IGNORED

Another New Player

leadman

now clist is of the payroll will this enable danny to get another player???????.

i rekon cureton speculation will start again, do we need another striker?????

it seems miller/pcock will allways get the first nod but i wouldnt be devastated if one of these and either roberts or lita at to start a game would you?????

if we go behind in a game and need to throw caution to the wind we could end up with roberts(wide right)miller/pcock(centre)goodfellow(left), mothwatering strike force, oh and the poacher lita to come on aswell.

Cureton is strongly linked with his old boss Holloway.

Anyhow - Peacock and Miller seem to be getting better with each game and it can't be long before Millers' barren patch ends.

And...there Lita/Roberts waiting in the wings if one of them gets suspended or injured.

Do we really need another striker? A month ago I would have said definately - but now I'm not so sure.

No need to bring anyone in, we have competition across the side now and always a number of youngsters in the reserves/academy waiting for a chance.

Miller/Peacock getting better, Lita & Roberts there if needed.

I tend to agree.

However, a report in the Evening Post from yesterday, suggests otherwise:

Danny Wilson told today of his desire to bolster Bristol City's promotion-chasing squad still further, and underlined the positions he feels could be usefully strengthened.

I haven't seen the full article, but I understand that he's highlighted a midfielder and a central defender as positions he's keen to strengthen.

Surely we have young players in the squad already who deserve a chance before we buy anyone else in.

Another midfield player? Why?

Central defender maybe, although Fortune/Simpson/Burnell could all operate there as well as Hill/Coles/Butler - how many do we need??

Oh well, I guess you can't blame him for wanting to continually strengthen the squad.

We also must not forget we also have Lee Matthews who i think still could do a good job for us if needed, and ofcourse the super talent of Mrvin Brown we still are waiting to see. S o that is six strikers we have in our squad that could do a respectable job. 7 if you count Goodfellow who did play there for Stoke and was getting comparisoms to Owen at one point.

New striker..Not needed.

• Admin
I tend to agree.

However, a report in the Evening Post from yesterday, suggests otherwise:

Danny Wilson told today of his desire to bolster Bristol City's promotion-chasing squad still further, and underlined the positions he feels could be usefully strengthened.

I haven't seen the full article, but I understand that he's highlighted a midfielder and a central defender as positions he's keen to strengthen.

Surely we have young players in the squad already who deserve a chance before we buy anyone else in.

If we can sign players who are an improvement on what we already have, I'm all for it, but they have to be able to walk into the team and make a difference.

I certainly can't see the need for more squad players, although maybe a decent keeper to provide competition, rather than just cover.

I read last week that Hollowhead had gone begging to his board to get the £50 grand needed to pay up Curetons Korean contract. (I thought it was more?) He is absolutely desperate to get him. He has realized City are putting pressure on QPR. I hope it doesn't happen that they get Cureton and he is the difference between them and us, how ironic would that be. I could see that costing Danny his job. :D

Guest exiledred

to be honest i don't think we need or can afford any new players unless we hit a injury crisis. We have a pretty deep squad in most areas now.

CTID

I haven't read the article either but if Wilson is granted the funds to sign better quality players then go for, I say.

A central defender is essential with Butlers form varying from week to week and another keeper to put pressure on Phillips.

Although the striking department is looking better each game an attacking midfielder would an added incentive to those already playing to maintain thier form and fitness.

Archived