IGNORED

Support!

old spot

Well as the annual 9 months of pain and agony is almost upon us i would just like to say a couple of things!!!

One thing that is absolutely certain is NOBODY is going to wave a wand and magic BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB to promotion, and we certainly don't deserve it just because we are percieved as a big club at this level.

No, it will only be achieved through hard work and commitment and everyone sticking together and fighting for every point!!I think that is the type of squad that TINS has tried to assemble, hard workers with a fair smattering of flair and skill and one that i believe is capable of mounting a serious promotion challenge!!

But that on its own is not always enough and that is where we as fans come into the equation!!

As i've put in my signature, ASHTON GATE should be a fortress, but too many times it is not. The under achievment of recent times understandably makes the fans impatient for success, but this has all too often transfered itself into an edgy atmosphere that DOES start to effect the players on the pitch.

The misguided belief that we are a big club also adds to this, as some arrogant fans (i hear this all the time) believe we should be beating teams simply because they are a "small club". Well even man utd failed to beat exeter at old trafford in the fa cup last year which proves that no matter how big or talented you are, you HAVE to do the business in every game , against whoever, to win!!

Our away support is exceptional, i've heard this from many opposing fans, so there is plenty of people around who are capable of providing the right kind of positive support we need, but we need it at home, and all the time!! The GATE is loud enough when we are winning but can be horrible when things are not going well, which is exactly when the players need our help to lift them!! Singing "you're not singing anymore" at a handful of away fans when we score does nothing to help the players, maybe even inspire the opposition to ram the taunts down your throats!!!

Now you may not be the type of person that wants to sing and shout for 90 minutes, and that is fair enough, but you can still help by keeping your comments positive, and not groaning at every missed pass and mistake, which will always happen at third division level!!

We all know plenty of so called fans that only seem to want to moan and groan, and worse still, pick out a particular player to whine on and on and on and on about, so lets let them know we are fed up with it. Criticism is fine, at the right time (after the final whistle) and when it is constructive, but for too many CITY players it has been destructive to their confidence which then transfers to their performance!! Thats what the opposition want, so lets not help them!!!

Considering our dismal record, the amount of season tickets sold and average gates is exceptional, and so is the amount of merchandise sold, but that in itself is not enough. We all want success, so we should give ourselves every advantage we can, and creating a positive atmosphere is one we can do something about!!!

So i say to all you CITY fans, get down the GATE and be positive and loud, from the very start of the season right to the end!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Great rallying call,Old Spot but probably it'll fall on many deaf ears.

Just wait untill City lose a game at AG and the familiar boo boys will be back in voice in the stadium and on here.

I hope Tinnion and his staff have forwarned the new boys what to expect at AG if they lose and to avoid reading the forum....

I've always got down as much as I can (if you pardon the expression!) but I think this season is going to be special. I have bought a season ticket for me and my daughter for the first time ever despite the fact that I have absolutely no chance of getting to every game due to working alternate weekends. I've told my daughter to savour this season because she may not see the like again.

I count myself lucky to have seen our team in the top flight but I am more proud of the fact that I saw them at their lowest ebb.

I will always cheer them on win or lose for the rest of my life. Rant over!!

Totally 100% behind this.

I really hope people take note and instead of shouting "for ##** sake Murray, your ######"why not shout "unlucky Murray".

I for one am going to be 100% behind this team this season, if everyone could do the same through positive comments and creating a atmosphere we will be the 13th man. BUT if we all just keep shouting criticism it would have to opposite effect.

I really hope everyone does get behind the team more this year as I think that will give us that extra vital push for us to get promotion out of this poxy division!

Well as the annual 9 months of pain and agony is almost upon us i would just like to say a couple of things!!!

You start with this - "Pain & agony"

So i say to all you CITY fans, get down the GATE and be positive and loud, from the very start of the season right to the end!!!!

And end with "be positive and loud"

doh.gif

I found last season that teams were coming to AG believing that they could win.

Not because of the crowd, but because of the performances.

AG should be a fortress & lets hope the team make it so this season - and the crowd will respond to this.COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Well i say pain and agony as even in successful seasons there is always plenty of that, and it won't stop me from being loud and positive while i am at ASHTON GATE or any away ground!!

The team have their part to play in getting the crowd going, but as long as they are putting the effort in WE ALL should support them as loudly as possible even if the scoreline is not going the right way at that particular moment!!!

I'll be there Mr Pig Sir.

I will sing at the top of my lungs. Unfortunately, that will mean something resembling a school-girl on speed and anybody wearing glasses should be very careful.

Still, biggrin.gifw00t.gif

Countdown to 2005/06 season: 2 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes, 17 seconds

THE CLOCK IS TICKING DOWN (ok maybe it isn't when you copy and paste it , but you get the point), SO THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE UP FOR IT .... GET YOUR VOICES TUNED UP .... ANYBODY THAT HAS VOICE LEFT BY FIVE O CLOCK SATURDAY AFTERNOON IS A SAGHEAD!!!!!!!

Countdown to 2005/06 season: 2 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes, 2 seconds

Come on then boys and girls, lets really, really, have it....

I will be in Ireland, but the support is more than still there. See you all at Bournemouth and for Port Vale...

CIDER ARMY! chant6ez.gif

(ooohh my hair stood up on the back of my neck!)

Archived