IGNORED

Coles

bartolona

Well best of luck to the guy at his new club, he obviously has some ability if he can find the motivation again.

Feel a bit sorry for him because some of the stories which have been doing the rounds on this forum have been grossly exaggerated and he wasnt the only city player out on the beers last thursday.

But it was clear from his comments in the papers that he wasnt happy here so its obviously best for both parties that he moves on.

Wrong! He did deal with them - he got rid of them.That sends out a very firm message to the other players as well.You won't find many now that will disrepect him.

In some respects he took the easy (big stick) option.

You said it yourself, and I agree - 200K is a poor return for Coles.

Are we in effect paying for those Tinnion cannot manage?

Surely the sign of a good manager is how he coaxes the skills from all players, and not just ditching several good ones, and buying in a team of workmen?

It's going to be a big season for Brian, like last season when it went well Brian was fine, this time round,but clearly struggled (and lashed out) when it went sour.

when he hits a sticky patch this term he has nowhere left to hide

(buying in/blaming/shipping out)

Well, judging from this ;

http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...~690913,00.html

Coles had been planning to leave at the start of last season, news to everyone  laugh.gif Sounds like little big man talk.  Why not ask for a transfer at that time then sunshine ?

Explains a lot, and in keeping with his character. Little veiled dig at Tinnion too.

I dispise him even more after reading that interview. What a complete twit that boy is. He really does think he's something special. I wish him no luck at all. I hope it all goes pear shaped for the pretty boy.

Guest monster red
I dispise him even more after reading that interview. What a complete twit that boy is. He really does think he's something special. I wish him no luck at all. I hope it all goes pear shaped for the pretty boy.

For any City fans in any doubt regarding getting rid of Cole's, I would suggest reading the interview on Hull's site with clarify things a little.

######!

I found that interview earlier... Before reading it, I disliked him. After reading it... I ****ing hate him!

"I'm delighted to be up here. It's been over a year since I've been ready to move on from Bristol City and I'm happy to be at a club which will be playing in the Championship this season."

What at utter prat. Over a year since he's been ready to move on... is that why he's been playing like a conference footballer for the past year then?

I don't understand footballers. For there whole life, they have eaten, breathed and slept FOOTBALL, and when they make it... they have the actual cheek to appear to play badly simply because they're slightly unhappy with their manager. It's a bit tragic really...

Guest monster red
I found that interview earlier... Before reading it, I disliked him. After reading it... I ****ing hate him!

"I'm delighted to be up here. It's been over a year since I've been ready to move on from Bristol City and I'm happy to be at a club which will be playing in the Championship this season."

What at utter prat. Over a year since he's been ready to move on... is that why he's been playing like a conference footballer for the past year then?

I don't understand footballers. For there whole life, they have eaten, breathed and slept FOOTBALL, and when they make it... they have the actual cheek to appear to play badly simply because they're slightly unhappy with their manager. It's a bit tragic really...

Prat is very polite-just sums up how pethetic the boy is. If the guy had issues with Tinnion or Lansdown he should of put that to one side and shown more dignity,not taken cheap shots.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He basically as put the middle finger up to the whole club-fans included. ranting.gif

Wrong! He did deal with them - he got rid of them.That sends out a very firm message to the other players as well.You won't find many now that will disrepect him.

Got rid of players that have actually been signed up for Championship sides. doh.gif

So what is the message ?

I think DC's point was key in why certain players wanted to move on.

Why is it players have little disrespect for any manager ?

BT has got rid of players that didn't respect him ? Is that fact ?

Doherty and Coles didn't like him from day one, they didn't want him appointed and they didn't want to play for him.

Why?

Because he disapproved strongly of them being out on the lash a lot and didn't hide it.

I don't think anything Tinnion did could have turned their attitudes around. The players Tinnion has brought in to replace them look to me to be better anyway, but obviously the proof is in the pudding.

Nibor

Doherty and Coles didn't like him from day one, they didn't want him appointed and they didn't want to play for him.

Why?

Because he disapproved strongly of them being out on the lash a lot and didn't hide it.

I don't think anything Tinnion did could have turned their attitudes around.  The players Tinnion has brought in to replace them look to me to be better anyway, but obviously the proof is in the pudding.

Nibor

Yep, the proof is in the action.

Yes, I understand certain players were liking their odd half.

One such player that brought a fair bit of grief was someone we recently sold for a cool £mill.

So why no problem here ?

The drinking culture has turned into the reason for the blame culture.

I also believe that DC/TD didn't think BT was experienced enough as a manager & respected as a coach. They actually weren't inspired by his managerial skills.

Hence the fact they have left for Championship football & experienced managers.

I know fans will use the drinking culture as a reason, but there are a few down at AG. Personally I think it's been used as an excuse - not a reason.

As many stories about Lita as there were for Coles & Doherty.

Yep, the proof is in the action.

Yes, I understand certain players were liking their odd half.

One such player that brought a fair bit of grief was someone we recently sold for a cool £mill.

So why no problem here ?

The drinking culture has turned into the reason for the blame culture.

I also believe that DC/TD didn't think BT was experienced enough as a manager & respected as a coach. They actually weren't inspired by his managerial skills.

Hence the fact they have left for Championship football & experienced managers.

I know fans will use the drinking culture as a reason, but there are a few down at AG. Personally I think it's been used as an excuse - not a reason.

As many stories about Lita as there were for Coles & Doherty.

Lita - whatever drinking he did/didn't do never affected a single performance, the lad played his heart out.

Coles - fitness didn't seem to affect his performances, they seemed to be more affected by his attitude towards the manager.

Doherty - Fitness problems and attitude towards the manager and everyone else there to see easily.

I'm not saying any of them left cos of drink culture, (although with Coles it was the last straw), what I'm saying is they disliked Tinnion because he had always disapproved of the drink culture and they weren't going to ever give him a chance.

I have real doubts that either of them actually take football seriously enough to leave a club they're comfortable at solely due to their assessment of the coaching/management experience and ability.

It's all opinions though.

Nibor

And that is the case for the defence m'lud - getting done for being drunk and disorderly during pre-season training is all down to not respecting the manager.

w00t.gif

Can't argue at all with this.

Totally unprofessional & for this action alone he could have been sacked.

Maybe, just maybe he knew he was on his way. And just went totally OTT.

If he respected his manager, he wouldn't have let him down like he did.

Archived