IGNORED

City 1-0 Port Vale!

Rob_BCFC

\o/\o/\o/ WE WON \O/\O/\O/

Well, before today I had seen a total of 6 goals in my last 7 games at AG. Doubled that today Big Grin

First 30 mins we showed why we're favourites to win the league. We completely outplayed PV. First to every ball, and were deserving of the 4-0. Then we shut off. Nice to see Mickey Bell scoring, though it was odd to be clapping after we conceded Big Grin

2nd half was dire. Phillips made a Premiership class double save, but really that was it.

The ref was great first half, then maybe he died for the 2nd half or something? He was abysmal. Not just 'abysmal', but dreadfully bad. He made simple decisions wrongly, and near the end gave us a goal kick that was the most blatant Port Vale corner Big Grin

Overall, delighted we won. Delighted to see super-captain Brooks score twice :*) and more delighted to see Marcus Stewart's first goal for his boyhood club.

This should kick start our season, mon

Guest barmpot
Sorry?!!? Why does somebody getting a text saying that the opinion of somebody at the game is that our midfield was weak, and we lacked communication at the back, make them an idiot?

Oh sorry,i didn,t know you were trying to slip her 1.

I called her an idiot for putting a comment like that on,because,in my opinion,it was idiotic.Is that ok with you?....idiot!! doh.gif

Guest C.T.I.D

I called her an idiot for putting a comment like that on,because,in my opinion,it was idiotic.Is that ok with you?....idiot!! doh.gif

wind yer neck in.......idiot devil.gif

Its a free country, you can say what you like.

I can also ask what I like. So it was idiotic because? Or was it just idiotic because it was idiotic? I was not at the game, but compared to some of the comments on here this seemed like in depth football analysis to me farmer.gif I was genuinly puzzled.

And whether Dollymarie has a willy or not is of no relevance to me whatsoever. Frankly, your comments look silly - regardless of your sex, sexuality, or race.

Guest barmpot
Enlish? Ok, we won, many of us are going to be on the juice. I'll put it down to that.

So what did you think of the midfield and defence, accross the 90 mins?

Fair call,ok lets have an opinion on the game.

Defence

Phillips kept us in it,got to admit that.Partridge,even at 4-0 up still looked uncomfy,and gifted them their 1st goal.Didn,t seem to be on the same wavelength as Carey(best game for us since he came back by the way].Heywood looked subdued.Golborne was sound going forward,but was found wanting tracking back,and has to hold his hand up for letting Port Vale back in to the game.

Midfield.

Centre midfield of Skuse and[surprisingly]Wilkshire played a holding role.The threat came in abundance from Scott Murray and Scott Brown[linked up with Stewart superbly]resulting in 4 long awaited goals,a screamer from Scotty Murray the pick.We lost our momentum when Scott Brown went off,and then Murray.

Overall a welcome win,and an exciting win,although obvious flaws in the defensive side of our game.

But what the hell do we want?????...I, personally will settle for the 4-2 unpredictable game I saw today every week.What I don,t care for is a second hand post saying what supposedly happened at a game,which is the reason I responded in the 1st place.Maybe it got a bit heated,but WTF.If it gets heated for the next 8 months,and the results are the same,I won,t give a phuq!

Must confess have not seen Partridge play yet. Always dfiicult to judge a defender to early on, as it is certainly a team game back there. However, two of the last three goals we have conceeded have been directly down to him.

Lets hope he settles down quickly.

Guest barmpot
Must confess have not seen Partridge play yet. Always dfiicult to judge a defender to early on, as it is certainly a team game back there. However, two of the last three goals we have conceeded have been directly down to him.

Lets hope he settles down quickly.

Agreed.I must have been bored or fed up,probably both,so I actually watched Wales for 20 mins or so.He looked the part for them,no doubt,so hopefully he will bed in soon.He has to really.

As a unit though,I still think we are lacking a leader as such.Everyone has been touting Heywood of late,but on today,s showing its got to be Carey.We also need to link up with the midfield like we did today.Goals will come for sure.

Anyway..a win is a win,and as you rightly deduced,the juice is flowing..so.....cheers!

Moron?  i express an opinion about a post a dizzy bird puts on here,and you all come out screaming in her defence?...Idiots!!

Maybe because I was only posting somebody elses comments, and I do know what a mdifield is, despite the fact I am a girl and I don't have a willy, I still understand the game of football!

You're the intolerant one, if a man had posted that sort of comment would you have jumped on it, probably not so as somebody said wind your neck in and SHUT UP!

Thanks to all those who stuck up for me.

Shocking comments from a bloke. Who cares this is a forum for peoples comments. People see a game differently than others. You don't have to agree with all their comments. Imo Partridge was at fault for 2 of the goals. There was no communicating at the back they all looked like strangers. Brooker was excellent up front and is always committed. But there is still no leader on the pitch.The players need to talk to one another more. Can't understand why we play 4-4-2 sometimes as well as we never seem to use the wings to the best of out ability. Cotterill has pace but tends to lose the ball too easily but hey thats just my view of the game! biggrin.gif

Archived