IGNORED

Orr To Start

BCFC Grim

It's a bit worrying that Orr will be starting as I assume that means we're going back to a 4-4-2 formation (unless Skuse or Brown get's dropped). Last week we looked much better playing a 5-3-2 (3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 or whatever you wanna call it) formation and now it seems he's going to ditch that and go with a flat-back 4 and an ultra defensive midfield with Brown out wide-left.

5-3-2 seems to fit in more with our strengths and it also allows Scott Brown to play in central midfield which is his best position by far. It would also allow us to play either Bridges or Gillespie in the hole behind a front 2 to provide us with some creativity. 5-3-2 also makes better use of Scott Golbourne's abilities as he's better going forward than defending and thus a wing-back role suits him better than a standard left-back role.

To me playing 5-3-2 makes much more sense than 4-4-2.

However, I may be totally wrong with the above as predicting Tinnion's starting line-ups is notoriously difficult.

It's a bit worrying that Orr will be starting as I assume that means we're going back to a 4-4-2 formation (unless Skuse or Brown get's dropped). Last week we looked much better playing a 5-3-2 (3-5-2, 3-4-1-2 or whatever you wanna call it) formation and now it seems he's going to ditch that and go with a flat-back 4 and an ultra defensive midfield with Brown out wide-left.

However, I may be totally wrong with the above as predicting Tinnion's starting line-ups is notoriously difficult.

Agree with the last bit but how about this.

sod it. Can't work out those formation thingys

Basically we could play ORR Skuse Brown Golbourne in front of Carey Heywood Keogh. Bridges "in the hole" and Gilly brooks up front.

Decisions like this one baffle me, I predict that Orr will run around full of energy to absolutely zero effect.

We have 3 other central midfielders in Smith, Skuse and Brown who are available and significantly better than him.

If Carey is at centre back again I think I might cry.

Nibor

I somehow doubt he'll play Keogh, I reckon he'll play Carey again.

Orr is ok if we're away and playing a 5 man midfield and need to disrupt a good side, other than that he's awful and gives away half the balls he wins.

Brown on the left means that we are actually playing with no left midfielder because he's off roaming.

I think the team you mention would get slaughtered down the left side and lose the battle in the middle, resorting to aimless long balls to Brooker and Bridges would be anonymous due to lack of any service on the floor.

Nibor

IMO in the last few games I have seen we have not dominated the midfield. Skuse has got a lot of ability but at his age it is too much to expect him to run the midfield on his own. By playing the talented Skuse and the not so talented Orr it harks back to the Burnell / Doherty combination that was reasonably effective if not blessed with goals or creativity. This would free Brown and Murray for more attacking play.

I'm not Orr's biggest fan but he does get stuck in and will put in ninety minutes of hard work. And you never know maybe he's improved over the close season. praying smiley.gif

Scott Brown has got to go in the middle. No doubt about it. Would Man Utd play Roy Keane on the left wing??? I'd like to think that Tinman brought in players who he thought were better quality than what was already here in the summer. So why not stick Brown in the middle with Skuse and stick Smith on the left???

Scott Brown has got to go in the middle.  No doubt about it.  Would Man Utd play Roy Keane on the left wing???  I'd like to think that Tinman brought in players who he thought were better quality than what was already here in the summer. So why not stick Brown in the middle with Skuse and stick Smith on the left???

I'm thinkin he will play brown on the left.(3-5-2) which personaly isnt such a big problem, he played well against pert vale, set up 2 and worked hard. what more can you ask for. i know he drifts in the middle alot but it worked against vale so no reason it wont work against the U's

Lets all get behind the lads and cheer us on two victory! chant6ez.gif

city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

NO BOOING ranting.gif

Because I have seen him play many times before thats why

As we all have. A competitive player who will relish the opportunity to get a start and try to make the most of it.

Would help if the fans gave him a chance. Too much to ask no doubt!? whistling.gif

As we all have.  A competitive player who will relish the opportunity to get a start and try to make the most of it.

Would help if the fans gave him a chance.  Too much to ask no doubt!?  whistling.gif

Who is not giving him a chance ? I am expressing an opinion but would never do anything other than cheer him on when he is playing. In reality it doesnt take too long to assess a players ability and I am sorry to say that I don't think he is going to do a job for us . Would however be happy to be wrong!

Guest pentlandsl
0-0 thriller on the cards then.

Like our defense will stop the opposition scoring at the moment - unless we can score at least 3 goals I suspect another dismal failure on the cards.

Agree with the last bit but how about this.

sod it. Can't work out those formation thingys

Basically we could play ORR Skuse Brown Golbourne in front of Carey Heywood Keogh. Bridges "in the hole" and Gilly brooks up front.

Basically anyone in the team could be replaced and would not have any complaint, anyone coming in should be given 100% support from the fans because basically when you look at the table we can't get much worse. Brad may not be the best player in the world or even the league for that matter but he will certainly give 100% which is something which cannot be said for a lot of the team upto this point.

Basically anyone in the team could be replaced and would not have any complaint, anyone coming in should be given 100% support from the fans because basically when you look at the table we can't get much worse. Brad may not be the best player in the world or even the league for that matter but he will certainly give 100% which is something which cannot be said for a lot of the team upto this point.

I disagree with the effort bit. Everyone to my mind is giving 100% to the best of their current form/ability. We are lacking in a mixture of direction and quality at the moment, not effort, as was underlined by our fightback last week and the way we held out (somewhat luckily) against Port Vale despite a barrage of pressure from them for most of the game.

Hopefully the quality and direction will return tomorrow.

Who is not giving him a chance ? I am expressing an opinion but would never do anything other than cheer him on when he is playing. In reality it doesnt take too long to assess a players ability and I am sorry to say that I don't think he is going to do a job for us . Would however be happy to be wrong!

U r exactly right. That is why I would have Brown in the middle and Smith on the left.

Archived