IGNORED

A Serious Post

Franklin CITY

Agree with Franklin, Lansdown seems to have to much at stake to let tinman go and it seems to have become personal. We have made 1.5 Mil profit this summer plus 2 gigs at the gate which were money spinners, if we lost 1.5 mil last year the sales of players covered this, so where has the gig money gone must be a good 0.5 mil profit. If we are that financiaaly stricken then we should be told so we all know what the situation is and will ahve an understanding of why we are taking the route we are. The new stand has once again gone quiet and good job we have not started work yet otherwise the first home game would of been a lockout for city fans and that would not have gone down well.

I think we need some honesty from the board and staff about our situation and people may be happier, Lansdown must remember he was the one who gave wilson the money to spend in the first place and now we are suffering because of his poor finacial gambles to get us up.

Well said Franklin. At last, someone who talks sense. Most City fans are simelar to BT in that they can't take any sort of critisisim. I have always sttod by the fact that appointing Tins was the cheap option. DW had built a team that were genuinely feared in the lower leagues. Yes we missed out narrowly on two or three occasions but the team was solid and on a whole consistant.

We cant blame Tinman solely for the clubs demise over the last couple of seasons. Afterall, he's only doing what he thinks is right. If SL had never appointed him then he wouldn't be in the firing line. It's a monkey and organ grinder situation.

SL obviously has a very sound business head on his shoulders but success at a football club isn't purely based on how much money you have in the bank. Its about how many points you have in the bank!!!

For too long now City have been stiffled by a board that a) don't have a clue or b) care too much about their investment to see us mount a decent push for the promised land of the championship.

Agree with Franklin, Lansdown seems to have to much at stake to let tinman go and it seems to have become personal. We have made 1.5 Mil profit this summer plus 2 gigs at the gate which were money spinners, if we lost 1.5 mil last year the sales of players covered this, so where has the gig money gone must be a good 0.5 mil profit. If we are that financiaaly stricken then we should be told so we all know what the situation is and will ahve an understanding of why we are taking the route we are. The new stand has once again gone quiet and good job we have not started work yet otherwise the first home game would of been a lockout for city fans and that would not have gone down well.

I think we need some honesty from the board and staff about our situation and people may be happier, Lansdown must remember he was the one who gave wilson the money to spend in the first place and now we are suffering because of his poor finacial gambles to get us up.

I disagree......... Wilson was given very little money to play with cetainly in the first couple of years.

I think he did better with less if you see what I mean.

Guest SteveinNC
What a crackin' post. To be honest I hope that Tinnion demonstates his love for City by recognising what a dogs dinner he's making of managing the club and resigning.

I think Tinns is SO convinced that he can pull things around that he doesn't see his shortcomings.......(as the actress said to the bishop)! whistling.gif

I think Rod Stewart could do a job on the left for us!! (Couldn't do any worse than Stewart aginst Bournemuff! banghead.gif ) Not sure about that Diamond geezer though...

Great post mate... Do you think Mr Lansdown will read it?

The sad thing about this season and all of last is that Tinnion has been put in an impossible position by being appointed in the first place.

The debate about Wilson being sacked has been thrashed out many times on this site and in my opinion the wrong action was taken.

Lansdown took a suspiciously quick decision in appointing BT on the grounds of continuity but this backfired last season with most of the senior pros not feeling that he was any good and were not afraid to tell him so. So he gets rid of any one who has the balls to stand up to him and brings in young inexperienced players who wouldn’t say boo to a goose and some players past their sell by date you equally will not rock the boat because they are just happy to be employed. The exception  being Stewart who would have come to City regardless of who was Manager.

The result has been that a team which just needed some minor tweaking to get us up  (four years of continued improvement but admittedly the disaster of Cardiff) has been ripped apart (Tinnion’s words not mine) and replaced by a mixture of young lightweight  youngsters and injury prone or average third tier players. There is no team in the land which would achieve success with so many youngsters in the team. Just see how we are now crying out for players like Brown, Hill, Coles, The Doc and Lita.

The Board have turned this club into a selling club with profits for selling over 1.5 million during the summer. Also all the talk of the gigs at the gate with profit going into ‘cash flow’ ??

We are being stifled by the Boards lack of ambition and are constantly being fed the line that we should be grateful for all they do and how survival should be seen as success. Yes I remember 1982 and I don’t want those days again but for the sake of employing an experienced manager rather than the cheap option and a scape goat for trimming the squad then it would surly pay to invest a bit more rather than to give the perception of trying to sell any asset to pay of Directors loans rather than investing in a half decent manager.

Tinnion is in no position to resign cause his managerial CV to date is terrible. Lansdown will not sack him cause he has too much pride tied up in his appointment and later judge me by Brian comments.

The result ..  We are stuck in a catch 22 with a manger who will show case youngsters with potential which he is unable to unlock for them to be sold to more ambitious clubs in the future (who would have thought a few years ago that we would loose our best players to Reading, Hull, PNE, and to some extent cash strapped QPR?) But we will have a board who will be content for this to happen as long as they can get Chris de Burgh playing at the gate to satisfy the ‘safe’ music market.  Also don’t get me going of the ‘new stand’ con which will no doubt raise its head again come season ticket renewal time.

Tinnion was a great player but is an uninspirering manager who cant cope with any one who questions his ability. He potential should have been tested at a lesser stage than Ashton Gate.

Give him 10 games, till Xmas, till the end of the season ?? No Lansdown is in too deep with his appointment and I fear years of our clubs decline.. unless we get a board with vision to give us some hope.

The look of despair on Scott Davidson’s face  last week said it all to me.

Super post and I totally agree with your analysis.The mention of Scott Davidson brought back memories for me of some one who really loved the club and who I believed ,rightly or wrongly , went through the emotional rollercoaster of supporting City, just as I and other fans did.It was the last time I really had hope for the future.

Guest C.T.I.D
What a crackin' post. To be honest I hope that Tinnion demonstates his love for City by recognising what a dogs dinner he's making of managing the club and resigning.

after 3 games sack the manager and bring in somebody who could make us worse off disapointed2se.gif

give the team and staff a chance banghead.gif

Super post and I totally agree with your analysis.The mention of Scott Davidson brought back memories for me of some one who really loved the club and who I believed ,rightly or wrongly , went through the emotional rollercoaster of supporting City, just as I and other  fans did.It was the last time I really had hope for the future.

Scott Davidson, hmmm I remember. Yes he had his faults, but as a supporter I felt valued, something that has been completely lacking during this Steve Lansdown led regime.

I disagree......... Wilson was given very little money to play with cetainly in the first couple of years.

I think he did better with less if you see what I mean.

Not sure i think he spent over 600K on Peacock alone in one go as an example. He spent i reckon well over 2 million on players overall in his 4 years at the club and if we are 6.5 million in debt and have got roughly 2 back this year already that extra 2 million would only leave 2.5 Million and a lot smaller wage bill as well would of left us not much on debt at all. The chairman took agamble with his money and now has to get it back. I do not think he will walk away and just leave us but we should be told by him i took some risks it backfired and now we need to stabilise. Everyone would not be happy but at least we know what is going.

Instead we are in debt getting money back pleading poverty to the fans and then told we are going for promotion big time and sign to ex prem players and a welsh international who i am sure are on pretty good wages this is not stabilising it seems like another calculated gamble.

If we get rid of Tins we would have to pay his and Millens contracts up can we honestly aford this and then get someone else in.

Guest scrumpy dare
Not sure i think he spent over 600K on Peacock alone in one go as an example. He spent i reckon well over 2 million on players overall in his 4 years at the club and if we are 6.5 million in debt and have got roughly 2 back this year already that extra 2 million would only leave 2.5 Million and a lot smaller wage bill as well would of left us not much on debt at all. The chairman took agamble with his money and now has to get it back. I do not think he will walk away and just leave us but we should be told by him i took some risks it backfired and now we need to stabilise. Everyone would not be happy but at least we know what is going.

Instead we are in debt getting money back pleading poverty to the fans and then told we are going for promotion big time and sign to ex prem players and a welsh international who i am sure are on pretty good wages this is not stabilising it seems like another calculated gamble.

If we get rid of Tins we would have to pay his and Millens contracts up can we honestly aford this and then get someone else in.

just cus tins leaves it dosent definatley mean millen will.

Think if Tins go Millen will go for new man would bring in his own staff. Sometimes best to clear all the deadwood and start afresh. If the two together cannot do it what makes you think millen can do it. When Tins was palying he was in charge and some of his decisions were shocking, and Tins came out in public and admitted this.

I've always had Brian Tinnion down as the sort of bloke who would stand down if it were in the best interests of the club he loves?

Perhaps there could be a deal done, yes I know it all looks different when you have a wife and child to support......... but BT will one day just be another Manager listed against our club.

The more I read your post the more I feel inclined to agree with the 'Gamble' aspect........

Guest scrumpy dare
Think if Tins go Millen will go for new man would bring in his own staff. Sometimes best to clear all the deadwood and start afresh. If the two together cannot do it what makes you think millen can do it. When Tins was palying he was in charge and some of his decisions were shocking, and Tins came out in public and admitted this.

millen actually talks where tins don't.

Thanks Dorset cider for agreeing.

I think Tinman can do a job for us but we need some honesty from the people behind the scenes, chairman chief exec etc. as what actually is going on with this club. I think we have gambled a few to many times now and we seem to be fed what the board want us to hear

i.e 2 tier stand down to one tier then get your tickets capacity limited, we have not got the money, then no planning permission and then season about to start we now have permission. What is going on.

Leroy is going no where we need him to shoot us up, We are now considering offers after early bird deal is shut and they have our ST money then ok he can leave but only for our price extend early bird offer pre season starts, ST deal shut and surprise surprise he is off for we need the money then sign 3 players on major wages to try to keeep everyone happy and then told we are going for it this season.

The players we have are good quality and the team should be left alone for 5 games at least and give them a chance. All preseason no settled side and now 3 games 3 differant teams how are we going to gel.

millen actually talks where tins don't.

Well communication must be poor for when he was on the pitch Tins was barking out orders to the dugout and telling them what was needed. If Millen was as good as we hope he is Tins could of carried on playing, but i think he has no trust in him and that was why we needed a coach to help.

after 3 games sack the manager and bring in somebody who could make us worse off disapointed2se.gif

give the team and staff a chance banghead.gif

1. I talked of resignation, not sacking. 2. I see no improvement whatosever after I started to get the "Tinnion jitters" 12 months ago - somwhat longer than 3 games. 3. Port Vale on Saturday. Confident or hopeful?

Guest C.T.I.D
1. I talked of resignation, not sacking. 2. I see no improvement whatosever after I started to get the "Tinnion jitters" 12 months ago - somwhat longer than 3 games. 3. Port Vale on Saturday. Confident or hopeful?

Alex Russell fit.......Confident

otherwise hopeful

Archived