IGNORED

Leroys Gone

Glastonbury Red

Guest Royal Ian

That hasn't been said anywhere and hasn't been confirmed anywhere. Good old tabloid's have taken what Lita said yesterday and twisted it a little. doh.gif

Only when it's all signed and sealed on the Official sites and there is Lita in a pres conference, then I will be smile.gif

Guest Royal Ian

No business about it. Goater is on £8000 A WEEK!!! They desperately want rid of him but Goater won't go anywhere and is quite happy to sit around for another year, collect the money and then retire at the end of the season.

I'm at work so I can't see the TV but if that is all expected then smile.gif

Guest Champagne Football

I really have no idea why Leroy would want to go to Reading. It is not like they have a serious chance of getting promotion, battling against the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Derby, Ipswich and Wolves. Leroy will be tied down to a 3 year contract, which means he will not be going to a Premiership club within the next 3 years because Reading won't sell him, after all he is the biggest signing they have ever made.

Lita wants to play in the Prem, if he wants to do that he will simply wait for a Prem club, or stay a season and leave on a free with any interested club.

If Leroy wants to listen to his agent, he will join Reading, so lets see what real ambition he has or whether that is a smokescreen for an immediate pay rise.

In my opinion he has a much greater chance of playing in the Premiership if he stays at City and gets an offer from a club that really can make it up to the Premiership. Rather than going to a club that is just sucking up to this player with all this ambition rubbish. Every club does it and you hear the player saying afterwards they want to get promotion and it is all crap. If Leroy goes I generally think he would have made the wrong move if it truely is ambition that motivates him.

Guest Royal Ian
I really have no idea why Leroy would want to go to Reading. It is not like they have a serious chance of getting promotion, battling against the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Derby, Ipswich and Wolves. Leroy will be tied down to a 3 year contract, which means he will not be going to a Premiership club within the next 3 years because Reading won't sell him, after all he is the biggest signing they have ever made.

Lita wants to play in the Prem, if he wants to do that he will simply wait for a Prem club, or stay a season and leave on a free with any interested club.

If Leroy wants to listen to his agent, he will join Reading, so lets see what real ambition he has or whether that is a smokescreen for an immediate pay rise.

In my opinion he has a much greater chance of playing in the Premiership if he stays at City and gets an offer from a club that really can make it up to the Premiership. Rather than going to a club that is just sucking up to this player with all this ambition rubbish. Every club does it and you hear the player saying afterwards they want to get promotion and it is all crap. If Leroy goes I generally think he would have made the wrong move if it truely is ambition that motivates him.

For the last 3 years we have finished 4th, 9th and 7th and the reason on each occasion we haven't gone up has been simply that we haven't scored enough goals. We have always had a solid enough defense but just didn't score enough. We totally outplayed Wolves in both playoff games a couple of years ago but didn't have enough cutting edge to beat them. Add Lita and Kitson as a strikeforce next season and I really can't see there being many goalscoring problems. We will make the playoffs next season providing Kitson and Lita stay fit for the majority of the season, something we didn't have last year (Kitson out for 4 months, Forster out for 3 months) and we still finished 7th.

No business about it. Goater is on £8000 A WEEK!!! They desperately want rid of him but Goater won't go anywhere and is quite happy to sit around for another year, collect the money and then retire at the end of the season.

I'm at work so I can't see the TV but if that is all expected then  smile.gif

Hmmm. If he's on £8k per week (over £400k over the last year of his contract) then why on earth are they quibbling over the £50k fee, particular with Majeski bankrolling them.

Hmmm. If he's on £8k per week (over £400k over the last year of his contract) then why on earth are they quibbling over the £50k fee, particular with Majeski bankrolling them.

What's the point in paying £450k instead of £400k when you probably won't get a worthwhile return on the extra?

Guest Royal Ian

Got nothing to do with the amount. THe board have already said on numerous occasions that if Steve Coppell wants Goater to play then they will pay the £50k no problem. Fact is that Coppell doesn't want Goater, and has said 'he is not the fututre of this club'. Goater looks totally disinterested to me and if he really wanted it then he would have put the effort in last year when we had loads of injuries to strikers.

Guest Stafford

Slightly bemused about these posts that go on about City being a business and how it makes business sense to sell Leroy Lita because his re-sale value at season's end is zero. Maybe City should act like a real business for once and look upon the loss of the fee as an investment to get the goals to secure promotion. If the club held onto Leroy Lita and he went for a free next April, his goals during the forthcoming campaign could well have secured promotion. Once in the Championship, the 'revenue streams' (yuk!) would increase and the club would receive a return on their investment. In the short term, if Leroy Lita is transferred, a replacement will have to be bought in and the net gain to City will be less than the headline transfer fee. Once again it begs the question, does this club really want promotion?

Well like I've said before, if it was a dead-on banker that we would go up with Lita, then the decision to sell or keep him would be a no-brainer. But Lita's 29 goals didn't guarantee us promotion last season, and we've all seen the uncertainty and unpredictability that surrounds this football club in recent years - how can anyone say that with Lita we would definitely go up? You can't. City have taken the safe option and I applaud them for it.

Slightly bemused about these posts that go on about City being a business and how it makes business sense to sell Leroy Lita because his re-sale value at season's end is zero.  Maybe City should act like a real business for once and look upon the loss of the fee as an investment to get the goals to secure promotion.  If the club held onto Leroy Lita and he went for a free next April, his goals during the forthcoming campaign could well have secured promotion.  Once in the Championship, the 'revenue streams' (yuk!) would increase and the club would receive a return on their investment.  In the short term, if Leroy Lita is transferred, a replacement will have to be bought in and the net gain to City will be less than the headline transfer fee.  Once again it begs the question, does this club really want promotion?

All well and good, but what if City need £900k NOW?

Guest Moose

I'm at work so I can't see the TV but if that is all expected then  smile.gif

Skysports News are definately reporting as if the deal is done and everything is agreed, even suggesting a signing is expected this morning. They've been pulling out more and more of the Steve Coppell interview as the saga goes on. Sounds like Leroy is coming your way.......

Although having said that, a certain Alan P from West Ham was the next feature, and he mentioned the need for "another striker" too!!!! How would that smart if the Hammers came in with a late offer and snatched him away????

Ho hum.....

Guest Royal Ian
Skysports News are definately reporting as if the deal is done and everything is agreed, even suggesting a signing is expected this morning. They've been pulling out more and more of the Steve Coppell interview as the saga goes on. Sounds like Leroy is coming your way.......

Although having said that, a certain Alan P from West Ham was the next feature, and he mentioned the need for "another striker" too!!!! How would that smart if the Hammers came in with a late offer and snatched him away????

Ho hum.....

Don't even go ther mate! laugh.gif

Your fans on about Judas, now THERE is a Judas. disapointed2se.gif

Guest Moose
Don't even go ther mate! laugh.gif

Your fans on about Judas, now THERE is a Judas.  disapointed2se.gif

Sorry chap, just seemed like too much of a coincidence to miss mentioning!!!!

Guest Dorset Red
For the last 3 years we have finished 4th, 9th and 7th and the reason on each occasion we haven't gone up has been simply that we haven't scored enough goals.

This pains me as a Swindon fan, but I have to agree with a Reading fan for the first time ever in my life! Reading have plenty of potential to reach the Premiership and the addition of Lita might just give them the edge they need to make that final push for promotion.

If they DO make it though, I hope they become even bigger whipping boys than WE were that season we played in the top flight! biggrin.gif

So what were A, B and C then Mr rocket scientist? If it was that obvious, why sell Heffernan?

Not a rocket scientist at all but the forum was full of posts saying Lita was leaving in the January transfer window.

There was interest , but Bcfc said no firm offers. Since then there have been weekly posts about Lita leaving for the higher divisions. If you missed them you are not a regular forum reader.

As for the plans.

a] Lita sold can help strengthen the clubs financial situation, 6.6 million in debt. We still had Heffs, Brooker, Gillespie and Cotterill.

b]We sign Stewart, so we can sell Lita , straight swap.

c] We sold Miller, and Heffernan, and still had Lita,Brooker, Gilly and Cotterill

d] We sell Lita, Miller, Heffs, Doc, Anyinsah, and Coles? Help pay off the debt and sign more viable players that Tins rates, and wants in his team.

Any number of situations, and the board would have been aware of all of them, and planned their squad accordingly. Thats just day to day business.

Rednready, I thought you might have noticed a hint of sarcasm/cynisism in my first post, in fact it wasn't even a hint. Of course the club knew there was good chance of Leroy going, the fact that he had a contract sat on the table, unsigned, gave the fans a pretty good idea he was going too!

Throughout this episode, Leroy has said he wants to stay (yet doesn't sign) and the board have said they want to keep him (they even sold Heff to perhaps convince supporters that this was the case)

Now, with plenty of season tickets sold Leroy will go if the price is right. I know lots of people that bought their season tickets early are now disappointed and a few even feel cheated.

You're right it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out whats happened, it appears that the fans have once again been mis-led. Whether this is the case or not, I personally think, in the long term, selling Leroy Lita is the right decision.

Archived