IGNORED

Don't Blame The Midfield

gavlin

Don't blame the midfield, part of the problem is the back four play to deep as can be seen by the number of offside's Port vale gave away.

It means there's a big hole in between Partridge, Heywood or Fortune and Skuse, Wilkshire which Port Vale exploited by one of their midfield players time after time. If the back four pushed up more then the midfield would only half to worry about what's in front of them.

Don't blame the midfield, part of the problem is the back four play to deep as can be seen by the number of offside's Port vale gave away.

It means there's a big hole in between Partridge, Heywood or Fortune and Skuse, Wilkshire which Port Vale exploited by one of their midfield players time after time. If the back four pushed up more then the midfield would only half to worry about what's in front of them.

In the 2nd half yesterday, we had a back EIGHT - because our midfield had backed off so much - some would say to close the game down.

So we now close the game down in the 2nd half when 2 goals in front? If that's the case I may as well go home at half-time.

The last thing I want to see at the Gate is my team on the back foot. When we went 4-0 up we should have stepped up a gear and DESTROYED them, but no, we sit back. banghead.gif

If you follow SimplyRed's perspective,its all Tinnion's fault and nothing to do with the midfield.

City win 4-2 and still he comes out with negative stuff.

[sigh] If you would care to read my posts RR, you would gather that I'm obviously happy with the result. But that's as far as it goes.

If you were happy with the way we played yesterday and Tinnion's tactics in the 2nd half that's fine - your choice. I'm afraid my standards are a bit higher. dunno.gif

My 'negativity' as you like to call it, stems from the fact that the performance of the team as a whole was far less than the sum of its individual constituents.

That means we are not using players to their full potential, and the only person you can blame for that is Tinnion.

We seem to get in the habbit of sitting back to defend instead of pushing out.Why do we do it constantly.When i used to play defence and we cleared the ball we used to push straight out.We were lucky to win that game in the end after an amazing half hour.I'm just glad we did win but i still wasnt convinced at how we played for 60 mins.A lot of people i spoke to want tinnion out because his tactical knowledge is shoddy to say the least.They were even saying that they wouldnt of minded losing because that would of been that extra nail in his coffin.

In the 2nd half yesterday, we had a back EIGHT - because our midfield had backed off so much - some would say to close the game down.

So we now close the game down in the 2nd half when 2 goals in front?  If that's the case I may as well go home at half-time.

The last thing I want to see at the Gate is my team on the back foot.  When we went 4-0 up we should have stepped up a gear and DESTROYED them, but no, we sit back.  banghead.gif

Listening to what MS says. it looks as if he was instructed to drop back into a hole left side.

3 points are welcome, but tactically it looks as if it could have backfired, if it hadn't of been for Philips.

As a unit we find ourselves 4-0 up & PV shouldn't have got a sniff.

As SR says, seems like the result is far better than the performance.

If you follow SimplyRed's perspective,its all Tinnion's fault and nothing to do with the midfield.

City win 4-2 and still he comes out with negative stuff.

Listening to MS, it appears that tactically he was asked to drop back & it appears from what I read that we then let them dictate.

So could we say it WAS the managers shout? dunno.gif

Listening to what MS says. it looks as if he was instructed to drop back into a hole left side.

Errm, no great mystery here RB, the manager has been quoted as saying the same thing. We went 4-5-1 and let them play in front of us in the second half to protect the lead we had ...

3 points are welcome, but tactically it looks as if it could have backfired, if it hadn't of been for Philips.

As a unit we find ourselves 4-0 up & PV shouldn't have got a sniff.

... were you at the game? Phillips' key saves were in the first half and therefore before the change to 4-5-1. So poor were both defences in the first 45 mins that the half-time score could have been anything up to 4-4, fate decreed things in our favour.

What it all suggests (to me) is not that the manager got the tactics wrong but that, if we hadn't taken our early chances and they had, we would have been in deep doo-doos ... for me, there is a bit of work to be done on the training ground organising a defence that is solid without needing to get ten men behind the ball.

If this happened,if that hadn't happened.WAKE UP,WE WON(not if,fact)

I will gladly accept poor performances in every game,in exchange for 3 points.We finally played the high tempo passing game that Tinnion wants from his players(albeit only for 30 mins) and look at the result of that.Only when the players got lazy did things start to go wrong.

Some of you seem to like if's so try this one:-

If we had converted one loss to a draw,or one draw to a win last season,we would have made the play-offs.How many adverse comments would Tinnion got then?

I don't think it is the defence or midfields jobs I think you have to look at the manager who in my mind tactically does not have it. i still can't get over him putting Stewart back to left wing after admitting that it didn't work at Bournemouth. He switched the team round to much in my mind

Archived