Tinnion-too old

Roberts-could be bought by a first div club promoted to prem

Miller- When he settles at city id say definitly

Peacock- by the time he gets to the standard he might be too old

Lita- V promising YES

nearly all the players could make prem but city please never sell them

:D:clap::clap::):):):):huh:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

:how funny: :how funny: :how funny: That made me chuckle so much I spilt my coffee :how funny:

But too be fair , Philps in the future. YOu forgot Danny coles??? He would have a chance.

But Hill? He shouldn't be in our first 11. let alone think of the Prem

Come on be realistic.

Phillips - No - Not a good enough all rounder to play in Prem.

Woodman - No

Coles - Yes

Hill - No

Fortune - No -We've hardly seen anything of him at this level - if he was good enough he would be pushing Butler for his place

Wilkshire - No -Released from a Prem side

Brown - No 10 #### games for one good one

Roberts - No

Miller - No

Peacock - No - released by Man City.

We are 11th in Division Two how can literally all of our players be good enough to play in the Prem.

The only player with enough real potential in my eyes is Danny Coles.

Phillips? "you cannot be serious?" - John McEnroe accent

In my opinion and it's going to upset a few of you, he is the most consistently 'dodgy' keeper I have seen in a city shirt (and that's 25 years support)

Ok great shot stopper (occasionally)

but howlers and 'flapping' at crosses (frequently)

Also for the record I am reliably informed that some Paulton Rovers supporters would agree, as he was a liability for them too

moving on to your list I'd say Matt Hill...maybe

and Danny Coles also maybe.

Apart from those two you have to look hard. Perhaps a little unfair on Wilkshire but based on what I've seen thus far

But Hill?  He shouldn't be in our first 11. let alone think of the Prem

This is the first thing I think we've differed on WB, he would be 1st on my team sheet. :D

On the general subject, I don't think you can tell, over the years I have seen lower league players be successful at a higher level that I didn't rate and some that I did fall flat on their proverbials.

I think it's more of a mental thing, some click and look good playing with good players.

I think there are a lot of prem players that would look distinctly ordinary in our league, but work well with the guys around them.

Even when we went into the old first division there were players that were more successful than you might have expected (EG Trevor Tainton) thats why some scouts get a reputation as star finders, because it's not always about a players current form it's about how they think about the game.

Shall we say just slightly on the optimistic side to think all of those players stand much chance of one day playing in the Premier League.

More realistically I think there's a fair number who could play at first division level, hopefully one day with us, if we do finally succeed again in emerging from this wasteland of a division which we seemingly have become marooned in.

Premier League though. Coles, maybe but he would still have a heck of a lot of improving to do. Same also applies to Phillips, although he is developing into an excellent keeper at 2nd division level. Lita might one day, but still has it all to do at div 2 level, let alone the Premier League, but he has the potential, whether he goes onto fulfil that potential is another matter.

Matty Hill is probably one of those who could slot comfortably in at 1st division level given the opportunity. We are 'blessed' with quite a few defenders at present and although he maybe behind Coles and Butler in the pecking order for the central positions when we play 4-4-2 (and with the form of Butler of late that is questionable), anyone who has watched him regularly over the last 2 to 3 seasons, will realise that he is an important member of our unit of defenders.

I reckon there are a few that could make it.

Tommy certainly could if he sorted his disapinanery out, hes great on the ball and him playing with Premier League internationals for n.ireland, would help him alot.

Danny Coles - Great player now, imagine a season in the prem, playin next to some great veteran, where he can learn and make him a complete player.

Leroy Lita - a few years, i think he could play for any one he wants, the potential is defiently there.

Unless your a world class player (zola, van nistelroy ect ect) the most important thing you need to make it in the prem is to be a great athlete like robbie savage.

The only two players at city who would be able to hake it physically in the prem would be BURNELL and A BROWN

Out of the younger players Woody and Coles seem the most likely

Coles is the obvious one as everyone has mentioned.

Darren Hawkins is an exellent prospect coming up through the ranks, a good left winger who can score goals (aaron and Mickey watch out), When he gets his chance and settles in the team we will have a very good player on our hands.

Phillips was also reportedly being watched by West Ham last season so someone out there must rate him pretty highly.

• Admin
Tommy certainly could if he sorted his disapinanery out, hes great on the ball and him playing with Premier League internationals for n.ireland, would help him alot.

Are you Tommy Doherty? or Tommy's mum? or just a comedian!

Tommy's agent (allegedly) touted him to all the division one clubs in the summer and when no one wanted to sign him, he came back and signed the new contract with City.

on his last performance (against Premier League opposition) I think Woodman could definately make it in the premier!

My high opinion of Woodman's class was formed the day I saw him boss an U/19 game vs Arsenal two years ago. It hasn't changed.

My high opinion of Woodman's class was formed the day I saw him boss an U/19 game vs Arsenal two years ago. It hasn't changed.

I completely agree, on Tuesday once Woodman settled he passed the ball with more intelligence than the rest of the team apart from Tins. He has been the most impressive and consistant defender this season.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Tommy Doc is certainly made out for the Premier League as far as I'm concerned.. I think he's possibly the best in the Second Division.

Tommy's timing of challenges is brilliant, positional sense is sound, good vision and a very decent little distributor. I personally feel he's at his best when he's allowed to break through into more advanced position's, if he's allowed to express himself he'll shine, he show's glimpses of real quality with his quick feet. There's so much more to his game than just battling away.. what he lack's in pace he usually make's up for with determination. I think he's a superstar at this standard and I know alot of First Division club's are keeping tab's on him. There were official bid's from QPR, Oldham and Preston last season. Even Blackburn enquired about him just before he signed his new contract as they had scouts watching him most of the season (and probably still have?).

:Party27: Being fair to the doc he could make it but for one thing, he has all the stamina of a dead haddock.

The Premier League is the fastest paced league in the world Tomy would not stand a chance, he would barely last 5 mins at that pace.

Strangelly Burnell could probably do a job at prem level, only likely to ever be the sort of player in a flirting appearance team, but with his engine and ability to keep going for ever, and the fact that he seemed to be able to break up the attacks of an semi descent Prem side on tuesday, he could probably do it to a good few others too.

Phillips could, he is one of the best shot stoppers outside the prem, As an all round keeper i would say he's not a million miles behind David James, their shot stopping is not too far apart, and Phillips is only a bit dodgier on crosses, so he aint exactly a bad keeper.

Yes Phillips flaps at crosses, but how many goals has he cost us ? I can only think of one that sticks out this season and last and that was at wycombe, with a dodgy clearance, after a disgraceful piece of ungentelmanly conduct, when a wycombe player had a shot with the drop ball that was supposed to be given back to us meaning Phillips had to move about 15 yards from where he was, to make the clearance, and he cocked it up.

And considering in the last time Stowell had a descent spell in goal i can recall 4 goals he cost us in 2 games, 3 against Reading away and 1 against Brighton at home, and that is without even bothering to think.

*Merged into correct topic :D

Guest Hereford Ciderman
I'd put Matty Hill and Kevin amankwaah into the hat

Danny Coles has too be a def! Matty Hill a top div 1 club maybe! Kevin amankwaah i no people may disagree but i think top conf club or div 3!

I know alot of First Division club's are keeping tab's on him. There were official bid's from QPR, Oldham and Preston last season. Even Blackburn enquired about him just before he signed his new contract as they had scouts watching him most of the season (and probably still have?).

One small observation about this, if he was that good and all theses clubs from higher divisions were watching him they could have picked him up for nowt at the end of last season as he was out of contract, so something tells me this can't be true somehow.

I think Tommy is a decent player who could fit in most first division sides, but i believe the premier league is beyond him.

Danny Coles maybe one day could play in the premier league if he continues to get better at the rate he has been doing so, who knows about Woodman, not seen enough of him yet.

on my current champ man game lita is leading the line for England with a strike rate of 9 goals in 6 appearences, and hes not even 20 yet.

On my champ man game i bought Miller at the same time as city and by the time he was 24 he was worth £20,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if only city could sell him for that

Archived