IGNORED

Tinnion

SimplyRed

I just thought I'd ask.

After all, I don't want to be too forward in criticising him if he hasn't quite finished learning his job yet. whistling.gif

Or perhaps it's all these new signings that haven't been given time to 'gel' yet? (whatever that means) blink.gif

We (the fans) are not the ones who hyped up the pre-season with the implication that our new signings would see us through a glorious promotion season. So when the season starts with a whimper, aren't we (the fans) are entitled to ask why?

I don't accept that we have had two tough games against two good opponents. They are all tough games and nobody here can deny that they expected us to take at least 3 points from these 2 games before the season started.

It's not pre-season any more guys (in case you hadn't noticed). We are now playing for points. These are professional sportsmen who get paid to perform and should hit the ground running.

We have, theoretically, the top two strikers in the league and we haven't managed a goal in 180 minutes of football. Not that I blame them personally, but it says a lot about organisation and tactical nous.

Yes, it's only two games in and certainly we shouldn't panic yet with plenty of games to come, but Tinnion's credibility will continue to wane while the team turns in indifferent results. A lot of puzzlement and frustration exists because he seems incapable of getting the best out of his players when it matters.

Just as an example of hitting the ground running - take a look at Luton's first 2 games - not bad, eh? - and they're not even close to being one of the favourites for their title! dunno.gif

Tinnion's job may be safe for a while, but don't you think his reputation and confidence is taking a bit of a bashing right now?... unsure.gif

I agree with you SR.

The Doncaster result was very disapointing and tonight City were unlucky to be down to 10 men after 54 mins and to concede a goal in the last 2 mins.That said the facts are that City have 1 point from 6.

If City win at B'mouth it'll be 4 points from 9 and if they beat MK Dons 7 from 12.

But its all "ifs" and I'd rather be where Oldham are right now.

Two games without a win or a goal.I desperately hope that this is not another wasted season.

We drew a very close even game 0-0 on Saturday against a good side, a side we should beat, but a good side, not as good result but not terrible.

We then went to a side well fancied for promotion, always a tough place to go to, and I honestly couldn't see us getting a result tonight, a draw would have been great. We went down to 10 men and were very very close to nicking that point, but were robbed with a last minute goal.

Do you actually expect us to win every game or something? Yes no-one is happy with the start, but what the hell is the point in posting about Tinnion at this moment in time.

If you would have said to me we'll draw with Doncaster and lose at Huddersfield, I wouldn't have been happy, but I would have told you it wouldn't suprise me, as they are not weird results, drawing at home against a decent side and losing away to a good side with 10 men.

I would be worried if we had lost our first two games against Southend and S****horpe.

You seem to want to be able to come on here and say "I told you so" for christ sake give it at least 10 games.

I agree with you SR...

Gosh... not in agreement again, are we? laugh.gifwink.gif

I'm getting worried about you RR, your halo is slipping! whistling.gif

We drew a very close even game 0-0 on Saturday against a good side, a side we should beat, but a good side, not as good result but not terrible.

,snip>

You seem to want to be able to come on here and say "I told you so" for christ sake give it at least 10 games

I don't know how you draw that conclusion. dunno.gif

I'm merely posting an opinion about the way our season has started and the possible reasons why.

I have no axe to grind or hidden agenda and I certainly wouldn't dream of patronising anyone by telling them "I told you so".

Archived