IGNORED

Where Will We Finishthis Year?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

1 think we'll do the double ldv vans and league 1 title cos our reserves can win ldv and our squad has the depth to replace quality with quality

It's got to be Auto Promotion, nothing less. Having said that if it requires a trip to Cardiff to finish the job off then so be it, but we have to get out of this league no matter what the cost.

The gap between Championship & League 1 has never been bigger.

1st.

Why not? People think Forest will bounce back, but Wednesday certainly didn't ( I think they finished somewhere between 11th and 16th in there first season in the 3rd division), No-one else has a better squad or better away support (maybe Forest, but can't remeber the last time we played them in the league) and IF we do secure Bridges, i think in Brooker, Stewart, Bridges and Gillespie, we have 4 out of the top 8 best strikers in the division.

Again, 1st.

Guest monster red
1 think we'll do the double ldv vans and league 1 title cos our reserves can win ldv and our squad has the depth to replace quality with quality

Same old, same old. We'll probably hover around the edge of the play-offs all season and just miss out or scrape 6th spot. Naturally I hope I'm proved completely wrong and we walk it rofl2br.gif I know-dream on rolleyes.gif

1st.

Why not? People think Forest will bounce back, but Wednesday certainly didn't ( I think they finished somewhere between 11th and 16th in there first season in the 3rd division), No-one else has a better squad or better away support (maybe Forest, but can't remeber the last time we played them in the league) and IF we do secure Bridges, i think in Brooker, Stewart, Bridges and Gillespie, we have 4 out of the top 8 best strikers in the division.

Again, 1st.

i wouldn't put gillespie in top eight YET e will but i'd put him about top 15 or 20 but if we were to get bridges then gillespie would probably get a bit frustrated banghead.gifranting.gif so i'd put three up front so he's first rather than second choice replacement

Oldham? have i missed something?

made a few great signings, liddell wellens and a few others but still we are much better than them city.gif

Oldham have made a number of quality signings, Wellens, Beckett, Liddell, Forbes to name four. I think it will be close but knowing our luck they will just edge us int 2nd place.

Forest!!!!!! NO CHANCE! city.gif

Personally i don't think Oldham will figure as much as what people think, but then again i always back City, so what do i know!!!

Do you think on other clubs forums, all their posters pick us for promotion?

With the squad we have a top 6 finish can be the least of our expectations. If we finish anywhere lower it will be the managers fault plain and simple, and he will surely pay the penalty.

Its much to hard to put a definitive number on it - we have the squad to finish in the automatic places, but we'll probably end up in the play-off lottery.

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red
Personally i don't think Oldham will figure as much as what people think, but then again i always back City, so what do i know!!!

Do you think on other clubs forums, all their posters pick us for promotion?

I agree with that, however i got an inkling that city will finish up as champions... summat tells me that we will cos of signings we have bought in, grant smith looks an excellent signing, hes got vision and can cross, heywood looks solid at the back and aint afraid to get his head in, stewart has the experience as does bridges if we are signing him smile.gif

7th

Highest Scorers in the league but your defence will let you down IMO.

no on about city not rovers doh.gif

with heywood coles carey and golbourne we are pretty much sorted and the smiths can do jobs at full back and clayton, orr and keogh can play centre back we have no problems as far as i'm concerned

Guest mesa boogie

unsure.gif

.....and you're basing that on what, exactly?

Going on what I've seen/heard of you lot last term offensively you were great. Lita has gone but you've brought in Stewart and maybe Bridges. You needed really to improve on your defence though. This is going from what I've heard from 82er mates and Soccer poo. Just giving an oppinion.

Archived