IGNORED

Forum Team Places Up For Grabs!

Big Red Rich

Guest BeNeRz

I'm well interested, but I'm only 5ft5 and I'm 17 razz.gif

I play 6 a side every wednesday but i drink to much n smoke :P so mite be bit hanging after 30 mins razz.gif

Still interested?

I'm moving back to Bristol in September for uni, so I might be able to help out at time if needed.

I'm 18 and around 6 foot (seeing as everybody else is listing age and height!) and play left-back or left-midfield. I represented Bournemouth in goal once (and I mean once!) too, but haven't played there for a while.

I can play in goal or defence, do have a tendancy to hoof the ball up the field though when it comes to clearing it laugh.gif, like to make the odd few runs forward, finishing ain't world class though. My fitness level probably isn't is good as it should be but i can usually make a whole game without passing out laugh.gif

Guest Eamer

Well I start my new job tomorrow so I'll have a little money soon and the job is in a shoe shop (in the mall if anyone wants to come say hello). How convienient. Too bad I don't think they sell football boots.

Mine are like size 10 I think... I'm a size 12 trainer so 12/13 football boot I'm guessing.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

hi my name is tom and i am the one BCFC_1988 and i am willing to play in this tournamnet with him i can play left and right back which he is stated please PM him with the info because my computer isnt working very well and often the net dosent work city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

I'm 17 can play anywhere but defence I'm poor in defence but I'm pacy like to run at people and interested in joining a team i was going to join my local team in glos lydney, but id wana play for a city fans team more.

i can get to cardiff this sat if needed but might not have boots but i might be able to borrow some.

pm me plz for more info.

To make things fair, why don't 11 new players get selected for OTIB.

You say you don't want it to be a closed shop, yet, can you tell me how long you have been involved in the playing and setup? Surely enough new people on this thread have shown an interest to play, changing the whole setup every year would be the fairest way, and perhaps, if you are still wanting a game, and you have played for the team in the past, why not give those players an option to get involved a couple of years later, sounds like you may have enough interest to have two full teams if you count last years players.

Just an opinion.

Screech, are you aware how much hard work goes into this event year on year?

Sure, there is plenty of interest in this thread, but most seem to be from those aged around 16/17. We have raised over £15k now through this event and members of the team need to be specially selected so the team is kept rounded in many aspects to continue raising these sums.

I'm sure everybody here would love to play at Ashton Gate in front of many fans, but thats not what it is all about.

Being a long time member of this forum, its a shame you havn't noticed that this event isnt about 11 kids kicking a ball about.

Rich

Guest C.T.I.D

Sure, there is plenty of interest in this thread, but most seem to be from those aged around 16/17. We have raised over £15k now through this event and members of the team need to be specially selected so the team is kept rounded in many aspects to continue raising these sums.

I'm sure everybody here would love to play at Ashton Gate in front of many fans, but thats not what it is all about.

Being a long time member of this forum, its a shame you havn't noticed that this event isnt about 11 kids kicking a ball about.

Rich

i'm 28....5'7.5"/5'8" and can do left or right back.

left and right footed too if your short in those departments

Rich

What is required from a forum player?

And what age group are you looking for?

I'm 31, left sided player with time to spare, i'm not the fittest of players as i haven't played for a couple of years snack.gif

but willing to give it ago! englandsmile4wf.gif

Rich

Sorry, and you are who exactly? Chief fundraiser? Team manager? A N OTHER? Self appointed spokesman? Or just another fundraiser who has given himself a position where you have the power to tell 16/17 year olds they are mysteriously not old enough?

I'm fully aware thanks that fundraising takes a lot of peoples time up, but my point is the more people you get involved by splitting with last years team, and installing new faces, the more accessible the event will become to more people that want to play in the OTIB charity match and therefore raise more money, after all that's what it's all about isn't it?

Old players can still join in the fundraising alongside the new, seems to me though that you want to have this clique of set players, which only puts barriers up to fresh new fundraisers who want to have a kick about to raise money.

Cheif fundraiser? I did raise over £200 this year. Team Manager? No, but the ass man. A N OTHER? Yeah. Self Appointed spokesman? Suppose.

where you have the power to tell 16/17 year olds they are mysteriously not old enough?

Ok oh wise one. You tell me how to get a team 16/17 year olds all over the region if the majority of them don't drive? You tell me who 16/17 year olds are going to approach to raise SERIOUS money for this event? Their mate Davey Crocket?

This event has been so much of a success that even Football and Rugby teams from all over the UK have been contacting us finding out how they go about organising a similar event themselves.

I have no idea, other than to 'stir' why you are so interested anyway. Maybe you would like to enlighten me?

Cheif fundraiser? I did raise over £200 this year. Team Manager? No, but the ass man. A N OTHER? Yeah. Self Appointed spokesman? Suppose.

Ok oh wise one. You tell me how to get a team 16/17 year olds all over the region if the majority of them don't drive? You tell me who 16/17 year olds are going to approach to raise SERIOUS money for this event? Their mate Davey Crocket?

This event has been so much of a success that even Football and Rugby teams from all over the UK have been contacting us finding out how they go about organising a similar event themselves.

I have no idea, other than to 'stir' why you are so interested anyway. Maybe you would like to enlighten me?

hi, I'm intersted in playing for the forum, i used to play both saturday and sunday on the right or down the middle, i havnt played for a couple of years but will be playing this season. i have transport. let me know if I'm needed?

rolleyes.gif

edit: forgot to mention I'm 31

Archived