IGNORED

Lee Peacock

wilksy

Guest routabout

I liked Lee Peacock, mainly for the guy's infectious smile and his bubbly personality.

As for having him back here, I doubt it. It wouldn't be a good move and I would rather see any of our existing strikers, Gillespie included, in the squad ahead of Leapy.

Murray came back and hasn't exactly rocked our world since then. Carey, I think was a mistake, as with his return came the hooooooooofs upfield with loss of posession the only result. When people leave a club, any club, they should stay gone. Returning to former clubs rarely produces anything special. In fact, I can't think of an example where a player returning to a club has had any great positive effect.

I liked Lee Peacock, mainly for the guy's infectious smile and his bubbly personality.

As for having him back here, I doubt it. It wouldn't be a good move and I would rather see any of our existing strikers, Gillespie included, in the squad ahead of Leapy.

Murray came back and hasn't exactly rocked our world since then. Carey, I think was a mistake, as with his return came the hooooooooofs upfield with loss of posession the only result. When people leave a club, any club, they should stay gone. Returning to former clubs rarely produces anything special. In fact, I can't think of an example where a player returning to a club has had any great positive effect.

Tom Ritchie!.

No way Lee Peacock is returning ............ That would be a huge PR blunder and show a considerable lack of faith in what we have.

I must though point out I thought a certain Mr C Garland returning to the club had a considerable positive impact several years back.

Guest Tactical Genius
I never rated Peacock and was probably his biggest critic - I definately wouldn't want to see a "one goal in sixteen" striker back at AG.

In League games his record with us was

13 in 35

15 in 31

12 in 37

14 in 41

Which is actually 1 in 2.66, your quote - as ever - appears to be inaccurate.

I'll wager you now that neither Bridges nor Stewart will come even close to matching that ratio this season. At the moment they have racked up an impressive 0 in 5 and 1 in 5.

13 in 35

15 in 31

12 in 37

14 in 41

I'll wager you now that neither Bridges nor Stewart will come even close to matching that ratio this season. At the moment they have racked up an impressive 0 in 5 and 1 in 5.

In his last season at City after xmas he scored one goal in 16 games - whats inaccurate about that?

13 in 35

15 in 31

12 in 37

14 in 41

Peacock was a good player for us. People were quick to give him sh!t but forget that he did score goals.

As for Robbered, mate if you are going to quote averages don't just pick certain blocks of games at random to try and prove your point. If you were to turn our stat on it's head you could then argue that he scored 13 in 25 games before Christmas. Not a bad return for a so called sh!t player. If chopping beers every night get's a return like that, I say get all the boys down to the pub now.

Guest Tactical Genius
In his last season at City after xmas he scored one goal in 16 games - whats inaccurate about that?

Well, for a start it was 1 in 12.

Bridges and Stewart currently combine at 1 in 10.

I'd like him back as he can hold the ball up and is very very strong. Won't happen though.

thats what brooker is for. we don't need another one. if we do you might as well take with a pinch of salt everything that comes from tins. in short i very much doubt he will come., if he does i will eat my cuban military hat snack.gif

Archived