IGNORED

Which Players Could Reach Prem Level?

94th Minute

As an all round keeper i would say he's not a million miles behind David James

Well thats Ok then, my mind is set at ease now, NOT

For the record I also think David James is an awful goalkeeper, so not much of a compliment..gawd knows what Sven sees in him!

During City's 'lengthy' spell in the first (seems so long ago and an age away - the way things are going) after the Joe Jordan promotion season of 89/90. I can recall us playing Watford on numerous occasions with the 'clown' James in goal for them, he made diablocal mistakes in each. My opionion is he aint improved much since

Also what has Stowell got to do with my argument?

My point was Phillips is dodgy period!

Though I think you have knocked the nail on the head with Phillips managing to hold down a 1st team place, not cos he's great, but lack of competition.

Also for the record I am reliably informed that some Paulton Rovers supporters would agree, as he was a liability for them too

Reliably informed from mothers aunties milkman ?, as a Paulton Rovers Fan also, id add that whilst steve was at the club at a very tender age, he preformed admirably in a physical league.

To say he was a liablilty is quire frankly RUBBISH

I reckon Coles, Fortune, Amankwaah and Lita could all make it to the prem 1 day (that is assuming they're given the chance to prove themselves with us first!).

If Doherty could keep a cool head, didn't give away the ball in stupid positions, was faster and was fitter, he'd definitely be in the premier league, infact he'd probably be one of the best players in the world....

Archived