IGNORED

Goals On Sunday

Robbored

What good value Harry Redknap and Jim Smith were on the Sky Sports this morning.Harry in particular telling stories about the late Bobby Moore and and also about Paulo DiCanio and his fear of flying.Very entertaining show.

Not only is Redknap an amusing and down to earth character he also talks alot of sense about coaching and football in general.Its the first time I've seen him in a relaxed enviroment and he came over as great bloke.

I'd love to see Wilson on the show.I wonder how he'd come across.

Wish I'd have seen that.

I was sitting at home the other day when my phone rang, and it was Jim Smith!!!! I'd written to him asking if he'd contribute a piece for the souvenir brochure we're putting together for Tinman's testimonial and he rang me up to tell me he'd be delighted to send a piece ... and a signed Teddy Sheringham shirt for the raffle. I had to try and stay calm and collected, as if I was in the habit of chatting to legendary footie managers on the phone.

I used to have a tape of radio bloopers (sadly lost now) with a classic Jim Smith clip on it. It was after the game when Newcastle were relegated from the old Div 1 when he was manager in the late 80's. 5 mins after the final whistle and some reporter asks him 'So Jim. You've just been relegated. How do you feel?'

A short pause, followed by a fantastic outpouring of swearing and invective along the lines od 'What sort of a ******* question is that you ******* stupid ****! How the **** do you think I ******* feel you ******* idiot ... and on and on and on. Classic.

Did you hear the question to Harry about how Jamies injury (s) were coming along?

Apparently when he broke his leg against Scotland (playing for England) back in the late 90's, he had 2 big bolts put into his ankle, un-beknown at the time, his leg had set out of alinement.

Jamie has been back to see his surgeon in America and they were seriously considering re-breaking his leg so that they could re-set it straight!! :D

As a result, Jamie now has no cartlidge left in his knee.

Harry told Jamie that it wouldn't be worth it but Jamie was still contemplating it, as he really wants to get back to playing again!

Anyway, he has now had everything s####ed and cleaned up and is back in training.

And people say footballers have it easy :)

Guest swindonite
Did you hear the question to Harry about how Jamies injury (s) were coming along?

Apparently when he broke his leg against Scotland (playing for England) back in the late 90's, he had 2 big bolts put into his ankle, un-beknown at the time, his leg had set out of alinement.

Jamie has been back to see his surgeon in America and they were seriously considering re-breaking his leg so that they could re-set it straight!!  :D

As a result, Jamie now has no cartlidge left in his knee.

Harry told Jamie that it wouldn't be worth it but Jamie was still contemplating it, as he really wants to get back to playing again!

Anyway, he has now had everything s####ed and cleaned up and is back in training.

And people say footballers have it easy  :)

They do have it easy. What's he been collecting? 50K a week to sit on his arse for the last few months? Yeah sure they'd rather be playing blah blah blah but I bet you, I or anyone else would happily swap with him.

Re-breaking a bone is not that unusual and I know people with ###### up knees from playing amatuer football, difference being they never got paid anything for the pleasure.

They do have it easy. What's he been collecting? 50K a week to sit on his arse for the last few months? Yeah sure they'd rather be playing blah blah blah but I bet you, I or anyone else would happily swap with him.

Re-breaking a bone is not that unusual and I know people with ###### up knees from playing amatuer football, difference being they never got paid anything for the pleasure.

So it's something that you would happily have done is it?

As you say, he's still picking up his £xx,xxx a week, so why would anybody in their right mind consider it?

Either way, it is still a bad situation, you also have to consider the complications on later life!!

Guest swindonite
So it's something that you would happily have done is it?

As you say, he's still picking up his £xx,xxx a week, so why would anybody in their right mind consider it?

Either way, it is still a bad situation, you also have to consider the complications on later life!!

I wouldn't happily have my leg broken (although it's worse than it sounds and isn't an uncommon practice and if it's going to correct his leg then why not, like you say might cause problems later on in life if he leaves it) but I'd happily be in his position (if only for Louise :) ).

Archived