IGNORED

The Immediate Future.

mrevans

If we don't win at least 2 of these three games, do we say "Thank's Brian, but we need somebody who the players, the fans and the chairman have confidence in?"

Personally I think it's incredible how the optimism of a week ago has turned around so quickly. But then, if you start talking about having a squad capable of winning this division, you really need to back it up with actions on the pitch. 1 point out of nine doesn't really inspiore confidence in the manager.

If we don't win at least 2 of these three games, do we say "Thank's Brian, but we need somebody who the players, the fans and the chairman have confidence in?"

Personally I think it's incredible how the optimism of a week ago has turned around so quickly. But then, if you start talking about having a squad capable of winning this division, you really need to back it up with actions on the pitch. 1 point out of nine doesn't really inspiore confidence in the manager.

We must win both home games if not that will be 5 games with out a win

SL must start acting at that point or we face another season in this division or even the one below.

i agree these next three home games could be/will be/pray to god alimighty it will be the changing point of our season

port vale, mk dongs and barnet are not going to be the strongest teams we play all year - so hopefully they will give our strikers a chance to score which automatically will give the team confidence and 3 more games where hopefully the support of the fans will carry the team through to get a result.

3 more games where players can find form and positions

I'm just wondering if that for Port Vale this weekend, we should change our formation into a more attacking one to just bulldozer them out of the game.

something like this

----------phillips---------

--carey--heywood--partridge--

coterill--skuse--brown--smith/goldbourne--

---------stewart---------

----brooker--bridges---------

this team is very attacking with stewart playing in a postion where we know he can be effective but brooker can still be the target man and bridges can still trouble the defence - smith or goldbourne will provide half decent crosses at least for the front men (goldbourne and bridges were probably the only positives from the b'muff game) I think the 3 centre backs could be potentially very successful for us - carey and partridge can play half decent football and have some pace while hetwood can be our no nonsense player and mark the oppositions target man

skuse and brown can provide the tough tackling midfield but also have an element of attack to their game and will support both defence and attack and play the ball around.

Coterill can be the man who can give the full backs the run around - but desperatly needs to work on his final ball Another piece of tactics is for our left winger and right winger to swap around for 10-15 mins each half - this will worry the full backs and give them an extra problem

i think just behind the front two will be stewarts best position as i think we need brooker up front to win headers and we cant leave bridges out for the simple fact he's one of our best players by a country mile and he can dictate the way our team attacks.

Using this team will provide as much attacking ability as safely as we can without leaving our defenders unprotected. We also have gillespie, wilkshire, murray, keogh and smith as subs which allow cover for everywhere.

I'm quite proud of that team actually smile.gif

also any news on turnball??? dunno.gif

My God... If questions are already being asked about whether or not we should beat the likes of Port Vale, MK Dons or even BARNET!! What messages are going to be left on the eve of a game against the likes of Forest... Looking at the News of the World at the mo... And can someone please tell me who the ##** should we be worried about?? Forgeting of course ourselves!! banghead.gifranting.gif

My God... If questions are already being asked about whether or not we should beat the likes of Port Vale, MK Dons or even BARNET!! What messages are going to be left on the eve of a game against the likes of Forest... Looking at the News of the World at the mo... And can someone please tell me who the ##** should we be worried about?? Forgeting of course ourselves!! banghead.gif  ranting.gif

who questioned that we should or should not beat those teams?

who questioned that we should or should not beat those teams?

I think the original statement was in the form of a question?? By mrevans saying that he THINKS we need to win at least two of the games against the aforementioned teams states, to me, he questions the teams ability to beat them!

IF we are in fact worried by teams like Port Vale then don't you think we're in for a tough season? Looking at the league and with the current squad we have I think we can only beat ourselves!! Look past Forest and there is nobody there to worry about... IF we get things right... NOTICE BIG IF!

I think the original statement was in the form of a question?? By mrevans saying that he THINKS we need to win at least two of the games against the aforementioned teams states, to me, he questions the teams ability to beat them!

IF we are in fact worried by teams like Port Vale then don't you think we're in for a tough season? Looking at the league and with the current squad we have I think we can only beat ourselves!! Look past Forest and there is nobody there to worry about... IF we get things right... NOTICE BIG IF!

so you want us to go out onto the pitch and think we're going to walk over every team we play? that would be more of a mistake rather than thinking hang on Port Vale might get a few chances against us perhaps we should think about playing football against them rather than just walking it

so you want us to go out onto the pitch and think we're going to walk over every team we play?  that would be more of a mistake rather than thinking hang on Port Vale might get a few chances against us perhaps we should think about playing football against them rather than just walking it

How long have you had a coaching badge?? Perhaps your taking everything I say far to seriously? I am just stating that it is MY belief that we should be beating the likes of Port Vale, MK Dons, Barnet, Brentford, Oldham, Swindon, Hartlepool... should I go on? not walking all over them... PS do you come down from Watford to watch every week?

you lot have set yourselves up for this fall. you were far too cocky which was our problem last season

Who was? Some maybe but not me. Nine months the football season lasts not the first 3 games. I've watched city for the past 16 years and many others on here for 30 or 40 years. We are optomistic I'm not giving up hope that things will improve. If you've come to gloat cos you won one match more then us then fair play to you. But what goes around comes around and come May is time to judge not now. Remember that and you may not be so cocky with us next time. mad.gif

I don't think for a minute these teams are walkovers and we shouldn't treat them like it.

I can't believe our fans seem to have gone from supreme optimism to the depths of despair in the space of a week. I can understand the disappointment we are all feeling but if this turns out just to be a poor start to a good season, I don't mind. I will be worried if the poor results continue though.

So, what next? Part Vale, Barnet and MK "Franchise". Port Vale are probably the toughest opponents out of those three. They are definitely beatable and we should be looking to get threee points. Especially at home. If we win that one it should help the team's confidence. Failing that...

Barnet I'm not too worried about in terms of the result, but a morale-boosting win would help. I'd be more worried about the effect a defeat would have on the team and the management than being out of the cup. Being beaten by a team recently playing non-league football would be disastrous.

MK Dons. Can't abide the team. Hope we stuff them. They're likely to struggle so we should be looking for all points.

I'm not saying we should be looking to win every game at a canter but the pressure is on BT and he needs to produce. Or rather the team needs to produce. If we lost these games, which are definitely winnable, I think BT's position would be difficult to say the least.

you lot have set yourselves up for this fall. you were far too cocky which was our problem last season

I'm possibly going to take stick from a, so called, City fan from Watford? But not Swindon scum - SHUT UP AND GO HOME!!

We must win both home games if not that will be 5 games with out a win

SL must start acting at that point or we face another season in this division or even the one below.

[pedant mode] No it doesn't we could loose one and win one, that wouldn't be 5 without a win razz.gif [/pedant mode]

But i know exactly what you mean. I'll take a scrappy win against Vale, but one of Vale and Mk dons need to be well beaten, to restore some confidence. I'd like to see a 2-0 win at least against Vale, followed by similar wins against Barnet and MK Dons.

We can't afford not to win well i don't think, if we go into Forest away with low confidence we will not come away well.

A poor performance against Port Vale and I think Tinnion would have to walk. Wins against PV & MK dons, then it will be the Forest and Swansea games that will prove a big test of this team, poor performances in those games and I still think Tinnion should go.

Promotion is the aim, and the longer we go without looking capable of gaining promotion then I think Tinnions job has to be under pressure.

How long have you had a coaching badge?? Perhaps your taking everything I say far to seriously? I am just stating that it is MY belief that we should be beating the likes of Port Vale, MK Dons, Barnet, Brentford, Oldham, Swindon, Hartlepool... should I go on? not walking all over them... PS do you come down from Watford to watch every week?

i passed my coaching badge 2 years ago razz.gif

i know you said that we should be bewating those teams and we should but i was just defending the lad who started the thread as you claimed that just because we should some caution to the wind when playing these teams and not just think that we deserve to beat them.

what difference would it make if i did or didnt go to any matches (not supposed to sound mean if it did just a question)

Our goal this season has got to be promotion. My first game this season will be this Saturday against Port Vale (bar the friendly against Rovers) but judging by the comments by other fans I've heard so far people are genuinely worried by what they have seen so far.

And yes, my original post is questioning whether we have the ability to beat the teams mentioned with the management we have in place. I believe as a squad we are one of the strongest in the league.

I'm possibly going to take stick from a, so called, City fan from Watford? But not Swindon scum - SHUT UP AND GO HOME!!

hold on hold on

i was not giving you stick - i was merely stating that we shouldnt expect to win every game - but just aim to

just because my opinion is different to yours - don't give you the right to say I'm giving you stick.

and just because I'm from watford don't make me a 'so called city fan'. I'm just taking a complete guess but I'm going to say that a home game for you is from 0 to 15 miles away? i don't know if I'm right...a home game for me is 156 miles away....now i think i do damn well to go to every home game and every away game. The only away game i don't go to is Hartlepool because thats a bit too far.

ive been a season ticket holder for a good 7-8 years now and i wear my city shirt around watford with pride and laugh at the watford fans when they say "huh league 2 aint ya?"

just because i don't live in bristol don't make me any less of a city fan than you

I've said it since before the new season kicked-off... You have/had a very tricky opening few fixtures, I thought you'd at least score though. I don't think there are any excuses against Port Vale or Barnet, but MK Dons will be trickier than last season probably.

Fact is. The last few seasons you've failed to achieve promotion pretty much on the basis of a poor start.

hold on hold on

i was not giving you stick - i was merely stating that we shouldnt expect to win every game - but just aim to

just because my opinion is different to yours - don't give you the right to say I'm giving you stick.

and just because I'm from watford don't make me a 'so called city fan'.  I'm just taking a complete guess but I'm going to say that a home game for you is from 0 to 15 miles away? i don't know if I'm right...a home game for me is 156 miles away....now i think i do damn well to go to every home game and every away game.  The only away game i don't go to is Hartlepool because thats a bit too far.

ive been a season ticket holder for a good 7-8 years now and i wear my city shirt around watford with pride and laugh at the watford fans when they say "huh league 2 aint ya?"

just because i don't live in bristol don't make me any less of a city fan than you

A Bit of Passion - LIKE IT!! Good on ya!

Archived