF B****X!!!!!!

I am on the verg of saying stuff the ###### whole club.

IF!!!! THIS CLUB WANTS TO DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY WANT TO DO WHY SELL THEIR BEST BLOODY PLAYERS.

Why is everyone getting annoyed that Leroy is leaving.  We have to cash in now, unless he could leave for a lot less, or even nothing in a few months time.

Also why are we suddenly not going to get promotion, just because one player has left.  There was a big debate over which one of Brooker/Lita/Stewart would be played, and now it is easier to decide, and the two remaining strikers we have are argubly the best in the division.  Also it has been said that Brooker plays better WITHOUT Lita, as has been shown by the last game of the season (against Sheffield Wednesday).

I don't think you've written the most popular post tonight but I have to say that I agree with a lot of it. If Lita failed to knock in anything like 29 goals next season we would have struggled to get £250K for him (he would have had two players marking him next season every week, Home and Away) - remember Danny Coles anyone? Cardiff and £500K. Clayton Fortune? Preston and £400K. We simply had to sell Lita while his value was at a decent level.

You realy wanna know why!!!!!! I am getting SOOOOOO (I said a naughty word) OFF hearing this club wants to go place's. Wants to do this wants to do that.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX!!!!!!

IF!!!! THIS CLUB WANTS TO DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY WANT TO DO WHY SELL THEIR BEST BLOODY PLAYERS.

cos football is a business and we have to sell players this league 1 not the prem.

Guest BeNeRz

2 f-c-u-k-i-n rite! y?

Wheres the ambition to keep our players and make it easier to get out the division instead of make it harder for our selfs!

WAKE UP BCFC!!

Because we have no choice. If someone offered you £1 million for your house/car/iPod, and you knew if delayed for a year you would only get £100,000 at much would you delay?

Agree with everything you say, no club at this level would want to leave anyu one of Leroy, Stewart, or Brooker out of their side and with backup of Cotteril and Gillespie i still think we have one of the best strike forces in the league, if this sale frees up any money for stengthining the weak areas of the team at all it could be a blessing and not a curse.

I agree it may be common sense to sell LL but there is NO WAY we have got a good deal out of it as Reading have LITLE or NO money and until they sell someone they are not going to have the £500k plus upfront fee we SHOULD have been looking for.

BCAGFC

P.s. My guess is £250k upfront rising to £1m depending on apps/gls etc.

We do not know what has been said behind the scenes. If Lita has said that he wants out then what can you do about it? Keep yet another disenchanted player and have Tommy Doherty scene 2 on your hands.

We are a third division club and are in a catch 22 situation. Until we get promoted we will not be able to keep our best young players yet we need these players to help us get promoted. Good players do not hang around for long in the third division - that is a fact and there ain't a fat lot we can do about it.

Guest ReadingFC
I agree it may be common sense to sell LL but there is NO WAY we have got a good deal out of it as Reading have LITLE or NO money and until they sell someone they are not going to have the £500k plus upfront fee we SHOULD have been looking for.

BCAGFC

dunno.gif

Idiot

BCAGFC

No, we might as well gamble on promotion and Lita staying once that is secured.

Guest johnson red

THE THING NOW IS THERE IS NO PACE UPFRONT !!! STEVE B AND MARCUS S AREN'T FAST AT ALL WE HAVE NO (I tried to say a naughty word)IN PACE LEROY LITA U TRATOR banghead.gifranting.gif

BCAGFC

i thought reading had a fair bit of money due to their chairman being fairly rich blink.gif

In purely financial terms that makes sense but if losing lita costs us promotion and we don't go up (again) then we will lose far more than that long term. He couldn't have left for nothing anyway as he's under 24.

you do make me more happy now ,many a true word spoken

we are selling the crown jewels, another player out the door, how many is that

since beginnig of last season? the wage bill, its been slashed but hey life goes on,

we will get there oneday.

Guest redjet

Before I start I am a Swindon fan and before you say F26ck off I am not here to gloat. In fact I have an awful lot of sympathy as a football fan. I hate to see the top talent just being sucked out of our division mad.gif and of course the situation is very similar to the Parkin thing here which was awful for us Town fans crying.gif , admitily he was on top form for three years so I guess he owes us nothing but all this undisclosed figure stuff just makes you think we either got ripped of the the buying club or the board are fattening their pockets somewhere. Anyway I take 1 consolation from losing Parkin and that is that he deserves it and you cannot deny someone success if they've worked for it,so maybe you will have to do the same thing, just say thanks for the good stuff when you were here, and, there are a lot of good strikers out there that with the right manager can be very good. wink.gif

OK, I'm so annoyed by the whole Leroy thing that i've finally gotten around to signing up for this forum. Here goes first post....

Granted, we're not the richest of clubs and in the current footballing financial climate we need all the cash we can get, BUT- nobody can deny that our chances of promotion are greatly enhanced with Leroy onboard. Surely, promotion is worth far far more to us than whatever we've gotten for him now. OK, we could go up and he could still choose to leave having not signed a new contract - we'd get something for him (he's under 24). It wouldn't be as much but given that we'd have achieved promotion, who cares?

Alright, we still have Stewart/Brooker. Great players, but both lacking the real pace and drive that Leroy gave us upfront. We seriously need that when teams come to the gate and stick 11 behind the ball. Gillespie has potential but is clearly along way from the finished article (he was solid, but unspectacular at Cheltenham last season). Cotteril is an unknown quantity as a striker- no first team experience in that position. How will we buy anyone else now that everyone thinks we've got masses of cash in the bank? Why did we sell Heff?!

Unless privately Leroy has demanded a move (and there's no evidence of that), I can't look at this as anything other than a lack of ambition from Lansdown and co. Keeping Leroy was not a huge gamble. Expecting promotion without him, is.

THE THING NOW IS THERE IS NO PACE UPFRONT !!! STEVE B AND MARCUS S AREN'T FAST AT ALL WE HAVE NO (I tried to say a naughty word)IN PACE LEROY LITA U TRATOR banghead.gif  ranting.gif

It is Steve that accepted the bid, not Leroy dunno.gif I would love for him to stay, but if he does go, absolute best of luck to him and thanks for the memories; he deserves a higher standard of football, that, despite the optimism of some, he has no guaruntee of getting at City.

Guest Dorset Red

Those of you who "poo-pooed" my original posts about Lita leaving Bristol City can feel free to apologise to me now! I told you so!!!!!!!!! rofl2br.gif

OK, I'm so annoyed by the whole Leroy thing that i've finally gotten around to signing up for this forum. Here goes first post....

Granted, we're not the richest of clubs and in the current footballing financial climate we need all the cash we can get, BUT- nobody can deny that our chances of promotion are greatly enhanced with Leroy onboard. Surely, promotion is worth far far more to us than whatever we've gotten for him now. OK, we could go up and he could still choose to leave having not signed a new contract - we'd get something for him (he's under 24). It wouldn't be as much but given that we'd have achieved promotion, who cares?

Alright, we still have Stewart/Brooker. Great players, but both lacking the real pace and drive that Leroy gave us upfront. We seriously need that when teams come to the gate and stick 11 behind the ball. Gillespie has potential but is clearly along way from the finished article (he was solid, but unspectacular at Cheltenham last season). Cotteril is an unknown quantity as a striker- no first team experience in that position. How will we buy anyone else now that everyone thinks we've got masses of cash in the bank? Why did we sell Heff?!

Unless privately Leroy has demanded a move (and there's no evidence of that), I can't look at this as anything other than a lack of ambition from Lansdown and co. Keeping Leroy was not a huge gamble. Expecting promotion without him, is.

Archived