IGNORED

David Pleat Next Manager

Cider Army

Yes, plenty of contacts and experience and a real football man.

But he's not exactly the future of the game, is he?

Whatever his abilities, he's yesterday's man, not today's. There have to be more people around with a good working knowledge of lower league football who would be much more suitable.

Got to be kidding!

David Platt - maybe..............pleat! NO!

I think I read somewhere that Platt was fast-tracked through his coaching badges by the FA as he was their golden boy for some reason.

If I remember the story rightly he got his A licence in a matter of a few weeks rather than the years it normally takes.

why couldnt we try and poach gary johnson from yeovil if it came to tinnion being sacked, he is a damn fine manager

Money is the simple answer.

If we sack him we pay compo to him. If we then went for Johnson we'd have to pay Yeovil compo as well - never going to happen.

Funnily enough its slowly dawning on me that unless we are in serious danger of relegation say after xmas he aint going to be sacked as we can'ty afford to pay him up.

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

The thing is we always miss out on decent managers (with the exception of DW) ie David Moyes and Peter Taylor and get useless morons again ie Tony Pulis... Tinman is too inexperienced to take us out of this deadwood league, maybe he should take more of a coaching role and bring in someone who has the experience then surely we wont have to pay compo for tinnion anyway

Rubbish, Pulis did a fine job at Gillingham and an equally good one after City. Stoke I believe.

Pulis was at Portsmouth after City and was fired for gross misconduct. He was sacked by Stoke last season for "failing to exploit foreign transfer markets".

He was a decidedly shady character when it came to transfer dealings. He got a %age of transfer fees as Gills manager. When he came here he sold Akinbiyi and some of that money went to Gills as a sell on. He tried to claim a %age of it from them.

The aged, overweight, journeymen rubbish he spent over £1m on while he was here make me very very suspicious in that context, I wouldn't be surprised if his reluctance to sign foreigners at Stoke was based on alot more than pure football.

Nibor

The aged, overweight, journeymen rubbish he spent over £1m on while he was here make me very very suspicious in that context, I wouldn't be surprised if his reluctance to sign foreigners at Stoke was based on alot more than pure football.

Nibor

I alledgedly agree with the alledged allegations which you allegedly alledge.

Archived