IGNORED

Forum Team Places Up For Grabs!

Big Red Rich

As most of you will know, members of this forum make up a football team that plays bristol rovers in an annual game for charity. Its all good fun, but it requires players with good character, a willingness to help out with some of the organisation and a little bit of footballing ability.

After 3 years, the Rovers team is now going through a bit of a change with some of the older players retiring and some handing over their positions to others.

Well, we are also planning on doing the same here. This Sunday we have a football tournament involving Cardiff, Rovers, Swindon & Yeovil with a couple of more teams representing their respective clubs (like the subbers for example!).

Anyway, we are looking for players who would potentially like to play for the team on a regular basis. In the main, we are looking for a couple of mature players but all ages are welcome.

If you would like to play in the Tournament this Sunday in Cardiff (transport is available) then please state your intentions on the football team forum.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Rich,

Guest Eamer

I haven't played for quite a while but wouldn't mind getting back into playing again. I don't think I have any football boots anymore which is a poo. What positions are you down on and how many in a perfect world do you want to find for each position needed? I'll play anywhere in the centre or the right. from defence to forward. I'm 6'6" and 200lbs approx so am pretty big which could be an advantage but I'm 17 (18 in two months) and haven't played for about 2 years. My all-round game wasn't too bad though.

I haven't played for quite a while but wouldn't mind getting back into playing again. I don't think I have any football boots anymore which is a poo. What positions are you down on and how many in a perfect world do you want to find for each position needed? I'll play anywhere in the centre or the right. from defence to forward. I'm 6'6" and 200lbs approx so am pretty big which could be an advantage but I'm 17 (18 in two months) and haven't played for about 2 years. My all-round game wasn't too bad though.

You're 17 and 6' 6" ohmy.gif

Bloody hell, we could do with you in the centre of defence!

You're 17 and 6' 6"  ohmy.gif

Bloody hell, we could do with you in the centre of defence!

Never mind the Forum team, the 1st team needs you!

Don't worry about being tall Mr RedM is 6' 5" and his cousin is 6'8", they can't play football though!!! biggrin.gif

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

I'm a good goalkeeper but can play anywhere in defence to... i feel small compared to eamer though I'm only 6'1 laugh.gif

Guest Eamer

I used to play in goal back in the day but never really enjoyed it there even if I was never on the losing side...

Never mind the Forum team, the 1st team needs you!

I could just be one of the 4 more players they are looking for hahaha

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red
We might be looking for a 'keeper. Are you sure your not available this sunday for a run-out?

I'm not sure, just that I'm skint plus its getting there from swindle mate online2long.gif

Guest east_dundry_red

Cover for a goalkeeper would be good. But can u play in other positions?

We have a good keeper. Could you also play in anotehr position? Not trying to get in the way of tom and riches job but it would be good if u culd play in 2 positions. Also good because it would give rich a rest. With only one keeper if we progrerss a long way he's going to get tired like everyone else.

Guest paulton rovers red

i would love to play for city

I'm 6'2 left footed and 13 st any position will do me just fine as long as it s centre forward!

Guest markreynolds1986

id be up for it smile.gif . Played for my County. am 19 can play anywhere in midfield but am primarily a centre Mid. Can also go in between the sticks.

Any info would be appreciated, but a chance to pull on the city shirt in a compettative game is to good a chance to miss . Let me Know if required.

Guest markreynolds1986
Mark that fat lump stood to the left of your goalie as we look at your team photo is absolutely useless at football and he's a Swindle fan!  Ugh! disapointed2se.gif

Sorry to go off track

Haha , yeh hes not the most gifted of players , Gets in the way and is one of the old school of the team so we keep him around. Nice Bloke though..

Unfortunately alot of the players in this district our Swindle fans and i get my fair bit of stick for it ....

Archived