IGNORED

Striker - David Johnson?

darling

Could Johnson of Forest be the mystery man? Scored in Prem for Ipswich and is on City Ground transfer list. Has year left on his deal so they could let him on loan to us, then release him next summer with a clause not to play in games against them this season. Other options could be Alun Armstrong formerly of Middlesborough and Clyde Wjiinhard. Both were at Darlington last season. Who knows? Certainly could be anybody, but certainly someone of 6ft and strength surely...a target man? Also, when are we going to sign a keeper! It's a very worrying situation. Make a loan signing from the Prem, just get in someone who can convincingly play between the sticks incase Stevie gets injured!

David Johnson has a good record at Championship level, but I thought he left Forest last year (or end of season before)?

As for Armstrung, he was on trial here not so long ago (during Tins reign) and wasn't deemed good enough.

David Johnson has a good record at Championship level, but I thought he left Forest last year (or end of season before)?

Nope, he's still contracted to Forest but suffered a serious loss of form and was sent out on loan.

Its hard to know if Forest fans blame him, or Marlon King more for their relegation last season.

They'd be happy for us to have Johnson if they could keep Gareth Taylor.

Nope, he's still contracted to Forest but suffered a serious loss of form and was sent out on loan.

Its hard to know if Forest fans blame him, or Marlon King more for their relegation last season.

They'd be happy for us to have Johnson if they could keep Gareth Taylor.

Oh right, thought I remembered seeing him playing for someone else though razz.gif

Not sure if he's actually scored in the Premiership though, can't remember Forest being up there whilst he's been around to be honest unsure.gif

Oh right, thought I remembered seeing him playing for someone else though  razz.gif

Not sure if he's actually scored in the Premiership though, can't remember Forest being up there whilst he's been around to be honest  unsure.gif

Were Ipswich ever in the top flight when he played for them or was he there when they lost in the play offs year after year after year...... dunno.gif

It's clearly Goater , think about the following :-

1) Reading can't play him or they will have to pay Man City loads of dosh as one more appearance triggers a clause in the transfer agreement , so rather than play wages (probaly a lot) for a player not to play , put him on loan , get the other club to cover his wages (or at least part) and avoid the penalty clause.

2) From Goater's point of view he gets to play and Bristol is a easy drive from Reading , so he doesn't have to move.

3) We know the Club's have been talking recently

All adds up , Goater to compete with Brooker for the "big b*****d up front" role

If it's a one season loan I think that's OK , then when we go up we can splash some cash on a Championship forward to partner 40 goal a season Gillespie !!

city.gifchant6ez.gifcity.gif

Were Ipswich ever in the top flight when he played for them or was he there when they lost in the play offs year after year after year...... dunno.gif

Well he was at Ipswich 1997-2000 and then 2000-2001 (went to Forest in between). So probably did score in the Prem.

Could be something in it then, especially spending time on loan at Sheff Utd last season.

Well he was at Ipswich 1997-2000 and then 2000-2001 (went to Forest in between). So probably did score in the Prem.

Could be something in it then, especially spending time on loan at Sheff Utd last season.

A Nottm Forest supporting friend is praying that its true! He also suggests that DJ is on astronomical wages at Forest.

A Nottm Forest supporting friend is praying that its true!  He also suggests that DJ is on astronomical wages at Forest.

That's the problem - wages. If it is a quality striker who has scored in the Premiership, then I imagine it will be an older player - mid-late 30's who is coming towards the end of his career where money isn't necesarily the main objective.

Or am I being too optimistic? unsure.gif

Yes, he did score in the Prem when with Ipswich. He was seen as the next big thing as far as Ispwich fans were concerned - Scotland boss Craig Brown even selected him for the national team before discovering he didn't qualify!

I think Johnson would be quite good for us. He's not in Megson's plans at the moment and would probably welcome the chance of first team football - or at least the possibility of it. It's not as if he'd be dropping down a level either.

We were offered Goater as part of the Lita deal and like every other club he has been offered to we don't want him. Shipperley will join Sheff Utd this week. I bet Ashley Ward.

I think i heard somewhere that ashley ward retiried at the end of last season

James Scowcroft?

-Height

-Quality

-Ex-prem

-Mate of Marcus from Ipswich

Sorry as good as it sounded, just realised he's been snapped up by Coventry already.

Archived