IGNORED

Nfl

elhombrecito

So then, the NFL kicks off this Thursday evening with a match-up between two of my most hatest teams:

Oakland user posted image

Versus

New England user posted image

(we just need Miami to finish off the hate-fest...)

Who's looking forward to it? The NFL close season is so long I've forgotten who the fellow Gridiron fans are on here - so reveal yourselves!

I'm hoping for a Raiders win on Thursday, simply because I hate them less. razz.gif

The mighty Green Machine have started very well in pre-season so I'm very optimistic for the season ahead, even if we do have to rely on a former Dolphin as back-up QB....

Yes indeed i am looking forward to it.

Looking forward to it with soime degree of anticipation as well because the Giants have made some very smart acquisitions and could make things happen for the first time in few years.

Why the hatred for New England?

You can only respect what Bellichek has achieved there given how open a competition the NFL actually is.

(Verse)

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

(Chorus 1)

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

(Chorus 2)

Yes we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

(Repeat)

Grew up with Marino as a hero so i'm sorry for this.

We're so, so, so poor this year we've brought back Ricky.

Perfect season number two? no way, no chance, lucky to finish fourth in the conferance.

Guest scrumpy dare
(Verse)

Miami has the Dolphins,

The greatest football team!

We take the ball from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

We're in the air,

We're on the ground,

We're always in control.

So when you say Miami,

You're talking Super Bowl!

(Chorus 1)

Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

(Chorus 2)

Yes we're the Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins,

Miami Dolphins Number 1.

(Repeat)

Grew up with Marino as a hero so i'm sorry for this.

We're so, so, so poor this year we've brought back Ricky.

Perfect season number two? no way, no chance, lucky to finish fourth in the conferance.

simon rice might have diffrent to say..........Bucs rule!! razz.gif

I don't really know anything about the sport. When it's on I try to enjoy the game as much as I can but I really don't understand the finer points.

Why do you hate New England and Oakland? I'm not sure that I could get sufficiently passionate about ateams playing on the other side of the world to either love them or hate them.

Go Patriots !! Another set of Superbowl winning rings beckons.

Before someone accuses me of being a glory hunter I've followed New England for the last 12 years or so ever since someone got me a Patriots cap when on holiday in Boston. I can remember the lean times when we were basically a one-man team with Drew Bledsoe at QB, luckily all the recent good times and Superbowl wins outweigh the bad times...

Guest scrumpy dare
I would rather watch old people collect their pension than watch the NFL.

I can't belive people actually watch this American crap 

rofl2br.gif

i guess youd rather see the rover play at home laugh.gif

I will try to get into it, but i am a rookie, with no team to support, so who should i support? I don't want to support the best team, New England isn't it?

I want to follow a random team- will be more interesting  city.gif

I don't really know anything about the sport.  When it's on I try to enjoy the game as much as I can but I really don't understand the finer points.

Why do you hate New England and Oakland?  I'm not sure that I could get sufficiently passionate about ateams playing on the other side of the world to either love them or hate them.

I can see why people find the sport hard to get into. It is very stop-start, thanks in part to the huge amount of commericials broadcast every game.

Having said that if you have the patience to sit down and watch a game it can be incredibly tense and nailbiting. Only people who watch the NFL will know the game i am referring to but during my first season following the New York Giants (*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* 'Tinman-is-god') they lost in the play-offs 39-38 (i think it was), after leading by about 25 points at half time. That was without doubt one of the most unbelievable sporting events i have ever witnessed and, I'm not kidding, i felt worn out after watching it.

I think the main attraction of the NFL is that it is so open a competition. Take for example the San Diego Chargers, they were statistically the worst team in the NFL 2 seasons ago (4-12 : 4 wins, 12 losses), but last year they came back to be one of the best - winning about 10 games and making the play-offs.

If you go into the sport wanting fast paced all action then you will be disappointed, this isnt football, but then agaion nor is cricket. If you are going to enjoy it then you must go into it with an open mind and give it a chance - i felt that it was a dull slow paced bore up until about 3/4 years ago, the first game i ever watched was, and this should make 'Boxing Kangaroo' smile, the Patriots beating the Rams in the Superbowl with a last second field goal. Not a bad introduction to the game to be fair!

I don't know a great deal about the sport... I watched the Superbowl and was disappointed, although I'm told it was a poor game in comparison to previous years.

I'm actually seeing the Patriots Vs. Bills and/or Patriots Vs. Colts when I'm in Boston later this year and I'm looking forward to it.

I saw a very good American Football related film last night called "Friday Night Lights" I highly recommend it.

I can see why people find the sport hard to get into. It is very stop-start, thanks in part to the huge amount of commericials broadcast every game.

My brothers in Chicago for a year and went to a pre-season game with his mate just to see what the fuss was about. They ended up walking out after the 3rd quarter. Said it was just too stop-start, with breaks every couple of minutes for TV commercials. From what he did understand, he said that Chicago Bears were cack (dunno who they were playing) blink.gif

My favourite weekend of the year coming up when all three of my sports are on at the same time - football, cricket and NFL. Always worth a little trip to the bookies - this year it'll be a tricast on:

City to win at Swansea

England to win the 5th test (COME ON BOYS!!)

Miami to beat the Broncos

I do this every year and have never won yet - I love all my teams but don't seem to choose wisely! doh.gif

Redhyde - nice song! Don't be too pessimistic - Miami's defence is still strong and Ricky is back! We also have a good set of recievers, it's just a shame we haven't got a QB to get it to them! You never know though, a win over Denver and then a comfortable win at the Jets in week 2 (that's right, Stucider!!) and we could be the surprise package.

They often show Jets v Dolphins games on Sky - here's hoping!

When I lived in the States (1980-83) the Bucs and the Patriots were the two joke teams of the whole NFL - how times have changed! I wouldn't expect too much from the Bucs this year though. I must be one of the few Brits to be a Dolphins fan since the pre-Dan Marino (God) days!

As to our problems in the QB dept, it wasn't helped last year by the fact our Offensive Line was next to useless - I hope they've gone some way to sorting that out for this year.

I didn't realise Ricky wasn't back until week 5. Damn.

(We'll still beat the Jets though praying smiley.gif !)

Guest scrumpy dare
When I lived in the States (1980-83) the Bucs and the Patriots were the two joke teams of the whole NFL - how times have changed!  I wouldn't expect too much from the Bucs this year though.  I must be one of the few Brits to be a Dolphins fan since the pre-Dan Marino (God) days!

As to our problems in the QB dept, it wasn't helped last year by the fact our Offensive Line was next to useless - I hope they've gone some way to sorting that out for this year.

I didn't realise Ricky wasn't back until week 5.  Damn.

(We'll still beat the Jets though  praying smiley.gif  !)

the dolphins play at a baseball ground where the bucs play at the best team themed ground in the world. and best website.....THIS YEAR WE TAKE NO PRISONERS devil.gif

www.buccaneers.com look at the site as its quality.

Guest scrumpy dare
That is a quality website, excellent design work. Then again I wouldn't expect anything less from a team that has a full-size, fully-interactive pirate ship at one end of their stadium !!

Great cheerleaders as well  wub.gif

join the darkside my friend dance.gif knowone can compete with the bucs

the dolphins play at a baseball ground where the bucs play at the best team themed ground in the world. and best website.....THIS YEAR WE TAKE NO PRISONERS devil.gif

Actually it's the Florida Marlins who play in a fooball ground, and as long as they don't make the World Series it doesn't make any difference to the Dolphins. It did cost us a game last season though, when Orlindo Mare missed a last minute field goal kicking out of the sand! Shocking ohmy.gif !!

The Dolphins play the Bucs at that little 'Disney World' stadium you've got going in week 6 (Oct 16), by the way. Ricky will be back - BRING IT ON!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Guest MaloneFM
I would rather watch old people collect their pension than watch the NFL.

I can't belive people actually watch this American crap 

rofl2br.gif

Evo? Come on sit on Rog's knee will you?

See these people think that this overblown rubbish which is like the Premiership will be in 10 years time is rather good. No I don't know why either. So let them have their million dollar rugby. Its on in the middle of the night anyway so it doesn't bother proper people ok?

There's a good lad-run along now. wink.gif

Evo? Come on sit on Rog's knee will you?

See these people think that this overblown rubbish which is like the Premiership will be in 10 years time is rather good. No I don't know why either. So let them have their million dollar rugby. Its on in the middle of the night anyway so it doesn't bother proper people ok?

There's a good lad-run along now.  wink.gif

See, the difference Mr. Malone, is that American Football is played by athletes whereas rugger is played by bloated public schoolboys who like to grab each other's testicles and perhaps indulge in a bit of eye gouging (all part of the game, apparently). razz.gif As there's only about 2,000 professional players in a country the size of the States it's no wonder they get paid so much.

If people don't understand or like it that's fine! As you say, it's hardly like you can watch it by mistake.

Guest scrumpy dare
Actually it's the Florida Marlins who play in a fooball ground, and as long as they don't make the World Series it doesn't make any difference to the Dolphins.  It did cost us a game last season though, when Orlindo Mare missed a last minute field goal kicking out of the sand!  Shocking  ohmy.gif  !!

The Dolphins play the Bucs at that little 'Disney World' stadium you've got going in week 6 (Oct 16), by the way.  Ricky will be back - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!  biggrin.gif

no i dissagree looking at the ground shape and the design of it its definatley a baseball ground biggrin.gif and just because your jealouse of the bucs having the best fan themed ground dosent mean you can slate it and like i said before THIS YEAR WE TAKE NO PRISONEERS! farmer.gif so look out for simon rice before he runs you over.

Guest scrumpy dare
Patriots 30 - Raiders 20 last night. Good start to the season for New England with superstar QB Tom Brady in fine form (306 yds, 2 TD's and 0 Int's).

Go Patriots !!

shoot them raiders dead chant6ez.gif

Guest scrumpy dare
Patriots 30 - Raiders 20 last night. Good start to the season for New England with superstar QB Tom Brady in fine form (306 yds, 2 TD's and 0 Int's).

Go Patriots !!

shoot them raiders dead chant6ez.gif

Archived