IGNORED

Where Was The Encouragement?

zookeeper

On todays performance I don't think you can blame anyones work rate and also desire but everyone looked demoralised and nobody was able to lift the team. The only person I saw giving encouragement was Bridges (and it was limited).

At half time nearly every member of the team and coaching staff walked off as if they were expecting a volley of abuse from the fans. Only one member of the coaching staff walked off speaking to players and geeing them up and this is OUR FAULT. They all looked scared to motivate each other. Keith Millen looked like he was at a funeral. I know it was a dire performance but it shouldn't be like this.

In the second half players were critising each other and this does not benefit anyone. If players need to be told something then fair enough but all too often it had the effect of the players dropping there heads.

I would like to see this change next week. I want to see Tinnion talking to his players. I want to see every player walk onto the pitch with their heads held high. The team needs a positive outlook based on everyone working for each other.

On todays performance I don't think you can blame anyones work rate and also desire but everyone looked demoralised and nobody was able to lift the team. The only person I saw giving encouragement was Bridges (and it was limited).

At half time nearly every member of the team and coaching staff walked off as if they were expecting a volley of abuse from the fans. Only one member of the coaching staff walked off speaking to players and geeing them up and this is OUR FAULT. They all looked scared to motivate each other. Keith Millen looked like he was at a funeral. I know it was a dire performance but it shouldn't be like this.

In the second half players were critising each other and this does not benefit anyone. If players need to be told something then fair enough but all too often it had the effect of the players dropping there heads.

I would like to see this change next week. I want to see Tinnion talking to his players. I want to see every player walk onto the pitch with their heads held high. The team needs a positive outlook based on everyone working for each other.

Heywood was encouraging at the back but yes I agree we need a leader and I'm afraid from what I've seen so far this season we still don't have a captain on the pitch sad.gif

Heywood was encouraging at the back but yes I agree we need a leader and I'm afraid from what I've seen so far this season we still don't have a captain on the pitch sad.gif

thats because we sold him. all because tins could not get along with docs.

we have lost our heart in docs

our solidity in defence - coles

and our pace up front - lita

are we surprised by the shambles we now see? I am not.

Our fault rofl2br.gif um no try the manager

thats because we sold him. all because tins could not get along with docs.

we have lost our heart in docs

our solidity in defence - coles

and our pace up front - lita

are we surprised by the shambles we now see? I am not.

I disagree I'm afraid. Doc was infact a bad influence as he kept getting booked for dissent. How can that be leadership qualities? Imo our best captain since Ive been watching city is Shaun Taylor and since he retired we haven't had a decent captain of his quality. Coles is a good player but his off field antics affected his on field relationship with the manager and whatever he felt for/against him it was his boss and he should respect him. Lita we DO miss and how we could have done with his pace today. Maybe Gillespie will find his shooting boots and prove he is worthy to play in the first team. city.gif

Yes it is our fault.

Whatever the manager has done he has not made the team fearful of being booed and it was obvious to me that this was the case.

The players are managed by the manager, if they aint performing or are nervy about playing in front of a hostile crowd hes picked the wrong ones.

The players are managed by the manager, if they aint performing or are nervy about playing in front of a hostile crowd hes picked the wrong ones.

Yes the players are managed by the manager but they are affected by outside influences (us) that the manager has no control over.

I don't know who I would have swapped out of the team today.

Yes the players are managed by the manager but they are affected by outside influences (us) that the manager has no control over.

I don't know who I would have swapped out of the team today.

I don't believe that we yet have a 'team' ........... we do have a collection of players but they don't play as a team and I also believe that BT has a part to play in that as he is the Manager of BCFC

Well if it's just a case of fans booing than in all honesty you should spread your gospel to any one of the other 91 football club fans forums on the net.

I do chuckle when the "Dolman Moaner" is seen as a unique sympton of Bristol City Football Club and is not seen anywhere else. I can't wait for David Attenborough to do a documentary on this phenomina.

Bristol City must have one of the most hard core, stalwart fan bases in the country. Whose expectaions are lifted and who whole heartly want the club to be successfull only to be let down time and time again. Who continue to invest in season tickets and support for many of the clubs fund raising schemes and then should sit in the corner quietly when all that means so much is in chaos.

Agreed patience is a virtue but I would have to argue that the 10,000 + souls are more than patient.

Poor football, poor entertainment is just that, no matter how patient you are.

If they employ a motivator / psychologist I shall be very very upset because SL sacked Wilson because he was against losing his psychologist

I disagree I'm afraid. Doc was infact a bad influence as he kept getting booked for dissent. How can that be leadership qualities? Imo our best captain since Ive been watching city is Shaun Taylor and since he retired we haven't had a decent captain of his quality. Coles is a good player but his off field antics affected his on field relationship with the manager and whatever he felt for/against him it was his boss and he should respect him. Lita we DO miss and how we could have done with his pace today. Maybe Gillespie will find his shooting boots and prove he is worthy to play in the first team. city.gif

Docs was largely a great influence much more than a bad one. we loved him under wilson. to think of selling him then would have been considered suicidal. he did not get on with tins once he became the boss, thats tins' fault as he's the boss and should know how to tackle man-management.

coles was also a cracker of a defender for us - he had just one publicised digression in the papers that i can remember - again under tins and rcently. - no surprise as he was obviously cheesed off as well - being roundly criticised in public is the short way for a player to want out.

in short tins has not got the respect of the dressing room - its that simple.

I don't believe that we yet have a 'team' ........... we do have a collection of players but they don't play as a team and I also believe that BT has a part to play in that as he is the Manager of BCFC

Of course he does. I won't say that he is blameless for our performances but I believe that we caused the tension in the players.

Well if it's just a case of fans booing than in all honesty you should spread your gospel to any one of the other 91 football club fans forums on the net.

I do chuckle when the "Dolman Moaner" is seen as a unique sympton of Bristol City Football Club and is not seen anywhere else.  I can't wait for David Attenborough to do a documentary on this phenomina.

Bristol City must have one of the most hard core, stalwart fan bases in the country.  Whose expectaions are lifted and who whole heartly want the club to be successfull only to be let down time and time again.  Who continue to invest in season tickets and support for many of the clubs fund raising schemes and then should sit in the corner quietly when all that means so much is in chaos.

Agreed patience is a virtue but I would have to argue that the 10,000 + souls are more than patient.

Poor football, poor entertainment is just that, no matter how patient you are.

Of course it's not just as simple as stopping the fans booing. We aren't unique in this but did you not see this happening at half time. I suppose it could have been that they weren't looking forward to hearing Tins half time chat. Maybe they were all tired (at least they didn't get cramp!!!).

Reading Tinman's post match interview I was also distrubed when players were appologising for them missing goals. I want them to stand up and say that I will be working hard and next time I will bag those goals.

Maybe I just miss Russell Osman's Escape to victory attitude "come on lads, I want to stay, we can win this."

Because its such a young side, i expect the morale 2 fall when the fans boo them, but the players need 2 use it as a kick up the ass, tinnion hasnt gt the ability to raise the sides morale,confidence and definitley has lost any motivation that he was giving the players, I'm afraid to say its time for him to go and if we get rid of him now theres time 2 bring in a fresh manager, that can hopefully bring us the promotion challenge all the fans at the gate deserve.

Archived