IGNORED

Cardiff Bid £200k For Coles

What a joke. They were having their wages paid by the PFA only a few months ago, now they are bidding for our players. They should have a transfer embargo placed on them.

If we sell Coles, then I will seriously begin to question the boards motives. We can live without Leroy with Stewart and Brooker in our ranks, but it was our defence that cost us a playoff spot last season. The way to address that is NOT to sell our only above average defender. Without him, our back line is very poor even for league one standard.

If this goes through, then it seems like barely disguised asset stripping from the board IMHO.

he'll still have a clause put in that says all bids over x have to be referred to his agent, like Matt Hill did.

That's pretty much a standard thing these days though. Most players won't even consider signing a contract without it. I know I wouldn't!

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

is that to replace gabbidon? if i was steve lansdown i would rather bite my own arm off than sell to the unpronouncables across the bridge city.gif

Coles has to be worth £500k at least but he would be a bigger loss to City than Lita will be.

City are short of central defenders and Coles is a good defender at this level who is only going to get better if he can concentrate on his football instead of going out on the lash.

Despite his attitude problems last season he showed that can turn himself around and his form at the end of last season was impressive despite not being able to pass a ball.

I wouldn't want him to go but if the club recieve an offer they can't refuse there may not be much choice.

I wouldn't want him to go but if the club recieve an offer they can't refuse there may not be much choice.

Well that offer would have to be 500k bare minimum. Where else will we find a player as good as he CAN be without paying out a similar sum, and without another decent central defender we would struggle badly!!!

It's ironic that for years we have been wasting money carrying too big a squad, and now when a large squad will be an advantage because of the limitations of the transfer window we could possibly start the season with our smallest squad in years!!

Does anyone know if it has been decided wether loans will be allowed for the football league outside of the window, as i have heard rumours they will be???

Coles has to be worth £500k at least but he would be a bigger loss to City than Lita will be.

I can't agree with that comment. 29 goals is very difficult to replace (even by Marcus Stewart), plus the potential of Leroy is huge. However Danny is nothing special! He is a bit lightweight, not good enough in the air, not dominant enough defending set pieces and just has too many poor games. He is good on his day, but he doesn't have enough of them. Plus he has wanted to move on for a long time now, so his heart is not in it any more. When that goes you have had it!

Whilst I agree that we are short in that area and would need to replace him I would say that given a reasonable fee we could replace him fairly easily.

Saying that I would only sell him if he wants to leave as much as I suspect he does. The money we would get would have to go on a replacement, so why bother?

I just wanted to respond to the Lita comparison.

Guest Ben Wah Balls

500k for a defender, speechless-smiley-020.gif I'd value Heywood at about 10 or 20k maximum.

How the hell did you not make the playoffs last year if your team was worth that much.

Archived