IGNORED

Dinning!

ciderup

Guest Bradwall Red

I met Dinning around the time of the 'whites of their eyes' meetings that Tinman had with each of his players. TD said that BT stated 'that he had brought him to the club to replace him in the midfield as he would have to concentrate on managing full time soon'. However around that time TD wasn't getting picked regularly because BT was picking himself all the time.

There was a definite clash of personalities between them and I'm certain that was the reason he found himself out of the club. TD got a massive amount of the blame for the result at Luton, but there were 9 other outfield players on that pitch who didn't perform also and no real mention was made of them in the post match interview. Doubt that did much to motivate TD.

I personally will not be booing any ex city player on Saturday. I just hope they have very average games for PV and we get the win we so dearly need to try and kickstart the season. The main thing the team needs now is a few goals to give them some belief that we can get results.

Dinning was an excellent signing and should have been given another chance. Look at the screamers he scored for Vale. How about he nets a cracker on Sat to end the reign of Tinnion. Who will the fans boo? Going back to the Luton game, I was there and Fortune, Carey, twom Tinnion favourites were awful, just as bad as Dinning and were they pushed out? No. Because they didn't dare question the knowledge of the mighty Tinnion. Dinning had is head srewed on he knew Tinnion was a #### manager and got out when th etime was right. Shame the board don't see what the rest of the world sees, Tinnion is not up to the job.

Guest North Street

I hope he recieves the mother of a slagging saturday.Unlike some i expect "effort" from our players and simply not being able to give a toss cannot be Brian Tinnions

fault. Dinning gave up, no respect for the fans, the club or his proffession and is no better than an oxygen thief.

um.....28 mins isn't exactly half time and he did sod all in those few minutes disapointed2se.gif

boo him everytime he gets the ball,he is probably expecting it so why disappoint biggrin.gif

Agree

Some of us have been saying all along that Dinning is a good player.

HAve some people now? Well i have failed to see it. I remember when Dinning was here, everybody slating him big style and saying we need to get rid, I cannot remember many people saying it was because he fell out with Tinnion, and even if it was, does that deserve his (Am I naughty or what!) poor performances?

Pathctic waste of space in my eyes, and because he has started of well at vale and Tinnion hasnt had the greatest of starts along come people blaming Tinnion.

Very Sad indeed.

Now some of those same people are saying that Dinning was a good signing but badly treated by Tinnion.....good grief... disapointed2se.gif

Many fans thought Dinning would be a good signing.

He like other senior pros, didn't seem to perform under BT.

Bad players or bad management dunno.gif

I don't think anyone on the pitch at Luton knew what was going on! - I think BT held his hands up - but certain players got the blame.

I think it is a weak excuse (argument) to think that Dinning secured a contract & then didn't want to know it.

Guest Tactical Genius
HAve some people now? Well i have failed to see it. I remember when Dinning was here, everybody slating him big style and saying we need to get rid

Yes they have, and even though open end so kindly reproduced the original within this very thread you have failed to see it. Well that says plenty about your ignorance.

Your task is to find me one post where I slated Dinning and said we needed to get rid.

Guest North Street
Many fans thought Dinning would be a good signing.

He like other senior pros, didn't seem to perform under BT.

Bad players or bad management  dunno.gif

I don't think anyone on the pitch at Luton knew what was going on! - I think BT held his hands up - but certain players got the blame.

I think it is a weak excuse (argument) to think that Dinning secured a contract & then didn't want to know it.

Some players can't or do not want to be motivated and as someone once said to me you cannot polish ****. A harsh statement but Dinning was employed as a player of BCFC on more than decent wages and the very least as a senior pro City should have got was effort.

Yes they have, and even though open end so kindly reproduced the original within this very thread you have failed to see it. Well that says plenty about your ignorance.

Your task is to find me one post where I slated Dinning and said we needed to get rid.

For one, i DID NOT SAY YOU slated him personally, show me one post where i did dude?

for another, saying I'm ignorant??? And theres you blindly and foolishly criticising English football whenever you can. Ok sure I'm the ignorant one.

Guest Tactical Genius
For one, i DID NOT SAY YOU slated him personally, show me one post where i did dude?

Your previous contribution was

I remember when Dinning was here, everybody slating him big style and saying we need to get rid

Blindly criticising English football? Go to the thread and counter my argument then. If you can.

Some players can't or do not want to be motivated and as someone once said to me you cannot polish ****. A harsh statement but Dinning was employed as a player of BCFC on more than decent  wages and the very least as a senior pro City should have got was effort.

He had a major fall out with his manager.

And up until this, he was a player that many fans demanded we signed.

Agree regarding efforts & application. But we seem to have a common trait with many senior pro's being moved out.

If you have half a brain cell you would realise that was not actually IMPLYING everybody.

The Edgar Davids thread was a classic example of your blind ignorance.

The Everton getting drubbed by Arsenal was another.

It appears to me, both of those threads were an excuse for you to say how poor the Premiership was, since you have some bizarre weird thing against it.

Guest North Street
He had a major fall out with his manager.

And up until this, he was a player that many fans demanded we signed.

Agree regarding efforts & application. But we seem to have a common trait with many senior pro's being moved out.

Surely when you have only been at new club for what felt like weeks you should be knuckling down not having major fallouts with the head honcho.Dinning left Wigan with many people there thinking the bloke was a bit of an anchor and i would say this seems to be a bit of a trait for Mr Dinning.He'd already stopped being the player we [me*****!} wanted prior to Luton which as some point out on here was the catalyst for peope to realise this bloke "is" taking the proverbial!

Guest Tactical Genius

I take it you missed Everton being outclassed by Villareal. They are a poor side to be in the champions league.

When Edgar decides to take his foot off the pedal in November, you will realise I was right.

I don't have any bizarre weird thing about English football. It just isn't all that the media make you believe it is. Those of us who can be objective can see that.

no mate, it isnt the media that made me believe its true.

You cannot see facts, you totally reject the fact of us having two semi finalist teams in champions leage and the fact an english team won it.

Doesnt make any difference to you does it? o course not, cus you hate english football it appears.

And even if Edgar does play poor, doesnt explain why you said the English Premiership is poor because he signed for a not so quality club like Spurs does it???

You said he couldnt cut it in Italy so went to England, Spurs are hardly our top clubs, I'm sure some mediocre italian teams would of loved to have signed him to, but maybe perhaps he WANTED to play in England??

I don't have any bizarre weird thing about English football. It just isn't all that the media make you believe it is. Those of us who can be objective can see that.

England is the most successful nation, in terms of winning cups in Europe, so how you can say that is a little strange. We dominated Europe pre-Heysel, and i think that we lost a lot in the 5 years we weren't allowed to play, as the game progressed to new levels. However, recently, since 99, we have started to compete, and now we have as many teams that could win the Champions league as any.

I take it you missed Everton being outclassed by Villareal. They are a poor side to be in the champions league.

Taking individual games as evidence is absurd. We would be here all night, quoting games galore if you took that root.

I was bored enough to watch Vale v Brentford on Sky the other night.

Bell and Dinning played well.

Dunno why we couldn't get the best out of Dinning - it wasn't all just down to him being a lazy money-grabber which is the common view.

Players who sign for City should be well up for it but it works both ways and he certainly put in a good performance for Vale in that game.

Respect to Mickey Bell - he deserves a great welcome back....l

Guest Tactical Genius
You cannot see facts, you totally reject the fact of us having two semi finalist teams in champions leage and the fact an english team won it.

Doesnt make any difference to you does it?

Apologies, I didn't realise the history of football started last season.

but maybe perhaps he WANTED to play in England??

I'm sure he did. After spending the best years of his career in the best leagues of Europe he has come here for a big final pay day, more money for less effort. At his age he's made exactly the right choice.

However, recently, since 99, we have started to compete, and now we have as many teams that could win the Champions league as any

Well that's not entirely true is it. In the 14 years since English clubs have been back in it they have won it twice, and produced no other finalists. Hardly the statistics of the best league. In fact the performances of English clubs in the UEFA Cup, which is a good guide to the depth of quality, is even worse with many clubs failing in the first round to clubs like Dynamo Lightbulb or other unheard of teams from places which nobody can pronounce.

But since you want to restrict it to 1999 onwards perhaps you can explain why Man U and Arsenal, who have blown everyone away in the league, have mustered precisely one victory each in the knock out stages in the past 6 seasons. Not a particularly good return, and it's not as though they are exactly knocking them over in the group stages either.

Taking individual games as evidence is absurd. We would be here all night, quoting games galore if you took that root.

You are of course quite right, but I'd have a larger database of games to draw upon than you. And if we are to take the most recent evidence available to us the performances of English clubs in Europe so far illustrate my point perfectly with both Everton and Newcastle being taught a lesson in keeping possession of the football and scoring more goals than your opponents. Unless of course you think that Liverpool's victory over a bunch of welsh window cleaners deserves a place in the "great european victories of our time" file.

Well that's not entirely true is it. In the 14 years since English clubs have been back in it they have won it twice, and produced no other finalists. Hardly the statistics of the best league. In fact the performances of English clubs in the UEFA Cup, which is a good guide to the depth of quality, is even worse with many clubs failing in the first round to clubs like Dynamo Lightbulb or other unheard of teams from places which nobody can pronounce.

I think you have misunderstood me. I said that we have as many clubs as any that can win- by that i mean we have at least 3 clubs- Man United, Chelski and Liverpool, who you can call genuine contenders. I feel English football has turned a corner, caught up with the rest of Europe after missing on 5 years, and i feel that English clubs will dominate the Champions league for the next 5-10. Mark my words!

Archived