IGNORED

Steve L : Run The Club Like Your Business

headhunter

As my 'sign in' name suggests my day job is in senior level recruitment.

This week I interviewed a guy who had been with his present company 11 years. For 10 of those he had done exceptionally well and then last year, "sponsored" by his Chairman, he was offered and accepted a very big promotion.

It didn't work out and his CV shows him carrying that awful job title of Special Projects Director. He's under no pressure to leave but his once ascending star is now in descent.

This tale, until the last bit, mirrors Tinnion's situation at Ashton Gate and I'm sure if it was happening within Hargreaves Lansdown Steve would be ruthless - his business is successful ; recruitment is a lottery and can often go wrong.

In Tinnion's defence, what training has he had in man managemet, leadership, planning, organisation, communication - PROBABLY NONE.

I listened to him on Twentyman's show last night and he said all the right things and he does have the club's best interest at heart, does work all the hours, feels pain when we lose but the bottom line is he just can't get this instilled in [ most] of the players.

I went to the game full of hope and came away at possibly the lowest ebb in 38 years of watching - back to the dark days of Bob Houghton whose style of play made Pulis's positively Brazilian in comparison.

Keep Tinnion on but let him run the academy with Walshy. Clear out Fawthrop [been here too long] and Millen [clueless] and try Stan Ternent or go for Bald Eagle

This week I interviewed a guy who had been with his present company 11 years. For 10 of those he had done exceptionally well and then last year, "sponsored"  by his Chairman, he was offered and accepted a very big promotion.

It didn't work out and his CV shows him carrying that awful job title of Special Projects Director. He's under no pressure to leave but his once ascending star is now in descent.

This tale, until the last bit, mirrors Tinnion's situation at Ashton Gate and I'm sure if it was happening within Hargreaves Lansdown Steve would be ruthless - his business is successful ; recruitment is a lottery and can often go wrong.

In Tinnion's defence, what training has he had in man managemet, leadership, planning, organisation, communication - PROBABLY NONE.

I listened to him on Twentyman's show last night and he said all the right things and he does have the club's best interest at heart, does work all the hours, feels pain when we lose but the bottom line is he just can't get this instilled in [ most] of the players.

I went to the game full of hope and came away at possibly the lowest ebb in 38 years of watching - back to the dark days of Bob Houghton whose style of play made Pulis's positively Brazilian in comparison.

Keep Tinnion on but let him run the academy with Walshy. Clear out Fawthrop [been here too long] and Millen [clueless] and try Stan Ternent or go for Bald Eagle

Millen is not totally clueless; He knows how to fold his arms better than anyone I have ever seen. disapointed2se.gif

This week I interviewed a guy who had been with his present company 11 years. For 10 of those he had done exceptionally well and then last year, "sponsored"  by his Chairman, he was offered and accepted a very big promotion.

Top post 100% agree.

Tinnion has 100% passion and I am sure he puts in 100%, but he is out of his depth. He has 3 options:-

Walkaway now, which he wont do.

Admit that he is having problems and get somebody into help him e..g. Jim Smith or Paul Daniels

Wait to be sacked.

As things are going at the moment I think option number 3 is the most likely.

Excellent thoughts.

Many fans are feeling at a low ebb.

And I argee, put BT incharge of the Academy - the only worry being that the next manager had better watch his back ! biggrin.gif

Good post - full agreement.

Good grief!

Get things in perspective! City drew at home! and after missing several good chances in the second 45.

What an overeaction.

Like all City fans I left AG today very disapointed with only one point but I saw enough good play to be encouraged by the second half turn around.Keogh looks a good prospect,Brown and Skuse both played well and on another day (like against Vale) City would have scored 4 or 5.

It just didn't happen today - sod's law if you like.

Good grief!

Get things in perspective! City drew at home! and after missing several good chances in the second 45.

What an overeaction.

Like all City fans I left AG today very disapointed with only one point but I saw enough good play to be encouraged by the second half turn around.Keogh  looks a good prospect,Brown and Skuse both played well and on another day (like against Vale) City would have scored 4 or 5.

Not an overreaction, we only came good because we had a man advantage.

It's not happend at all for us this season bar 30 mins against Vale and 20 mins against MK Dons.

Can you honestly see any signs to suggest we could put together a 6 match winning sequence because trhat is what we need to put us anywhere near on tracj for auto promotion : ie 12 Games / 24 points [6 + 18]

Good grief!

What an overeaction.

Like all City fans I left AG today very disapointed with only one point but I saw enough good play to be encouraged by the second half turn around.Keogh  looks a good prospect,Brown and Skuse both played well and on another day (like against Vale) City would have scored 4 or 5.

And on another day, they could have been 2-0 down like they were against MK.

Overreaction - NO - just good honest observations from fans that are concerned that we should be doing better & not relying week in week out in the little positives we can gain, when we have our odd bright spell.

I think BT has won 19 of his 52 games - this season the ratio has worsened.

OK its only 6 games in but we are still so inconsistant & the performances are in the main dreadful.

While opinions vary - tell us RR, when so fans start to be a little concerned?

Good grief!

What an overeaction.

OVEREACTION!!. 1st half was pathetic 1 shot OFF target in 45 mins, much better in 2nd half but how many teams have to switch to 343 to get anywhere near a result AT HOME.

BCAGFC

Yes, we did create chances but the finishing was appalling- lacking in intelligence, precision and any sort of quality. I thought the first 45 minutes were truly embarrassing from City's perspective...really desperate, painful, inexplicably ordinary. It was like being naked in public...

We were playing Colchester! They had loads of players out injured, a bloke was injured in the warm up, one of their main defenders was injured during the game, they had 10 men.....

We lacked pace and quality. Our squad is mediocre. No one player is much better than anyone else. It was enough to make a middle-aged man lose the will to live.

I don't know what the solution is. We have a manager who is struggling (and i feel sorry for him because he has been brilliant for this club over the years) and a squad that is so, so, so ordinary. And it will go on and on...I see no end to it...defeats at Swanse and Brentford and etc etc Oh my god....

Good grief!

What an overeaction.

Over reaction??

we still have the same problems as we had wwhen tinnion took control about 60 games ago, the only difference as far as I can see is we now have zero midfield.

For god sake he dosent even know who to make captain, and put it into perspective Colchester should have been 1-0 up at half time, how different would it have been then.

We are not talking about 0-0 with huddersfield, notts forest but Colchester? a pub team

Yes, we did create chances but the finishing was appalling- lacking in intelligence, precision and any sort of quality. I thought the first 45 minutes were truly embarrassing from City's perspective...really desperate, painful, inexplicably ordinary. It was like being naked in public...

We were playing Colchester! They had loads of players out injured, a bloke was injured in the warm up, one of their main defenders was injured during the game, they had 10 men.....

We lacked pace and quality. Our squad is mediocre. No one player is much better than anyone else. It was enough to make a middle-aged man lose the will to live.

I don't know what the solution is. We have a manager who is struggling (and i feel sorry for him because he has been brilliant for this club over the years) and a squad that is so, so, so ordinary. And it will go on and on...I see no end to it...defeats at Swanse and Brentford and etc etc  Oh my god....

For Colchester, read Doncaster, Huddersfield, AFC Bournemouth, Port Vale, Barnet, Milton Keynes Dons. I am ashamed to be a BCFC fan after the first half NON performance today, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET IT RIGHT?, also, where are all the give him more time (happy clappy brigade) I CAN'T HEAR ANYONE!!!.

BCAGFC

Archived