IGNORED

If City Were At Home This Weekend.....

red as fcuk

Ooh what a dilemma!

Everybody knows the test match only lasts 90 mins and horror of horrors the first ball is bowled at three o'clock...oh cruel fate!

Get out in the pub for 11 watch the cricket until 2.30 make way to gate, watch game whilst keeping track of the score via internet on mob - 4.45 make way back to pub watch cricket until 18.00.

cant think of many better ways to spend a sat to be honest!

Ooh what a dilemma!

Everybody knows the test match only lasts 90 mins and horror of horrors the first ball is bowled at three o'clock...oh cruel fate!

biggrin.gif

Well if the first four tests are anything to go by there will be more excitement at the Oval than the dross we've endured at Ashton gate razz.gif

Purely hypothetical I know, but what would you do? go to ashton gate or watch the ashes?

For me......Ashes.

Well i missed the opening day v Doncaster to go and watch the ashes and v MK Dons to watch the rugby league challege cup final.

honestly i'm such a rubbish fan i may as well flop off and watch the gas cause this club doesnt need people like me

Not enough it seems.

Surely I'm not the only one who feels the allure of Ashton Gate has dwindled recently dunno.gif

Course it has, but if City were home on Saturday i'd be there without a doubt.

I like cricket but i can't suddenly pretend to be a huge fan just because England are doing well.

I'll watch the last few hours of the Test if possible, as per usual. The rest is fascinating if you've got the time, but it's the denoument that counts. Missing City at home to watch the afternoon of the 3rd day, no chance.

Anyway, this is England we're talking about and as in other sports you just know we'll cock it up when it seems it should be in the bag.

City everytime - no questioning my loyalty.....plus its going to rain most of Saturday.

City as the most you'll miss is (one session) on the TV.

Can't help but think that the Aussies have a slight advantage with McGrath

back and Jones out, but perhaps I just remember the past 18+ years too much!!!

Guest I bleed red 'n' white
Purely hypothetical I know, but what would you do? go to ashton gate or watch the ashes?

For me......Ashes.

shut up you traitor

city fan???

not even a football fan???

obviously ##### isnt very much

shut up you traitor

city fan???

not even a football fan???

obviously ##### isnt very much

He is a 'traitor' because he wants to watch the Ashes instead of City? It is his choice, and i am sure that he is a City fan, it is just his CHOICE to watch the Ashes ahead of City. OK, so i would watch City every time, but i wouldn't ever have a go at someone for wanting to watch the cricket.

If he wants to watch England, i can't see why anyone can have a problem with it, like i said, whats it got to do with you anyway?

Jeez, why bother? I'm sure you MUST have some socks to pair up!

Nah i don't bother - mine are clearly colour marked and co-ordinated so I don't need to.

I also am playing on saturday which given my advancing years i intend to take advantage of - plenty of years to watch the drivel down the gate when my own knees finally pack up on me

Archived