IGNORED

Bcfc Runners

Flounder

TomF

Nah, was ruled out due to long term injury (which is now okay) and subsequently not fit enough now laugh.gif

TomL my right hand man and fellow clik technical bitch will be doing it though smile.gif

So thats.....

Flounder (me)

GeoffA

Tom L (TomF click technical bitch)

Well_red

Flounder

Are the rest of you guys running for a charity? I haven't choosen one yet, I was wandering if we should pool our efforts as we discussed several month ago under the "BCFC Runners" banner, and set up some sort of online donation (Paypal?) So that our fellow forum members can back us...

Any suggestions...

I'll start with

CLIC or the BCFC ability team.

edit: TomF

I'll be running it!! Can't wait!! Only problem is, it's the week just following Freshers week so may be more of a struggle than last year!

Finished in 1hr 41 last year so need to try to beat that really-my sprint finish was inspired by seeing a Rovers shirt about 5 minutes from the end!! Cue major overtaking and waving goodbye to the poor gash*ad!!

For anyone that's ever considering taking up running/entering the Bristol half-marathon in the future do! As well as being good for you the atmosphere on the day is normally phenomenal!!

so Gentlemen....

Flounder (me)

GeoffA

Tom L (TomF click technical bitch)

Well_red

dazza247

City since 64

Do we want to pool our resorces, choose a charity, ask the club for some red and white shirts and set up a paypal account so that the rest of the forum can get behind us?

chant6ez.gif

I'm not going to ask again!

I'll take it that's a "No" then!

Good luck on raceday everyone.

Woah there Flounder!! Give us a chance will you? We don't all spend our afternoons on the internet you know!

I'm running it again and it's crept up on me a bit so I'm very out of shape. I'd wanted to beat 2 hours but I think that's unlikely now.

Anyway, I'm game to run as part of "Team Bristol City Supporters". The Ability Team sounds good. (Too early for the Supporters Trust as it won't have launched by then).

When is it? Is it too late to enter?

First Sunday in October and yes it is unfortunately full. There were 12,000 places (probably only about two thirds will run though!) which went within the first 10 weeks.

Although the Supporters Trust won't quite have launched by the race (I don't think) a team of Bristol City Supporters running in Bristol City Supporters Trust T-Shirts to raise awareness / publicity would be good. If it was a united T-Shirt campaign this would allow runners to run for their own charities (or Bristol City Ability FC etc) while showing a positive image of City supporters to the wider Bristol community.

I'd like to think that a local business (or businesses) would help sponsor the T-Shirts and the Supporters Trust working group could organise them.

So if you're running in the half marathon, would you be willing to wear a Bristol City Supporters Trust T-Shirt?

First Sunday in October and yes it is unfortunately full. There were 12,000 places (probably only about two thirds will run though!) which went within the first 10 weeks.

Although the Supporters Trust won't quite have launched by the race (I don't think) a team of Bristol City Supporters running in Bristol City Supporters Trust T-Shirts to raise awareness / publicity would be good. If it was a united T-Shirt campaign this would allow runners to run for their own charities (or Bristol City Ability FC etc) while showing a positive image of City supporters to the wider Bristol community.

I'd like to think that a local business (or businesses) would help sponsor the T-Shirts and the Supporters Trust working group could organise them.

So if you're running in the half marathon, would you be willing to wear a Bristol City Supporters Trust T-Shirt?

I'm up for that, I was hoping that we could all find a charity (or Charities) that we could all agree on. I suggested BCFC ability because it would support thoes less fortunate and it's BCFC related.

So it's just you and me Milo! BTW Do you remember this thread Half Marathon "Enough for two football teams"

Archived