IGNORED

Todays Ep

Robbored

Full article today in the EP about Amankwaah and several quotes from KA himself the most amusing being; :how funny:

"I struggled to get into the pace of it against Sheffield Wednesday but by the time of the Southampton game I'd got to grips with the speed of the game"

Just goes to show how much awareness of their own performances some footballers have.Ask S'hamtons Marsden whether Amankwaah "had got to grips with the speed of the game" or for that matter any Dolmanites who watched him labour to get back time after time.

The facts are that Amankwaah was way off the pace and everyone but him could see that.

Guest tone og1

:sport5:

I don`t think Amankwaah is up to First team level. Wilson should let go some of the players who are never going to be good enough. How much longer have we got to listen about how good Marvin Brown could be ? He has been in the reserves for too long now without moving up to the first team. Amankwaah is the same. He looked against Southampton that he didn`t want to be there. I know that Matthews has got potential to be reaaly good given time, but he can`t get a string of games together. Time to get them off the wage bill so they can afford Mark Robins or someone else as consistant as him.

• Admin

How typical of City fans, Amankwaah has 116minutes of football under his belt with the City first XI this season (84 of them against a player at LB who has played for ENGLAND in the last few years) and we've already written him off as 'useless' already! That's what's so amusing!

I sort of agree with Madger, Amankwaah was far better in the second half against Southampton but that was because he was so bad in the first half, he just didn't look at the races.

He really didn't display too much commitment at times as well especially defensively allowing Marsden acres of space and not tracking back a lot of the time.

Hopefully the more games he plays the confidence will start to come back and we'll see something resembling the Kevin Amankwaah before the accident.

How typical of City fans, Amankwaah has 116minutes of football under his belt with the City first XI this season (84 of them against a player at LB who has played for ENGLAND in the last few years) and we've already written him off as 'useless' already! That's what's so amusing!

I ask the question 'Why do people get on his back'

Simple unless you were at a different game Madger, you could see that the guy is struggling & as robbored says, he was ambling at times.

His body language & attitude was poor & to many turned in a reactive performance rather than a proactive one.

Yep OK many fans are quick to jump on a player, but when it looks as if he dosn't give 100% then paying fans have every right to be wary.

I do so hope he can regain that spark & enthusiaum, but at the moment Carey is by far the better option & thats showing how bad KA was. :D

Spot on. By all accounts he wasn't at his best in the short time he's had but we all know what he can do. His body language deceptively laid at the best of times, but once he's sharpened up in the first team I think he's a key component.

Pre-season against Leeds he was our best player in my opinion. He needs a run and he possesses the pace and unpredictability to cause havoc with defences.

In my opinion the kid could play in the Prem before too long.

we should be encouraging him not slagging him off!

Amankwaah was playing first team footie at Cheltenham regularly before he returned to City.There is no excuse for him not being match fit.

Last Tuesday he couldn`t be arsed to run back after attacking down the right.He simply ambled back as if he had all the time in the world,meanwhile leaving the RB space unprotected.

Not good enough imho.

Someone I know at work is a Cheltenham supporter and he told me that Amankwaah had his on and off days whilst playing for them, and that appears to be the case again with him once again playing for City.

I think he needs time to fit in with our team again IMHO. If nothing changes after the next few games then yes I don't think he should be playing first team football for the time being.

Archived