IGNORED

Director Of Football

fingers

How about a Manager Of Football

When is one of those going to be appointed?

When SL relizes its time, hopefully soon. Going back to the original point, yes, i think it would lift the whole club, supports, fans ect and would give us alot of momentum. Then if we was too loose on Saturday, it would go back to the same routine.

Quick question: if City announced that they had appointed a Director of Football, someone fairly well-respected, would those in the Tinnion OUT! brigade, then get off his backs for a few weeks to see if results improve?

Judging by our assistant it would probably end up being Mickey Bell, so, no!

Quick question: if City announced that they had appointed a Director of Football, someone fairly well-respected, would those in the Tinnion OUT! brigade, then get off his backs for a few weeks to see if results improve?

Follow up question: does anybody actually know what a Director of Football does? Didn't Dalglish become DofF when Barnes was made manager of Celtic? Wasn't that a rip-roaring success, appointing a well-respected person, with a truck load of medals and managerial success, to oversee a novice manager. Iverness Cally anybody?

It can also signal the nail in the coffin of the manager - When Bryan Robson was given the "support" of Venables at Middlesborough, it made his position a mockery, and it wasn't long before he went.

I'm sure there are other examples (Houlier to Evans at Liverpool??) but I can't be bothered to do my research. Fact is, they don't work, and represent part 1 of the sacking process.

I'm sure there are other examples (Houlier to Evans at Liverpool??) but I can't be bothered to do my research.

No: they were co-managing the team. Probably even worse than DofF.

How did they pick teams? Take it in turns like the playground? Rock-Paper-Scissors? One has the left sided players, the other has the right and they arm-wrestled for the keeper?

How did they pick teams?  Take it in turns like the playground? Rock-Paper-Scissors?  One has the left sided players, the other has the right and they arm-wrestled for the keeper?

Lordy knows how it worked when we had 3 co-managers - Top Trumps?

How would you know who to sack first?

Lordy knows how it worked when we had 3 co-managers - Top Trumps?

How would you know who to sack first?

Rumour has it they lay in a shallow pool of water, hooked up to some fancy medical gear, and had visions of the line up, rather like the 3 sentinels (or whatever they were called) in Minority Report.

Follow up question:  does anybody actually know what a Director of Football does?  Didn't Dalglish become DofF when Barnes was made manager of Celtic?  Wasn't that a rip-roaring success, appointing a well-respected person, with a truck load of medals and managerial success, to oversee a novice manager.  Iverness Cally anybody?

Surely gave us the greatest ever pun though? 'Super Cally Are Fantastic Celtic Are Atrocious'. laugh.gif

Archived