IGNORED

City 1-0 Port Vale!

Rob_BCFC

Guest C.T.I.D
Its alright they can have one.

PARTRIDGE OUT NOW!!!! razz.gif

they got another......the belly scored banghead.gif

Cross by George Abbey (Port Vale), headed goal by Mickey Bell (Port Vale) (bottom-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Bristol City 4-2 Port Vale. Assist (cross) by George Abbey (Port Vale) from right wing.

must've been head height.....can't see belly getting off of the ground biggrin.gif

Well, not sure if I am overall pleased to be two up, or disappointed its not totally over.

In fairness, this is much more how I thought this part of the season would go - scoring goals but iffy at the back. Still worrying the chances we have let them have - could easily have been 4-4!

Guest C.T.I.D
Ah but Millwall havent got a goalie in the goal.  Theirs got sent off and there wasnt a spare one on the bench, so really that scoreline isnt fair.

Dollymarie

leroy can't score and they haven't got a goalie w00t.gif

Guest C.T.I.D

5 shots to our none this half but according to the commentry our defense is better and phillips is keeping us in this game with some top saves banghead.gif

cotterill on now for murray....should give vale problems for 10 mins dance.gif

Guest C.T.I.D
Who cares. City are going to win  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif

bloody 3 - 2,could've went bottom with a loss and would've given me some ammo,for the stick i had for us being bottom disapointed2se.gif

Well, a win is a win, which is just what the doctor ordered.

Will wait for reports from somebody who was there to get a view on our defense. Sounded like Phillips was the busier goalie! According to Bristol World, they had 18 shots to our 10!

Sounds like we played a defensive 2nd half to hold onto the win????

Sounds like we played a defensive 2nd half to hold onto the win????

Yep - and in the circumstances, that was I am sure right. However the first half it sounded like neither team could defend for toffee.

I do not generally go in to 'sack everybody' after a defeat, and likewise do not think we will storm the league because of this result, great and needed as it was. It did sound like we were weak at the back for a lot of the game.

Lets hope we push on from here. Only worried that with the exception of us and Forest, most of the fancied teams have got off pretty strongly. Would not be a huge surprise if the top four and bottom four were in similiar positions come the end.

I always said as we 'gell', I would take 15 points off the first 10. If we can win the next one, we will suddenly be tucking in to midtable. Got to give it ten games before jumping to to many conclusions.

Guest barmpot
Report from the game via a text.....

midfield weak and no communication at the back.

Dollymarie

Idiot!!!!!!!...go back to bed and stfu!...do you actually know what a midfield is?????

jesus christ!..... doh.gif

Report from the game via a text.....

midfield weak and no communication at the back.

Dollymarie

Port Vale dominated the game from the point of 4-0. Simple as that.

Lots of work to do, but a win neverless city.gif

Idiot!!!!!!!...go back to bed and stfu!...do you actually know what a midfield is?????

jesus christ!..... doh.gif

Sorry?!!? Why does somebody getting a text saying that the opinion of somebody at the game is that our midfield was weak, and we lacked communication at the back, make them an idiot?

Archived