IGNORED

Forum Team Places Up For Grabs!

Big Red Rich

Being 16/17 isnt a problem, but have a team full of them is!! We have a good vareity of youth in the team, its just a couple of older players that we are short of.

Still, all those that have pledged an interest to keep an eye out for more information and those needed will be contacted.

Thanks,

Guest east_dundry_red
Being 16/17 isnt a problem, but have a team full of them is!! We have a good vareity of youth in the team, its just a couple of older players that we are short of.

Still, all those that have pledged an interest to keep an eye out for more information and those needed will be contacted.

Thanks,

Like rich has said the team is tight knitt because of what has happend in the years gone by.

We have a good set up now and it just needs to be taken faward.

It's not just about being a great player (other wise i wouldnt be in the team)

It's about being there when needed.

We have a good set up with rich and tom taking things faward and doing a good job. This team has been great over the last 3 years. yes weve had bad results but alot of good ones and to add to many players (i.e 11 more) would ruin it.

those in charge no what they are doing.

Guest Champagne Football

I believe that there was a City forum junior team not so long ago? Was it generally a bad idea and I am guessing that it was broken up?

Maybe we could get up and running another team for the younger members of the forum, with maybe a few 17/18 year olds joining up who would be able to provide lifts (if they can drive of course.)

Would anybody else be interested in such a team? If yes, it would be good if a few of us could help organise it, much like the forum team asking members to put some effort in the organisational side of things, where to play, when etc and all of the other things involved.

Cheif fundraiser? I did raise over £200 this year. Team Manager? No, but the ass man. A N OTHER? Yeah. Self Appointed spokesman? Suppose.

Ok oh wise one. You tell me how to get a team 16/17 year olds all over the region if the majority of them don't drive?

A team of 16/17 year olds, where did I say that? I said you have had a big response from people wanting to join in, some were 16/17 year olds and some were a lot older, try reading it again, and thanks for calling me wise.

You tell me who 16/17 year olds are going to approach to raise SERIOUS money for this event? Their mate Davey Crocket?

Have you approached any of them yet and asked if they can raise some money for the chosen cause? You may be surprised to know that people can start work at the age of 16, and have families and friends that work too, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

This event has been so much of a success that even Football and Rugby teams from all over the UK have been contacting us finding out how they go about organising a similar event themselves.

Congratulations to ALL that have been involved, the behind the scenes running of the event is not what I am referring to on this thread, if you hadn't noticed I was referring to people getting involved in the team and raising money that way.

I have no idea, other than to 'stir' why you are so interested anyway. Maybe you would like to enlighten me?

Not stirring at all, I am part of the OTIB forum so I should have an interest, right? After all, aren't the OTIB football team representing me and many others, or are you trying to serve yourself and a few others rather than opening yourself out to the masses who may want to get involved, enough have shown an interest.

Over to you now chief!  razz.gif

I believe that there was a City forum junior team not so long ago? Was it generally a bad idea and I am guessing that it was broken up?

Maybe we could get up and running another team for the younger members of the forum, with maybe a few 17/18 year olds joining up who would be able to provide lifts (if they can drive of course.)

Would anybody else be interested in such a team? If yes, it would be good if a few of us could help organise it, much like the forum team asking members to put some effort in the organisational side of things, where to play, when etc and all of the other things involved.

Yes, you are correct.

Myself and Bow Legged Chicken decided to form a Junior representative side for the Forum and enjoyed a few victories over the main team.

As time wore on, we found it difficult to find fixtures (logistics being the root cause).

Having played against the Forum team and made myself known to them, I followed on by turning up to friendly fixtures when maybe not all of them could make it and helped make up numbers, and progressed on to joining the main team, having shown some commitment.

If you want any advice on setting up the team and some ex Junior team players who may be interested in playing, give Myself or 'BLC' a PM.

The team isn't a closed-door IMO, it's just about keeping things fresh with say 2/3 players coming in per season as the others bow out, as opposed to wholesale changes.

Archived