IGNORED

Brooker Out For A Month Wdp Report

CodeRed

According to the doctor Brooker is out for 3/4 weeks.

Problem is - Tins hasn't got 4 weeks

He is looking to let Brooker decide himself if he can play against medical advice

Tins is getting desparate now, if Brooker plays he is likely to break down after 20 mins or do some worse damage - Tins needs to get in a loan target man NOW

Presumably Lee Peacock said no to coming on loan as Tins denied it all.

Bristol Boy has consistently posted all summer about the need for 2 Target men as we had no cover if Brooks was injured and so it has proved

Although I don't think he has the skills to manage successfully you have to admit

that Tins luck with injuries has been terrible (Stewart Brooker Russell)

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...tentPK=13155024

Maybe Brookers absence will force us to play something resembling football?

I like him and he's a great player at this level but he gives the defence the option of hoofing it and it appears the tempation is too much for them.

Agreed, a bit like when Shearer played for England

thought we have 2 quality players in every position? - so no problem & no excuses then (yeah right!)

Someone else mentioned the difference between "two for every position" and "two for every role". We only have one Brooker type player, and about 4 other players who are similar to eachother.

No-ones mentioned Gillespie and Bridges up front.Not target men I know but a capable pair of strikers nonetheless.

Cotterill can also play as a striker and his pace could be a usefull outlet if Tinnion decides to play on the break at Swansea.

Bridges has to play "in the hole" behind the front two if we are going to get the best out of him or behind the front one (away from Home) perhaps - you know where I mean - the exact same position that Rooney should have been playing last night instead of being stuck on the Left Wing.

Imagine the stick our top boy would receive if he put Marcus Stewart on the left wing...................whoops, I forgot!!!!

Bridges in the hole, Cotterill and Gillespie up front ?  2 quick strikers and a gifted playmaker putting quality balls into the box, on the deck - could be a revelation ?!

Possibly. Though I'd be tempted to play Bridges and Gillespie up front with Wilkshire in the hole - worked away at Tranmere last season.

-------------------Phillips-------------------

----Keogh------Heywood-----Partridge---

Murray-----Brown------Smith----Golbourne

----------------Wilkshire----------------------

-------------Bridges-------Gillespie----------

Didn't it go to show last night what a decent manager can do with a limited squad of players. Tinnion has stressed enough that we have squad capable of winning the league, injuries will come & go but without leadership makes absolutely no difference.

You're absolutely right: its all down to leadership, and inspiring players ....giving them belief and commitment ..a "never say die" attitude.

Northern Ireland showed these qualities, last night, under a motivational manager - even though , individually, the NI players were clearly inferior to the opposition. As a team, they worked hard for each other.

There's a parallel, here, with so called "modest" teams in our division...who have managers who can lead: Brentford, Luton (last year) and Plymouth (previously) spring to mind. The last two got out of our division by graft and organization.

Does anyone think Tins has the capability to lead, as well as manage?

Methinks not!

Archived