IGNORED

Scott Brown

Rob k

He is better than Skuse though.

The mess in midfield is Tinnions doing. If he wants to let players like Dinning and Doherty go for next to nothing, and replace them with Skuse and Brown, then expext promotion.

I think Brown has potential, and shows a few glimpses of becoming a good player. But he definately isn't yet good enough to warrant a permanent first team place.

The mess in midfield is Tinnions doing. If he wants to let players like Dinning and Doherty go for next to nothing, and replace them with Skuse and Brown, then expext promotion.

I think Brown has potential, and shows a few glimpses of becoming a good player. But he definately isn't yet good enough to warrant a permanent first team place.

DINNING?!?! blink.gif This is some kind of joke?

This season playing with wilkshire skuse has done the jobs of 2 men in midfield and has been the only player who would run his ass off for the shirt, and manager. As for brown, runs a lot, puts ina tackle loses the ball, same as doc then

Scott Brown is great.

Vying with Brooks for player of the season so far.

Tackles well and puts the effort in.

He's technically good, can pass and even shoot well.

No offence but player of the season 5 games in?! Brown! How can you look past phillips? Single handedly won the game against port vale, should have lost 6-4, and got us a point on saturday.

I find it utterley unbelivable that anybody can think he is an able replacment for Doc, he cant pass aswell, he cant tackle aswell, he not two footed, the only thing he does better is run around like a headless chicken!

Brown is quicker, fitter, more professional and shows better discipline. He can last 90 minutes. He might not have the same natural talent as Doherty but he's not bad at all and his hard work will more than make up that difference in time. Brown will continue to improve as he gets older. Doherty won't improve.

Nibor

Brown is quicker, fitter, more professional and shows better discipline.  He can last 90 minutes.  He might not have the same natural talent as Doherty but he's not bad at all and his hard work will more than make up that difference in time.  Brown will continue to improve as he gets older.  Doherty won't improve.

Nibor

I don't mind brown but all this talk of working hard, running etc. I would do that, that does not make the footballer. What he does when he has the ball, makes him a footballer. At the moment he is a worker, a good worker, but he isnt a good footballer, not yet anyway.

Of course with the expert coaching on offer he can only improve!!!!!!!!

No offence but player of the season 5 games in?! Brown! How can you look past phillips? Single handedly won the game against port vale, should have lost 6-4, and got us a point on saturday.

None taken, that's why i qualified the point with so far.

Yeah SP has been good too but i expect that of him.

Brooker and Brown i have doubts over so am pleasently surprised by some of the contributions so far

I don't mind brown but all this talk of working hard, running etc. I would do that, that does not make the footballer. What he does when he has the ball, makes him a footballer. At the moment he is a worker, a good worker, but he isnt a good footballer, not yet anyway.

Of course with the expert coaching on offer he can only improve!!!!!!!!

Disagree completely. What you do without the ball is just as important as what you do with it. Brown wins the ball alot, pressures the opposition and when he has the ball he can pass it well. He's definitely a good footballer.

Bradley Orr on the other hand...

Nibor

Disagree completely.  What you do without the ball is just as important as what you do with it.  Brown wins the ball alot, pressures the opposition and when he has the ball he can pass it well.  He's definitely a good footballer.

Bradley Orr on the other hand...

Nibor

I'm not convinced i'll be honest as for orr really average, when you come to club on the back of captaining a reserve side you know your in trouble.

I like Brown. At least when he gets the ball he brings excitement to the game and he tries to play football. No one is saying he is the finished article but his effort and commitment can't be questioned surely?

I like Brown. At least when he gets the ball he brings excitement to the game and he tries to play football. No one is saying he is the finished article but his effort and commitment can't be questioned surely?

All you can ask of any player is that they give their best. Brown does that so he's ok by me. He was the only one at times in the first half who got stuck in and gave the crowd something to get stirred up about.

I find it utterley unbelivable that anybody can think he is an able replacment for Doc, he cant pass aswell, he cant tackle aswell, he not two footed, the only thing he does better is run around like a headless chicken!

whats the point in comparing the two players doherty has gone we have to get on with that, in my veiw it was time for tommy to leave he couldnt last 90 minutes and his discipline was unacceptable, Now we have scott brown a good hard tackling midfeilder he has got great ability. he is not afraid to get stuck in and he is well disciplined. so instead of criticising the team at every oppurtunity(bad spelling) lets get behind the team chant6ez.gifcity.gif

Don't think i can remember a player as fit as Scotty Brown the lad does'nt stop running!As someone said above he was the only one getting stuck in on saturday.Not a bad shot which hit the bar,and has'nt he got a couple of assist's already!.So he can run,tackle,pass and shoot.

He should never be in our first team. whistling.gif

If you think that Brown is better than Skuse then you must be blind. Infact if you honestly think that Brown is half the player that Skuse is, then again you are blind.

Scott Brown is a trier yes, but a half decent footballer - no. Constantly finding himself out of position means that he is poor off the ball and with it he ain't much better.

With him clogging up and consistently failing to run our midfield we have no hope of promotion.

I repeat, with a player of Scott Brown's standard (League 2 at best, probably Conference) we have NO chance of getting out of this league.

Wilkshire and Skuse please, although I'd like to have another look at Russell as well.

Scott Brown is great.

Vying with Brooks for player of the season so far.

Tackles well and puts the effort in.

He's technically good, can pass and even shoot well.

Player of the season can waite.Agree with the rest of it

though.But I cant forget last season away to Brntford They had

two big blokes in centre midfield and they bullied him out of the game!

If you think that Brown is better than Skuse then you must be blind. Infact if you honestly think that Brown is half the player that Skuse is, then again you are blind.

Scott Brown is a trier yes, but  a half decent footballer - no. Constantly finding himself out of position means that he is poor off the ball and with it he ain't much better.

With him clogging up and consistently failing to run our midfield we have no hope of promotion.

I repeat, with a player of Scott Brown's standard (League 2 at best, probably Conference) we have NO chance of getting out of this league.

Wilkshire and Skuse please, although I'd like to have another look at Russell as well.

your having a laugh aint you? brown was the only player playing at times on saturday, league 2 at best???? rofl2br.gif i also think skuse looks a quality talent and one to watch in coming years but brown was the only player getting stuck in and getting the crowd going on saturday him and heywood have been the bright sparks of the season so far and your saying he is a conference player where have you been this season.

your having a laugh aint you? brown was the only player playing at times on saturday, league 2 at best???? rofl2br.gif i also think skuse looks a quality talent and one to watch in coming years but brown was the only player getting stuck in and getting the crowd going on saturday him and heywood have been the bright sparks of the season so far and your saying he is a conference player where have you been this season.

Brown can attempt to get stuck in as much as he likes. That doesn't make him a good footballer. I have watched him at BCFC from his debut till his last appearance on Saturday and I will again assert that he is rubbish. Little or no end product, caught out of position, poor marking, never in position, no creativity, no threat from set pieces, weak in the tackle, no footballing brain etc

If he starts more than 30+ games for City this season then that will be a sure fire sign that our squad is infact not as strong as everyone thinks. Can you imagine him lasting the pace in the Championship??!! haha

Honestly, I bet you he will be at Cheltenham or Forest Green in 2 years time.

Brown can attempt to get stuck in as much as he likes. That doesn't make him a good footballer. I have watched him at BCFC from his debut till his last appearance on Saturday and I will again assert that he is rubbish. Little or no end product, caught out of position, poor marking, never in position, no creativity, no threat from set pieces, weak in the tackle, no footballing brain etc

If he starts more than 30+ games for City this season then that will be a sure fire sign that our squad is infact not as strong as everyone thinks. Can you imagine him lasting the pace in the Championship??!! haha

Honestly, I bet you he will be at Cheltenham or Forest Green in 2 years time.

everyone is entitled to their view mate but i think you are totally wrong on scott brown to say that he is rubbish is ridiculous i cant personally think of a better midfield player we have at the club at the moment. tenner bet says he wont be at cheltenham or forest green in 2 years time snack.gif

Who is a threat from our set pieces then? He's not usually forward for them anyway.

He's set up a couple of goals this year already. And had a shot that hit the bar. He's not weak in the tackle at all. If he's weak what is Skuse?

Technically he's fine. You don't notice that he gives the ball away more than anyone else.

Caught out of position AND never in position???

The guy's been our best player on about three occasions this year so far. Unlike many other players at our club he doesn't dissapear and always makes an impact. What he does infact is make other players on our side work harder.

Who is a threat from our set pieces then? He's not usually forward for them anyway.

He's set up a couple of goals this year already. And had a shot that hit the bar. He's not weak in the tackle at all. If he's weak what is Skuse?

Technically he's fine. You don't notice that he gives the ball away more than anyone else.

Caught out of position AND never in position???

The guy's been our best player on about three occasions this year so far. Unlike many other players at our club he doesn't dissapear and always makes an impact. What he does infact is make other players on our side work harder.

Thank you!!!!! i couldnt believe what i was reading and i thought i was the only one who shared this view

Everyone's got there own opinions but sometimes they're just plain wrong.

As the founding member of the I hate Joe Burnell and all other non skilled central midfielders who just run around and kick people club (catchy huh?) i think Scott's good.

Archived