IGNORED

Just Heard Richard Walker

Guest alex1089

Guest alex1089

Was talking about the rovers v city friendly and he said all the things we dident want to hear. Although both clubs pointed out that it will be a non-competitive match a typical thugish rovers player goes and says " This match will be treated seriously and we will have the full crowd behind us willing us on and it wont be like a normal friendly" he also said "their will deffinatly be alot of hard challenges flying about".

I really think this match could be a disaster for city. We should either field a city 11 of youngsters or pull out of the match. Don't play any seniors, whats the point in the team getting loads of injuries? We need the players for next season and all for a pointless friendly? Whats the point?

Who agrees? Your comments please?

I can't believe were playing this "friendly" cos if they spawn a win over us it could be the last game we ever have with them and then it will be in the record books we lost to them, so IMO we take it seriously and make sure we beat them...

I know the league is the most important thing and i agree it is a bad idea to play them but now it's arranged we have to go at it full pelt and pulling out is not an option.

However, the noises coming out of the gate don't fill me with much optimisum, i would expect Tin's of all people to realise how important these games are and so we should take it very very seriously. We the fans will be and it's us who have to walk the streets of whorefield after the game so lets please give it everything so we can walk tall in the knowledge that we are the one team in bristol ! city.gif

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red
I can't believe were playing this "friendly" cos if they spawn a win over us it could be the last game we ever have with them and then it will be in the record books we lost to them, so IMO we take it seriously and make sure we beat them...

I know the league is the most important thing and i agree it is a bad idea to play them but now it's arranged we have to go at it full pelt and pulling out is not an option.

However, the noises coming out of the gate don't fill me with much optimisum, i would expect Tin's of all people to realise how important these games are and so we should take it very very seriously. We the fans will be and it's us who have to walk the streets of whorefield after the game so lets please give it everything so we can walk tall in the knowledge that we are the one team in bristol ! city.gif

Whats to worry about, we shall win and win easily against the rent boys, just hope they don't resort to uthe usual dirty tactics of fouling everyone and the old hit and hope! praying smiley.gif

Thats one player who still can get injured from a gas piece of scum.

Started the thread with a fair comment and showed genuine concern for City players then second post ruined it all with the gas scum nonsense.

I would be disappointed if a Rovers player deliberatley went over the top and injured a City player in a meaningless friendly.I expect there are many other football fans from Rovers that would as well.

I cannot speak for the morons that follow Rovers who would think it brilliant and would rejoice at a City player being seriously injured by a Rovers player who injured the city player with genuine intent.

But we do have morons that follow both sides obviously Alex1089 is only a kid and knows little about professional players and the fact that most of the players on show that night couldn`t give a stuff about the Bristol Derby and will treat the game as a warm up including Richard Walker whos words have been taken well out of context.

Guest alex1089

I wouldent like to say all rovers fans and players are scum and maybe i was over the top with what i said but I still think that city should play the game in a cautious manner rather than put the first 11 on.

What I posted about what richard walker said are quoted and he did say those things so them comments aren't out of context atall.

I agree with your last paragraph. This is just another pre-season game, the management and players are professional enough to approach it as such. But it's true to say that the atmosphere could get to the players, and that is where the management comes in with subs etc. It'll be ok on the pitch with no inuuries to either side hopefully. Bring it on - I want some bragging rights !

I tend to agree. I think the fans are making more of this then the players will. That's just my humble opinion.

Guest MaloneFM
And lets all meet in the Wellington for a drink before the game. city.gif

I'm all for THAT old man. Cracking idea. Unfortionatly or fortunatly the medical man of mirth will be off on his jolliday down Hallen in his caravan with several feral marmalde mulleted mutts.

It looks like ticket talk to me and nothing else.

Get your ticket NOW! Watch our lads fight toe to toe with the red hordes-and if we WIN! w00t.gif

Well nothing really-it won't matter-just buy a bloody ticket-do it NOW!

Guest DrFaustus
I'm all for THAT old man. Cracking idea. Unfortionatly or fortunatly the medical man of mirth will be off on his jolliday down Hallen in his caravan with several feral marmalde mulleted mutts.

Not quite my old fruit - holiday starts the next day, I just don't fancy 'bumping into' certain people!

The holiday is dual centre - a week in Hallen and a week in Severn Beach. Why bother with the Greek Islands when there is such beauty nearby? The glowing lights of Sevalco, the fresh seas air, the Avonmouth Hum.

Marvellous.

Guest Were dreamers
Thats one player who still can get injured from a gas piece of scum.

and our diving about making out were injured, will not be worth much in a friendly fancing.gif

met fire with fire, you cant say the way Tinman is looking to play will be any different.

Especially now he looks to get the ball asap.

Pulling out, WHY ? sound as were running scared, WHY ? thats not the image to set crying.gif

Guest MaloneFM
Not quite my old fruit - holiday starts the next day, I just don't fancy 'bumping into' certain people!

The holiday is dual centre - a week in Hallen and a week in Severn Beach. Why bother with the Greek Islands when there is such beauty nearby? The glowing lights of Sevalco, the fresh seas air, the Avonmouth Hum.

Marvellous.

You spoil that woman. She IS a woman this time I hope? With a pulse and everything?

Guest DrFaustus
You spoil that woman. She IS a woman this time I hope? With a pulse and everything?

She's all woman Rog. Floppy ears, cute smile, soft and furry coat and her milk makes feta cheese the Greeks would be proud to produce. There is a slight communication barrier at times - for example, when I said something about 'giving me the horn', she chased me all the way down School Road and kept aiming her protruberances at my ringpiece. All in all though, Maarnie is dear old goat.

Guest MaloneFM

Oh doctor you sexy old fox.

Maybe that could be your next conquest.

Some VERY attractive ones near the football pitches in Victory Park. Just drag 'em off the bin bag they have got their muzzle in and POW-big love in a fox stylee.

The Bristol derby means more to fans than it does to players. Let's be realistic.

Which is why for me, it's a good idea. Far more important than so many other "meaningless" friendlies. A bit of local pride at stake, guaranteed a half-decent crowd, everyone wins. The result isn't all that important as far as the teams are concerned and is a great opportunity to try out new talent, etc. Even throw in some aging campaigners for a laugh!!! Although it's a friendly, there always is that extra edge to a derby and that makes it appealing to spectators.

It is irresponsible for people to say things on the radio suggesting that this match will be played as anything other than a friendly. Not only does it incite fans, it also undermines the managers of the respective clubs who i am sure will only be treating it as a friendly.

Guest mesa boogie

It is true, all Rovers players have been told to break every City's players leg/legs. Mem Stadt will be knee high in blood.

Archived