IGNORED

Marcus Signing Gas Shirt

RichieP

Did anyone else see this last night?

At half time next to the dugouts Marcus was signing autographs and chatting amiably to the crowd when suddenly some bloke whipped out a Gas shirt from his carrier bag and asked him to sign it. At first Marcus refused but after what appeared to be some persuasion (I reckon he lied and said it was for chaity), he signed.

Afterwards the bloke couldn't stop laughing and was well pleased with himself, so clearly it was some preplanned Gas attempt at a wind up!

Guest MaloneFM

'Look look I gots Mikey Stewart to sign me shirt. That mean he play for Gas now'

No Mr Atkins he doesn't

'But he sign shirt-he sign shirt-he play now-he score goal-make Ian do wee wees'

Guest Were dreamers
'Look look I gots Mikey Stewart to sign me shirt. That mean he play for Gas now'

No Mr Atkins he doesn't

'But he sign shirt-he sign shirt-he play now-he score goal-make Ian do wee wees'

NO dunno.gif

it don't mean he plays for the Gas now, he has come to finish his career at City.

He played for the Gas at the start of his career when he was a young-un

before he was sold on w00t.gif

Guest Were dreamers
why do rovers fans want a city player signing their shirt?

Thats right, - that would be the last thing they would want.

Its a Bath fan - adding to his collection dunno.gif

Guest sprout1883
why do rovers fans want a city player signing their shirt?

yeh why would the want a Gas hero (something Stewart isn't at City just Yet) signing a Rovers shirt?

Guest C.T.I.D
Well, it definitely happened - why I don't know - just wondered if anyone else noticed as Marcus was very reluctant at first to do so.

It was a big guy wearing a black shirt and glasses.

Because he don't like the gas,only played for them for the sake of his career but that is as far as it went........would you eagerly sign a saggy shirt if you had to play for them but you are city through and through city.gif

Well, it definitely happened - why I don't know - just wondered if anyone else noticed as Marcus was very reluctant at first to do so.

Yes I saw the incident as well. MS was very unsure about signing it, but I think he was told that it was for a charity auction.

Yeah I saw it, fair play to him. He did play for the gas and was loved at the time so I don't think he should deide not to sign it just becaue he now plays for us....

If they had tried to get him to put it on then that's a different matter....

Guest DrFaustus

Aye, and the shirt has just gone on ebay. The charity? Faustus Fund for 2006 holiday. biggrin.gif

Yeah I saw it, fair play to him.  He did play for the gas and was loved at the time so I don't think he should deide not to sign it just becaue he now plays for us....

If they had tried to get him to put it on then that's a different matter....

Yep. No harm in him signing the shirt at all. More likely it was a Bath fan who no doubt supports the Gas as well.

Dual centre again. Week in Chard, then further into Devon.....

...to find yourself a football team? Last time I went to Plainmoor it struck me that they could use a few more supporters. Though, they are a funny bunch - a lot of extra toes, special relationships with their sisters etc. Come to think of it, you'd fit right in & I'm sure they'd like some 'new blood' for their gene pool. razz.gif

Guest DrFaustus
I've seen a few movies with this 'Devon' woman. Impressive stuff Faust. Not heard of this Chard fellow though - sounds American?

Don't go there Gaz, you'll get your fingers burnt. See how I did that? Chard/charred?... And you all think Malone is a comedic genius?

Guest Were dreamers
Yep. No harm in him signing the shirt at all. More likely it was a Bath fan who no doubt supports the Gas as well.

I used to see Marcus Stewart walking around the area wearing his Rovers shirt when he was a young-un and Gas player

100% City mmmmmh disapointed2se.gif

Guest Were dreamers
yeah great idea, he plays for the gas so he's going to go around all the time wearing a City shirt

pillock

razz.gif

and before you were even born

Archived