IGNORED

Between A Rock And A Hard Place

graham b

Whilst I'm not putting forward an application to the happy clappy club i must admit to feeling sorry for Tinnion on Saturday.

From his 22 outfield players he had six unavailable. 3 from international call ups, 2 from long term injuries and Woodman suspended.

For central defenders he had Fortune on the bench and no other choice.

For central midfield we could have had Smith G (on bench) or Harley.

In attack we could have had Gillespie (on bench)

No real cover for Murray as wing back though Smith J could do a job I suppose.

No real cover for Golbourne.

We were left with a midfield of no experience (all 20 and under) A striker carrying an injury.

Why were we put in this position (and I've read page 8 of the MKDons programme).... which stated ..... and finally because of the income from Sky. There were four other reasons given!

So our patched up team was as a result of a financial decision. Did Tinnion agree to it?. He may have said yes but it must have been under duress as I can't beleive he would have chosen to field a team without three internationals in a squad of already limited depth.

Whilst on this tack. On the previous Tuesday I watched Wolves playing QPR on Sky. Both sides had internationals playing for them. How come when we had postponed our game against Forest because of international call ups? I more I see and hear the less I understand.

....and finally How many others thought that the five minute additional time was a joke. The physios were on the pitch so often that I would have thought that alongside the time wasting and the substitutions it ought to have been closer to ten. However if it had been more than five it would have messed up the Sky schedules. As it was we had no full time summaries etc.

We were left with a midfield of no experience (all 20 and under) A striker carrying an injury.

Why were we put in this position (and I've read page 8 of the MKDons programme).... which stated .....    and finally because of the income from Sky. There were four other reasons given!

Money dictates when your club makes a loss every year

So our patched up team was as a result of a financial decision. Did Tinnion agree to it?. He may have said yes but it must have been under duress as I can't beleive he would have chosen to field a team without three internationals in a squad of already limited depth.

Tinnion would not have had a say in it - end of story.If it were down to him the game would have been postponed for the reasons you stated.

....and finally  How many others thought that the five minute additional time was a joke. The physios were on the pitch so often that I would have thought that alongside the time wasting and the substitutions it ought to have been closer to ten. However if it had been more than five it would have messed up the Sky schedules. As it was we had no full time summaries etc.

I think your probably right about the time not added on - but Colchesters "tactics" of going down with cramp every five mins was diabolical.Notice that not one City player went down with the same complaint.

I'd like to know why Tinnion blames everyone else but himself...

Above his desk is a motto, which reads as folows:-

There are onlly 2 rules at this football club.

Rule 1. The Manager is always right.

Rule 2. When the Manager is wrong , rule 1 applies.

Whilst I'm not putting forward an application to the happy clappy club i must admit to feeling sorry for Tinnion on Saturday.

Virtually everything you say is true, but was the hard place made unnecessarily harder by the selection?

Compared to the team that pulled back from two down against MKD the

only enforced change was in the front line where Stewart/Cotterill

were unavailable for different reasons. The other ten were all available.

Instead of using Gillespie in their place (his pace being useful when

he did get on) and leaving the side otherwise untouched, the manager

kept the same 3-4-1-2 formation but brought in Orr, pushed Brown into

Bridges' spot and bumped Bridges along to the front; also Keough

replaced Smith,J in the back three (at least Heywood marked the

target man this week).

So instead of making one change against a known baseline, he actually

made four ... surely makes it that much more difficult to determine

what works and what doesn't?

Compared to the team that pulled back from two down against MKD the

only enforced change was in the front line where Stewart/Cotterill

were unavailable for different reasons. The other ten were all available.

Instead of using Gillespie in their place (his pace being useful when

he did get on) and leaving the side otherwise untouched, the manager

kept the same 3-4-1-2 formation but brought in Orr, pushed Brown into

Bridges' spot and bumped Bridges along to the front; also Keough

replaced Smith,J in the back three (at least Heywood marked the

target man this week).

So instead of making one change against a known baseline, he actually

made four ... surely makes it that much more difficult to determine

what works and what doesn't?

Yes, I would have thought that after Bridges success in the hole against MkDons his position would have been maintained. Brooker's substitution at half time would have forced Bridges forward though as we then had only 2 strikers fit and/or available. Bridges still seemed to be dropping deep looking for the ball and seems to be wanting to be involved in the linkage play from a deep position.

Gillespie's pace would have been nice from the start though and Cotterill could have benefited from a start in his preferred position ( but of course he wasn't available was he.)

How does that song go. There's a hole in my bucket, dear Lisa.

I'd like to know why Tinnion blames everyone else but himself...

I wasn't at the game, pretty hard to get to games as I live in Spain. But, from watching the game on Sky one thing came across - the apathy and hostility of the crowd. Where is the support!!!?????

Get behind Tins and the team at the gate and be the 12th man. You might not like him as manager, but believe it or not, he wants the same as we do - promotion to the Championship and without the support of the crowd, he is not going to get it.

Archived