IGNORED

Boosting Tuesday's Attendance

Ian M

• Admin

Having won 6 on the trot now (3 of which without our best player :D) the players deserve a good turnout on Tuesday. Now whilst historically crowds at Ashton Gate grow significantly when the team goes on a good run, it can't do any harm to point out to some of those floating fans what a great run we happen to be on just now :D

I know there's some of you out there who don't mind printing out flyers to leave in your local pubs/colleges/workplaces and that some of you have done so advertising the East End being open this Tuesday. Well I've knocked up a more general flyer highlighting the fact we're on a good run and just happen to have a home game on Tuesday :D

If any of you feel you could print some out and leave them in view of the general Bristol public tomorrow and Monday, it might just add a few people to Tuesday's attendance which all helps pay the wages down the Gate :D

Well here it is, cheers if you do help......

colu.jpg

• Admin
Great idea Madger - even if it does mean canvasing partime fans as well as new ones.... :D
Cheers. Hopefully a few of you will print some off and post them on noticeboards etc. If doing that just attracted 10 people that's an extra £100 to City in one game.

If people are willing to do this on a regular basis I can probably knock up a poster for each home game.

So.......if you are going to print some/one off can you let I know so I can guage whether to bother doing some in future?

Thanks in advance :D

well hopefully depending on what city reply to tommy's message about putting posters up at AG,i will be down AG early about 4:30-5:00 to put posters up by where people que up for tickets etc....and get some up on lamposts near pc world etc...

Great posters Madger

Firstly, fans spend time and money distributing flyers, advertising the fact that the East End is re-opening.

Now, fans are prepared to spend more time and money advertising our games, in an attempt to bring in more supporters, on the back of our recent winning run.

Admirable though it is, should it really be the responsibility of the fans to fund this sort of promotion? While I am grateful to those of you who make these sort of efforts, I can't help thinking that the club should be running similar advertising campaigns themselves.

Firstly, fans spend time and money distributing flyers, advertising the fact that the East End is re-opening.

Now, fans are prepared to spend more time and money advertising our games, in an attempt to bring in more supporters, on the back of our recent winning run.

Admirable though it is, should it really be the responsibility of the fans to fund this sort of promotion? While I am grateful to those of you who make these sort of efforts, I can't help thinking that the club should be running similar advertising campaigns themselves.

... one for that new liaison committee to ponder?

Exactly the sort of constructive ideal it should be looking to harness, as long as the spontaneity(sp?) isn't lost.

This was done on Saturday before the game started, but apparently by half time some had been taken down. Miserable Geordies :D

This was done on Saturday before the game started, but apparently by half time some had been taken down. Miserable Geordies  :D

Indeed :D

I was asked to put up some A4 flyers by Percy Parrot in the ladies toilets (for obvious reasons) and i came back shortly to use the convience and each one had been taken down!!!

Miserable so and so's :sport5:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Places Flyers could go:

Gyms

Supermarkets (Maybe City could arrange that 10,000 leaflets are put into carrier bags)

Sports shops

Student Unions

Maybe leaflets issued by the club could include £2 off the match ticket, or say "£1 kids ticket when accompanied by adult"

At the bottom of the form people fill in their details buying the ticket.

This means more people for the mailing list and maybe a few extra punters enticed

Archived