IGNORED

Bid To Be A Gashead For A Year

just been on the gas website,and they are running an auction on ebay to become a gas player for a year.The winning bidder will be registered with no 13 shirt,get a season ticket,full kit,1 year non playing contract,and as signed photo with the manager or favourite player.

come on people get bidding,

also if any1 can provide a link for the auction i would be greatful

just been on the gas website,and they are running an auction on ebay to become a gas player for a year.The winning bidder will be registered with no 13 shirt,get a season ticket,full kit,1 year non playing contract,and as signed photo with the manager or favourite player.

gas link £41 so far

I'm the current high bidder. biggrin.gif

I think someone should win it, and then release a press release each week about how frustrated you are not to have been in the team for that game. Turn up for training, make regular appointments to argue your case for a starting position with the manager.....

I think it's a good idea smile.gif it's weird i was just thinking about this the other day and how cool it would be for the winner, but not an auction though it takes the fun out of it.

Is this somthing the supporters trust would get behind Luke?

Wouldn't it be a better system to run a lottery instead of an auction?

For a start, ordinary fans would be able to take part. I mean, an auction is going to put people off who don't have a lot of cash.

The club would probably earn a lot more from lottery tickets if they were something like £5 each - they would definitely sell a few thousand. I would buy one and I'm not even a Gas fan!!! They could have them sold in local newsagents and the like. It would help reinforce links with the community - better than the eBay option.

Certainly better than putting it on eBay. Devalues it a bit in my view.

I think it's a good idea  smile.gif  it's weird i was just thinking about this the other day and how cool it would be for the winner, but not an auction though it takes the fun out of it.

Is this somthing the supporters trust would get behind Luke?

..... I'm not sure if it is a good idea or not...

BUT - the supporters trust will essentially get behind whatever the members (the fans) want! It doesn't matter what I think of it!

and why would i want to bid for that??

Guest Eamer
I think someone should win it, and then release a press release each week about how frustrated you are not to have been in the team for that game.  Turn up for training, make regular appointments to argue your case for a starting position with the manager.....

haha awesome idea. i was kinda thinking the same. and just hope they get a bunch of players injured and hope for a game etc.

If I wasn't a City fan I'd bid. Think about it- being paid a Division 2 wage to SIT AT HOME during the week- 6 days of heaven a week with only 1 day of hell.

Plus if the Gas go tits-up in the next year, does the winning bidder get a share of any litigation / settlement? devil.gif

I'd be looking to renegotiate a 2 year deal or get the player managers job inside a year.

If not then I'd probably end up at Forest Green with everyone else who has ever played for a Bristol club.

Ps - THIS IS SARCASM!

Wages?? Idiot!!

I might bid and then hand in a transfer request because the club is sorely mismanaged, lacks ambition and smells a bit. That ought to make the news.

I wonder if they had a massive injury crisis and you were the only registered player left available they'd let you play... Hmm... A few well timed slips and fouls could be a winner. The question is would anyone notice?

Nibor

Wouldn't it be a better system to run a lottery instead of an auction?

For a start, ordinary fans would be able to take part.  I mean, an auction is going to put people off who don't have a lot of cash.

The club would probably earn a lot more from lottery tickets if they were something like £5 each - they would definitely sell a few thousand.  I would buy one and I'm not even a Gas fan!!!  They could have them sold in local newsagents and the like.  It would help reinforce links with the community - better than the eBay option.

Certainly better than putting it on eBay.  Devalues it a bit in my view.

I think they just went for the easy option. Stick it on ebay and don't worry about it.

Wages?? Idiot!!

chant6ez.gif

Archived