IGNORED

Lawnsdown Comment On Itv Teletest

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

Ever time Lawnsdown says he wants to keep a player the next thing we know the player is sold.So its good by Coles of to Cardiff/Hull another academy player bits the dust .As i said a long time ago when academy get 22/23 you will have to sell them for peanuts or they will go for free.

not a lot of good with any business sense either !!!!

if Coles refuses to sign a contract and a higher division club put a reasonable bid in , Lansdowns hands are tied , he either keeps an unhappy player (and we saw how coles played at start of last season) or he brings in some reasonable money as he is doing with Lita, whilst being City fans , some need to start living in real world and realise to the players it is their living and most will play for anyone in the same we that we would work for the highest wagepayer in our own line of work

not a lot of good with any business sense either !!!!

if Coles refuses to sign a contract and a higher division club put a reasonable bid in , Lansdowns hands are tied , he either keeps an unhappy player (and we saw how coles played at start of last season) or he brings in some reasonable money as he is doing with Lita,

I agree with this but...

whilst being City fans , some need to start living in real world and realise to the players it is their living and most will play for anyone in the same we that we would work for the highest wagepayer in our own line of work

Arrrrgghhh!! NO WE WOULDN'T!! banghead.gif

But are problem is our world is div 3 will we ever get out of it.

Yeah we're in division 3 running at approx. 1 million pound loss per year... I know it's easy to say invest in the future and gamble that we'll get promoted but it ain't our money is it?

I'm on the fence with the Lita issue anyway because although I do think it shows a lack of ambition from the board I also understand that we need the money and would rather be a club in existance albiet in the the 3rd division than one which is bankrupt (we can't expect the board to keep bailing us out year after year!)

Basically 900,000 is just too good to turn down

Anyway, I still think we've got a great chance of getting promoted this season without Leroy although it will be harder if Marcus get's injured for any length of time...

Ever time Lawnsdown says he wants to keep a player the next thing we know the player is sold.So its good by Coles of to Cardiff/Hull another academy player  bits the dust .As  i said a long time ago when academy get 22/23 you will have to sell them for peanuts or they will go for free.

why who is going now? As far as I can recall Danny Coles has NEVER been an ACADEMY player.... razz.gif

quit your jibber jabber fool

SLs quotes in the EP do worry me a bit, yes we must reduce the debt but not at the expense of ruining our promotion chances by not replacing players (even if they have to be free transfers/nominal fee etc), we could always reduce the debt another way by getting interest free loans (any takers, if I had the money I would).

How many league games did Marcus Stewart play last season as I think he was missing for quite a while due to injury (he is no spring chicken and when older the niggles take longer to heal), I hope he has a full season and scores the goals that take us up but I am just highlighting that injuries can happen to anyone at anytime we MUST be prepared for that situation.

BCAGFC

P.s. I am not saying we should not sell LL/DC but we must get the best prices and REPLACE them.

Ever time Lawnsdown says he wants to keep a player the next thing we know the player is sold.So its good by Coles of to Cardiff/Hull another academy player  bits the dust .As  i said a long time ago when academy get 22/23 you will have to sell them for peanuts or they will go for free.

Yes, the longer we stay in Grade 3 football the more likely we are to lose our better players to clubs in higher divisions.

The fact that the only ones who fit that that bill are those who've come through the academy should tell you all you need to know, and yet ...

How long will it take you all (and some of you in particular wink.gif ) to realise the simple logic of this situation????

The academy takes in a bunch of youngsters with potential. Some of them will turn out not to be good enough for us and will eventually end up at Tamworth (or CNN or wherever).

Others will turn out to be good players for us, whichever league we happen to be in at the time.

But others will turn out to be too good for us. Given the short careers of professional footballers and the money available these days, they will want to move on to better clubs. And to be honest, can anyone on this forum honestly say that they wouldn't do the same?????

This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the academy - it's just real life.

I would be far, far more worried if no academy players at all were moving on to better clubs.

Guest ashtonyate
How long will it take you all (and some of you in particular  wink.gif ) to realise the simple logic of this situation????

The academy takes in a bunch of youngsters with potential.  Some of them will turn out not to be good enough for us and will eventually end up at Tamworth (or CNN or wherever).

Others will turn out to be good players for us, whichever league we happen to be in at the time.

But others will turn out to be too good for us.  Given the short careers of professional footballers and the money available these days, they will want to move on to better clubs.  And to be honest, can anyone on this forum honestly say that they wouldn't do the same?????

This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the academy - it's just real life.

I would be far, far more worried if no academy players at all were moving on to better clubs.

On the other hand when will you learn that the academy has done this club no good at all except lose the club money.This season the academy will have no player over 19 in the team.We have had to sell all of the player because they want

to get a big signing on fee and more wages.

We can't compeat on money because we have to pay for the academy.So in the 6/7 years we are no better off by having an academy than if we did not have one, and be 3 Million pounds the poorer. I am sorry to keep on and on about the Academy but I think It has stoped us progressing over the time it has been going.

Of the players we have sold none of which have been that good including Lita

which ones have been too good for us none of them its down too money and we cant afford too pay the money because of the academy???.

On the other hand when will you learn that the academy has done this club no good at all except lose the club money.

Never - because I don't believe it, especially in view of the last few performances last season.

I am sorry to keep on and on about the Academy

That's OK - I hadn't noticed farmer.giffarmer.gif

Archived